HSBC deny I exist

Jaynekul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent SAR letter with full info to HSBC Mastercard. They say no trace cant take it any further without account no which I dont have. Even gave them date the account was opened. Is there anything I can do from here?

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter with full info to HSBC Mastercard. They say no trace cant take it any further without account no which I dont have. Even gave them date the account was opened. Is there anything I can do from here?

Hi there i had exactly the same problem with HSBC, i have filled 18 cases all in for various friends and family and HSBC were the only ones who tried this tactic. I was at a total lose as to what i could do, and i dont really know where you stand legally and if they have to tell you anything. However this is how i managed it - think about how you used to pay your credit card bill ? was this DD or bank transfer, did you ever pay it by cheque etc - if so then the reference will be somewhere.

HSBC couldnt find me anywhere on there sytem, yet i had a quick scan through my bank statements and found monthly payments listed 'HSBC MASTERCARD 1234567890987654'

Hope this helps

Paul

Me

HSBC: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First statments 21/08

Capital One: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

MBNA: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

G.E Money (BurtonCard): DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Citi Bank: DPASAR 08/08 - Requested more personal info 10/08 - Sent 10/08

RBoS: DPASAR 07/08 - Standard Reply XX/08

HSBC (Credit Card): DPASAR XX/08

Partner

Argos: DPASAR 10/08 - Screen Prints XX/08 - Prelim 17/08

New Look: DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Abbey Nat: DPASAR 10/08 - Requested more personal info - Sent XX/08

Mom

Barclay Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Capital One: DPASAR 18/08 -

L.P.F: DPASAR 18/08 -

Lloyds TSB: DPASAR 17/08 -

Monument: DPASAR 17/08 -

Sainsbury's Credit Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Partners Mom

Studio: Prelim

Allders: Prelim

Partners Sis

NatWest: DPASAR 22/08

Thanks I will go through my statements again & see if there is anything which would give me a clue

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

Its a point worth noting that your SAR was only served on the 23rd so they still have more time don't they?

Write back telling them that they have sufficient information to identify you and that if they refuse to supply the data you requested that you will take them to court.

It is also worth asking them to confirm when they destroyed your data.

Another forum member wrote a one liner in response to a letter such as yours from the abbey basically asking them to confirm they had destroyed his data. Funny thing is the data arrived a few days later.

If they don't and if you are absolutely certain that you have provided them with sufficient information to identify you.

You could enter a claim in court for failure to comply with Sec 7 DPA after the 40days and then 7 days for LBA have expired

You claim that either they supply your data or enter into court a sworn statement why they cannot supply the data.

I have had something similar with the Co-op who said they didn't have any more data, funnily enough when i took them to court they found another three years worth.

I'm now waiting for them to enter a sworn statement into court that they don't hold any more.

The advantage of this route is that it forces them to look very carefully because they wont want to lie to the court.

You of course have to be pretty certain about your facts, as you always do of course when taking someone to court but if they have any data on you then you will get it.

By the way what did you send them by way of a SAR and did they cash your cheque?

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I have been back through my stats again & find that I did in fact pay them by DD so part of the account no is there. The DD details have been removed even from the old instructions but Im sure they should be able to trace the account from what I have told them. The date it was opened, the date I made first payment etc. Will keep on top of it

Thanks v much for taking the trouible to reply much appreciated

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06