style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a customer of vodafones for several years and never had any real reason to complain. However over recent months the level of service they have provided me has been worse than abysmal and I'm looking to wash my hands of the company.

I have two numbers and each has had issues as follows -

Line 1 - Three months ago i received a text message telling me that I was nearing the limit on my data for the month. Within 2 minutes I received another telling me I had used all my data and another 2 minutes later a third text arrived telling me I was over my data and had been charged an extra £6.50.

Now I was not on the internet at the time, in fact I never use the internet on my phone unless I'm on wifi, and so could not understand why I had gone from near to over my limit in this fashion. I contacted Vodafone and they agreed that the messages had been sent in an inappropriate manner and therefore they removed the charge of £6.50.

The following month I received a text message telling me I had gone over my data limit and was being charged again. I therefore rang 44555 and got the automated line to send me a text message telling me what my balance was. Lo and Behold it showed that I was in fact not over my limit and so after contacting Vodafone again they agreed I had been charged incorrectly and credited off the charge.

The same thing happened again this month and they have had to credit my account. All of this is bad enough and has made me question my custom with the company but it pails in comparison to the issues I have had on my second line.

Line 2 - This number was eligible for an early upgrade and my wife (who uses this number) wanted a new phone so I contacted Vodafone and did all the necessary to get it done. This was last friday (11th September) and we received all of the usual order confirmations and tracking info as you do. The next day however I was sent a message telling me that the order had been cancelled.

Upon calling Vodafone it turned out that the person who had taken the order had done it incorrectly and therefore the order had not gone through. Having had about enough I opted to not continue with the upgrade with the thought of letting my contract run down and moving on.

THe wife wasn't keen on this idea and so I ended up completing the upgrade via Carphone Warehouse but obviously staying with Vodafone (yeah I know I shouldn't have but anything for a quiet life).

So the new handset arrived but as with new phones the sim was a different size and so I contacted Vodafone to complete a sim swap.

Monday evening a member of their team told me that he had done it and that it should be complete within an hour. The following morning my new sim was still not on the network and so I contacted them again. The second person I spoke to told me that the sim swap had not been done correctly the night before so they would complete it for me. This conversation ended with the promise that it should be completed within two hours.

Nine hours later and with still no connection to the network I contacted Vodafone for the third time and was told that they couldn't see what was wrong but that they would put the swap through again and that it should be done in an hour. Another night came and went but the following morning the swap had still not been done so I contacted a fourth different member of the Vodafone team who told me that it was still going through and would be done in half an hour.

12 hours passed and I was still not on the network so I contacted Vodafone for the fifth time and was informed that a new swap request had been put in that morning (this was not what the fourth team member had said earlier that day) and that I would have to wait until 9am the following morning.

Well that was this morning and guess what......no sim on the network. My sixth contact with Vodafone yielded the information that in fact the swap had failed as they are now claiming that the sim card is faulty and that I should therefore go to a Vodafone store and get another one.

I am beyond frustrated with this situation and coupled with the problems with them overcharging me every month I have had all I can stand. I have emailed the CEO of Vodafone with a breakdown of events on both numbers along with the request that both of my lines with his company are terminated with immediate effect as I have absolutely no intention of remaining with the company and also have no intention of paying any termination fees.

My case has been passed to whomever deals with these matters and I am awaiting their response. In the meantime I have stopped using both phones and am putting PAYG sims into them for the time being until the situation is resolved and I can move to another compnay.

The question is are Vodafone in breach of the terms and conditions of the contract I have signed with them? It reads as follows -

2.1 Vodafone shall use reasonable endeavours to provide Customer with the Services and to ensure the security of Customer’s communications at all times.

Could it be argued that they have fallen down on the reasonable endeavours to provide me with services? I don't think it can be but I'm just trying to arm myself with as much ammunition as possible in my fight with them.