Newbie Dan vs Hsbc for charges

dobley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new to site, well first thread started.

DPA letter sent 22/10/06

Statements recieved 07/11/06

Now the process of working out how much they owe me, any info from here on out would be a bonus. thanks :!:8-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

It the norm, they are snowed under (no pun intended) just carry on as per the advice, file your MCOL online is easiest - if you get stuck come back here and we'll help.

make sure you have calculated your interest properly, inc the 8% at the MCOL stage and also add the court cost to the final total.

You won't be able to attach your schedule of charges with the MCOL, so post 3 copies (recorded direct to the court - template letter in here) also as soon as you receive a copy of the court filing and your claim No from teh court send a 2 copies of the schedule of charges direct to the solicitors

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hey,

thanks for the reply, was in need of rapid response help. any other info you have on what details etc i will need for the court proceedings etc.

All information you can provide would be a great help. Will gather the information i have so far to prepare for the claim against the bank.

to what solicitors do i send the details, once recieved to?

am i right in sayin the court claim charge is £120?

thanks again for the help.

Hi again,

The court charge varies on the value of your claim, yours based on £1400 won't be as much as £120 !!

Once you file your claim, you will receive a #hard' copy in the post from te court services, this will give address detail for the banks solicitors. Usually DG (that's their name)

You then need to send 3 copies of your schedule of charges to the court and a further 2 copies to the solicitor (they will ask for it if you don't) so you are saving a little time that way.

Don't forget to send all by recorded post and keep copies etc.

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

when do i include the court costs into the total of the amount claiming? i am just about to start the court action...thanks for all help up till now.

one other thing, do you have the links for the copies of letters etc i will need? thanks

You include the court costs (and the 8% interest) at the time of submitting your claim !

Have a look at these:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

There are all the letters you require in here !

was just preparing the court claim etc. just started getting all info. now i have just recieved this letter from the bank. do i just go ahead and carry on wit the court claim?

letter reads :

Dear Mr Hobley

Thankyou for your letter dated 20 November 2006 concerning your request for a refund of bank charges. I apologise for not yet having fully completed my investigation.

I will contact you again by 16 January 2007 and expect to be able to provide you with a full response at that time.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience and enclose a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with. If you need to contact us, please quote the reference number : XXXXXXXXXX

yours sincerely

Colin langdale

carry on, that letter says that they are unable to complete your request within the set time. I take it that was a reply from your LBA?? If it was then you can now go ahead and file with the courts. If not then you need to send the LBA to them. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Am I right in thinking your LBA expired on 22nd !!

Well, what are you waiting for ?? get that claim in fast, they won't do anything unless you jab them with a 'cattle prod' by way of 'encouragement' ;)

Lol, i agree. Get down the courts and file for it. You will be fine!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If this has helped, please click on the scales on the bottom left of this post and add to my reputation.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

We have all been there, done that, got our money back, but you will have to keep on top of the process, they will do ALL they possibly can to drag it out (at your expense) and if you are overdrawn they will add more charges to add insult !!!

• 3 weeks later...

WAHOOO!! lol made some very good head way with a VERY BIG thanks to all the information on here and from the people kind enough to give helpful pointers.

got the standard letter today from the bank sayin all the usual rubbish about how if it went to court then they would win etc blah blah. yet the are mindful of the costs they'll incur and out of the £1411.68 i asked for they are offering me £1105.00 back in full and final settlement of this matter for charges incurred up to november 06.

just debating about accepting or not, if i do as partial then will they withdraw the offer etc?!?!

good start to a new year hey!! especially as its been going bad so far lol.

If it was me Dan I'd refuse it, but thats for you to decide - everybodys situation is different. You have come this far though, why let them keep the rest of your unlawfully obtained money?. If you do accept it as a partial offer they may withdraw it (not familiar with HSBC) but so what if they do - they will have to pay you the lot when you win!

• 1 month later...

Yet again i have been charged another £37 by HSBC. is there a template for a claim for a one of charge?

i want this money back aswell..valuable drinking dosh lol.

please advise.

thankyou