End of tenancy Agreement still in the house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been renting a house for the last 12 months on 6 monthly tenancy agreements. I have paid the rent in cash religiously every month without fail. However, 6 months ago the Landlord advised that she wished to sell the house at the end of the agreement and so I would have to vacate. No problem, I went to go buy a house. However this house purchase has taken longer than expected. I have served a notice on intent to vacate to the letting agent, I did put a caveat in there that stated we may wish to stay longer than the 4 weeks notice should the need arise. This was accepted by the letting agent who is also coincidentally the estate agent for the property we are buying. No to the point....

The tenancy agreement expired on the 31st October, I haven't paid any rent so far this month asthe house move should complete in less than 2 weeks so I didn't want to pay a full month for 2 weeks living there. I haven't signed a new agreement for any length of time but I have today received a letter from the letting agent asking for this months full rent and a charge of £25 deucted from the bond because we didn't pay on time....where do I stand legally? By the way I need the bond returning to pay for some of the bills for the house move. I paid the bond in cash can I insist it is returned in cash?

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

You will probably have to pay a months rent. If you pay your rent on the same date every month, then your tenancy should end on that day or the day before. So if you have now gone into a new month then the rent will be due for that month.

You can get some good advice on the Shelter website.

As for the charge if it's in the tenancy agreement then you may not be able to avoid paying for it. Others may be able to give you better advice on this.

Regards, Joan

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11

£25 charge is unenforceable. Months rent must be paid, but if they have served you notice then you are entitled to leave at any time, and claim the rest of the rent back pro rata.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for your help guys

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider