Please help welcome car finance MKDP

gazza2176
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone advise please as we thought this had all been resolved:

Back on the 31/1/04 we got a car from welcome finance since then actually taking the car we had nothing but problems car was unfit was in garage more than on the road etc etc

But we kept paying original debt was £11337 we got this down to £6,247 until we had enough and refused to pay till car was swapped or sorted well to cut a long story short it tooks many more years until 5.3.10 when WF told us to sell car as full and final settlement

So we did and thought that would be the end of it then earlier this week (todays date 20.4.2015) we got a letter from a company called MKDP telling us we still owed £6247 as they had now bought our debt from WF i disputedd this and explain the situation over the phone and they said they would put on hold and check

They sent me a statement of my finacial account with welcome finance on which it states 5/3/10 account type credit amount : £6247.48 balance £0.00 description: Debt written off ..... if this is on my statement which is supposed to be from welcome car finance how can mkdp be chasing us for that ammount and why have we not heard anything from 2010 until just over 2 weeks ago.

The welcome car finance default was even removed from our credit score over a year ago and we thought we were rebuilding again can someone advvice whats the best course of action to take please..

Edited by maroondevo52
formatting

Welcome to CAG gazza2176

Debt written off can mean different scenarios ....it can mean debt assigned ...prob to MKDP....did you ever receive a letter form MKDP stating that they had bought the debt (assigned)?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well if you've not paid anything since 2010, then it is on it's final legs, and they're trying to get you to reset the clock so they have a further 6 years to harass you.

IMO I would either ignore them, but keep a close eye on my credit file, OR send them the ''Prove it'' letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-**Updated-21st-April-2014**

Send it 2nd class but obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well if that's the case it may already be SB......

You've not paid anyone else since then? & you've not confirmed to anyone 'in writing' that you owe this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

no no-one infact this is first we have heard anything to do with car since around 2007/8 as we moved not long after and only correspondance was the first letter from MKDP 2 weeks or so ago saying they bought last thing says om statement is 17/12/07 debit £10.00 balance £6247.48 add hoc fee there are loads of those no idea what they are

Well if you are 100% certain then it will be SB,

so you can either send them the SB letter OR,

my preference, ignore them, and if they attempt to issue a summons, you will

have a complete defence as it is SB.

ill ignore them completly see if they go to court sorry to sound stupid but whats SB??

Statute Barred

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.