Lon & Ant Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally made my thread in the right place! I have read all the FAQs but still be confused.

My plight with the Halifax is not a happy one. I have three accounts and have received charges on all of them. further to sending my SAR on 28 September I received a reply today - not what i was expecting though.

They advise that copies of duplicate statements are being sent under separate cover - i thought i had requested a list of charges relating to the accounts - then they say "with regard to your request for manual intervention on your account HSBO plc is uner no statuaroty obligation to record this information and i am therefore are unable to assist further with your request" - I'm not sure what this means.

Has anyone else had this response from the Halifax? As i've still not received the statements i'm not sure what to do?

Please help, i'm disheartened by their response.

Lon

20/05/06 - Data Protection Letter sent (x 3 accounts)

June 06 - Halifax Letter received claiming 5.00 cost per statement

June 06 - I panic and give up without a fight!!

28/09/06 - find this website and get back on track

28/09/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter to be sent recorded delivery

10/10/06 - S.A.R. Cheque cleared account

06/11/06 - received letter confirming duplicate statements are being sent under separate cover. Told they are under no statuartory obligation to record this information and therefore wil be unable to assist!

Hi lon

Dont worry it is there standard reply "Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable." is what it says also.

You can list your charges from them

Their 40 days are up soon so you can either phone to remind them or send them a letter. there are some contact details here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/388-halifax-direct-contact-details.html

• 2 weeks later...

17/11/06 - called Halifax (Martin Clay, very helpful - will post his number when i get home). He advised that statements had already been sent but he would copy them again, at no charge and sent them out that day.

18/11/06 - big fat envelope arrived Special Delivery from Halifax Yipee.

20/11/06 - called Martin Clay thanking him for quick response but I was concerned that the previous statements had not made it to me. He then changed the story and told me that as i have online banking, even though the £10.00 had been taken from my account my request had not been processed!!!!! The Halifax are "looking into" this problem.

With my high-lighter at the ready I've scoured the statments and i'm ready take the next step! Watch this space

• 2 months later...

01/02/07 - sent my Preliminary Approach for repayment

12/02/07 - Received reply from Halifax. A standard letter, "sorry you are unhappy with charges applied to your account........ Customer Relations Manager will investigate points raised and will you will receive a reply shortly, certainly no later than 4 week"

Question: As their 14 days are now up, even though they have responded but with delay tactics, can I send the Letter Before Action?

As always, any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Lon

x

Sorry, me again.

One other thing, when I sent off my Preliminary letter I did not include the interest, was this a mistake on my part as Ii was getting a lttle confused?

If it was my error is it too late to add the interest.

Thanks

Lon

x

Stick to your deadlines and post the LBA after 14 days have expired.

Do not include interest in your calculations until you file with the courts.

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

23/02/07

Since issuing my prelim letter the Halifax are getting really ****ty on all my other accounts with them (I have a few). I believe this is due to my request for charges to be returned.

The lastest trick is to put a debt collection agency onto me for 39.80 that had already been paid. I'm getting really stressed out and as usual hit a brick wall when I try and call the Halifax.

God knows what they are gonna do when they get my letter before action?

Are they allowed to behave like this? Should I contact the financial ombudsman or are they just being bullies because they can?

Any words of wisdom would really be appreciated right now

Cheers

Lon :-x:-x

Don't let them bully you, Lon. Remember, its YOUR money, you WILL get it back. All these little tricks aren't going to stop them having to give you a big fat wadge of cash at some point soon!

I have a personal loan and a credit card with them...they'd better not try any funny business with those accounts! They can have the CC account, I don't care, but I've never, ever missed one solitary payment on the loan.

No worries! :) So long as you stick to the tried and tested methods on these hallowed pages, you'll be fine. And don't ever fret about asking questions or for advice, everyone on here was a beginner at some point! I'm always asking for help on various things and people are only too quick to offer assistance. I've become addicted to this site! I'm a teacher and I have this page open on my laptop once the kids are underway with their work! Ha ha! I've even explained to some of them and they've got their parents to claim! So funny!

Good luck! (Not that you'll need it, of course!) :):p;):D

OH MY GOD - what should I do.

My other half has just looked online at our accounts with Halifax and today I have received three individual payments totalling 1,400 pounds into my accounts that I am trying to reclaim charges for.

I sent my LBA late, by special delivery yesterday insted of 16 February and then these payments arrived.

I've had no letters or phone calls. I called online banking but they can't tell me where the money has come from.

One of the payments is spot on what I was asking for, the other two are out by 694.00

Has this happenend to anyone else?

What should I do now?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm on the phone to Halifax again. :mad: They say a letter was sent on Wednesday 28 February offering these payments as full and final settlement.:eek:

I have not received any such letters and have been unable to decline them before a standing order has been taken eating into the refund.

Mysteriously I've now been on hold for over 10 minutes!!!!

Can they do this?

After 16 minutes on hold, just been put through to Bev Anderson on 01244 692166 - a Customer Relations Manager