I received this letter from HSBC.

sr9999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a letter from HSBC today in reply to the second letter before action. I would show you a scan but I can't at the moment. They stated they're standing ground on this and are not willing to refund my charges.

Is there anything holding me back from filing a claim at this point?

Regards,

Is there anything holding me back from filing a claim at this point?Regards,

Yes - the courts are closed now, and won't be open again until Monday...

Sorry - there is nothing at all holding you back. I got IMMENSE satisfaction by raising my claim today. I hope it is just as satisfying for you. Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

How can you lose - you're right, they're wrong and they will pay up. If you don't believe me, look at this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/surveyresults.php

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You can use Moneyclaim over the weekend but it won't get processed until Monday. I did that and on Tuesday morning the Bank received the court letter. On the Thursday I got a nice letter from DG solicitors !

You stated your intention to go to court. You POSSIBLY could lose...and therefore your fees will be lost. The bank could POSSIBLY defend...but they will incur costs which they can't recover. In REALITY you probably won't even get to court.

It's a game of chicken. Hold your nerve and go for it.

Been through the system. Keep going... it works !

If you check around the forum you will see that, whilst they state that they will vigorously contest any claim, NO bank has actually let it go to court.

Yes, the truth is that you could, possibly, by a 1 in 1,000,000 chance, end up in court - but it just isn't going to happen. They will settle before you even know what the judge looks like...I was really nervous this morning before raising my claim...but now I feel relaxed. Have faith.

I'm making my claim now through Moneyclaim.gov.uk.

"Does or will your claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act 1998?"

Yay or nay?

Also to add:

"Do you want to reserve the right to claim interest?"

I didn't add the interest onto any contact letters I've sent to HSBC because it wasn't much and I wasn't too sure if I could claim it back while in the process of of creating my claim. I now realise I could have but I don't want to cause any confusion by amending the claim amount. I assume the question has nothing to do with bank interest through because the form isn't designed to reclaim charges from a bank.

Guest Lueeze

Your right its not for bank interest only the 8%

You will still have the same amount to claim just 8% added at the end of your claim....

Claim the interst even if you havent told the bank!

I don't want any cracks in my case, not even hairline cracks.

How about

"Does or will your claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act 1998?"

I'm assuming no?

Human Rights: No

Claim Value: Charges + Interest Charges (charged by the bank on your statements) + Court Costs

You reserve the right to claim interest at 8% APR pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act, from [dates of charges to date of settlement/judgement - this is by using the spreadsheet]

Good luck

Thanks Spiceskull!

I will get hte hang of it sooner or later:confused: :rolleyes:

S'okay :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Settled!

£1598.50

Yes - great result, well done. :D

I have filled out the survey.

Now the doubt has been removed from friends on this I will help them sort this out. I will make sure you receive a donation from them if they proceed and are victorious and you will receive a donation from me shortly.

Thanx for your help, Stephen.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks