style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I'm after some advice after trawling the net for hours.

In sheer stupidity two years ago I got a job in holland and ran up some debt at the bank and on a credit card. The company that I worked for went bump and I ended up well and truly screwed.

In another stupid moment I decided to return to England which I know is totally irresponsible and I'm far from proud of that but things at that point got unbelievably bad.

So now to the dilemma, the company I work in england require me to go to holland for 3 days at the end of this month, as you can probably imagine I'm extremely worried as to what will happen.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to what will happen when I get schipol airport. I have read so much but have struggled to find answers relating to Netherlands

I would add I'm not proud of any of my actions and would be grateful for any advice

Debt is not a criminal issue in Europe and has not been for a very long time. It is purely a civil issue between you and the Banks/creditors concerned. So no checks or problems at the airport or anywhere else in Holland.

Just don't use any Dutch debit or credit cards or apply for any loans while you are there. Probably won't work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just out of curiosity, I presume if it was parking tickets, unpaid taxes etc then it's criminal? I've just found a thread from a Spanish girl similar story, who returned to holland and was ordered to pay the fines at passport control??

Yours is 100% civil debt. The authorities won't even know you are 1p in debt. They don't care.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just out of curiosity, I presume if it was parking tickets, unpaid taxes etc then it's criminal? I've just found a thread from a Spanish girl similar story, who returned to holland and was ordered to pay the fines at passport control??

Yes if you owed money to Dutch government they would have checks in place. It would still not be criminal until you were taken to court and you refused to pay anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread