• Tweets

• Thanks all, especially the information about Kev! Yes, I'll make the mods you all suggest, especially the client bits (didn't realise it was a one man band). The only thing I'm not sure of, is the best way to "sign off", especially as the Keeper is not so keen to sign. So I'd much rather send it from our pet dog. BTW does anyone know about the landowners at Harlyn Bay? I did try to find out last year but couldn't find anything useful, and whether it is worth raising this massive cash generator scam with them. I'm guessing the landowners get a small percentage, so happy to go along with it?
    • I haven’t reply, so the hearing hasn’t been decided 
    • whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Prestige Finance - 2nd charge secured loan - going for home repo - help!

denysemarst1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no that's fine

if you can click and see them

so can we

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be working on the PPI and the charges

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Guys,

Had a bit of a nightmare over past couple of days, had to replace laptop and had trouble getting back onto the forum, all sorted now though :)

I have been preparting the spreadsheet re reclaim the PPI and charges and

I came across a document in their bundle CCA redemption report where they break down the charges,

I was grateful to see this but yet again on checking them they are incorrect

for example they are claiming for 16 litigation costs when in fact only 11 are showing on the annual statement,

they are claiming for 41 letters when they sent copies of around 300!

they are only charging once for sending an enquiry agent when they came a lot more than that and only stopped when I threatened harassment

they are charging for 15 enquiry fees of varying costs and I don't know what they are and can't find any explanation for them,

they cannot be the enquiry visits because the last charge made was in 2014 and the visits were stopped way before this.

The total charges they are claiming on this CCA are £6021.17

but they say the redemption figure as at 15/03/2015 is £9,602.57.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on with this stuff,

perhaps it was sent to confound and confuse me (it has succeeded !!!!)

why would the redemption figure be for 15/03/2015 when the loan has been fully repaid?

just the charges they are applying to court for.

Also I see on the notice of adjournment that the court has set aside 20 minutes to deal with this case,

I do not think that is going to be anywhere near the time needed to defend this one,

any suggestions gratefully received as usual :???::???::???: Denyse

forget how many of everything you 'know'

you can only reclaim what they have charged you from the statements.

yes you can reclaim the enquiry fees too

pop them in a spreadsheet.

id use the statint one

each one on a sep row

with its date and cost

This first spreadsheet is the latest version of the statutory interestlink3.gif calculator and is used for Single Premium PPIlink3.gif cases. It can also be used where rollover PPI is involved, i.e. a new loan re-financing a previous one and where PPI is included in one or more loans. It can also be used for S69 redress calculation on any sum, like on a closed/frozen interest PENALTY charges claim.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

I'm pretty dure you can use the CISHEET at their int rate

but for the minute use the stat int one.

open a sep copy to do the PPI.

and follow link 1 in my post above to work that out

dx

and they

just to get it right (sorry if I'm coming across as a bit stupid)

do I put on the spreadsheets the charges on this CCA doc?

because they only add up to £6021.17

yet they are claiming as you know over £9k but there doesn't seem any explanation I can see why they would do that,

they call it a redemption cost but to redeem what?

the loan is paid in full and they agree that this is the case.

I know the loan was finally repaid about three months after the end date

but given that they charged me PPI illegally and also I was out of work for over a year of this time

I don't think that is so bad really,

nevertheless they do so I suppose I will have to 'fight on' with this.

They have also charged interest on these charges so do I also put that on the spreadsheet?

Thanks anyway

Denyse

No doesn't look like it going to have any of it! keep getting same message,

I wanted to put them on because some of the items they have charged have stated a number of days,

but then the interest charge is way over the amount of days they have put on,

I really need to show this (as I'm probably not explaining it right) maybe I'll wait a little while or even try my old computer that might work.

if you want to upload docs you must attach them as a PDF..

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

just use the spreadsheet I gave you and put the charges in as advised.

the sheet will take care of the added interest.

dx

and they

can you scan up the agreement/PPI info please

tip put everything in a word document AFTER you redact things

the PDF the multipage word doc.

that way it one upload not several

dx

and they

that statement is IMHO absolute bowlarks

how can litigation cost £2686.22!

and they

Well if you look at the first document I uploaded on 16/03 they put £768.19 as litigation costs,

then on 21/04 another £41.13 and then AGAIN on 13/05 they decide to put another £563.67 down to litigation,

I accept that they did take the matter to court once only,

so it looks like they did it twice within 2 months!!

I don't think that's even possible, and as the term litigation is associated with court proceedings

surely to insinuate that it has been presented before the court it has to be abuse of process???

its a secured loan

they will be in their T&C's

nothing says you cant , as others have, question a lenders T&C's in oneway or another about this situation

just like credit card charges.

I don't think they are allowed the add anything like interest to them mind!

and I wonder what the situation is as they were not successful either so the case failed?

dx

and they

STILL TRYING with the spread sheet,

I understand about listing things one by one

but not sure which part of the interest to put on or indeed how many days,

on the uploaded docs it shows all sorts of interest i.e. gross, credited, net, simple compound and on and on.

I do not consider myself to be under average intelligence

however I have never done anything like this before and that's why I am struggling

I hope you can bear with me on this,

it's probably an idiots guide I need :oops:

as post 80

try the statint sheet

you don't need their int rate for that.

sadly you cant 'directly' [by entering any interest figure levied on the sheet itself] any interest figure from the statements

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Back again after a very busy time at work!

Now going to really try and complete the spreadsheet. Have been 'filing' all the stuff they sent in the SAR and have noticed quite a few things which just don't seem right. I have drafted a letter to them which I have attached, if there is anything I need to add or take out please feel free to advise. I will post the spreadsheet up before I send it, incidentally should this be sent to Prestige directly.:?:

Thanks

Denyse

Ha Ha, I think I am beginning to annoy them :lol:

Had an email back saying that due to new company policy they were unable to deal with anything by email,

I just replied and said good job I don't have to comply to your company policy then,

and I will continue to send communications in this way to avoid disputes of what has and has not been received,

the I just sent them another one. and I think I will do this now every time I want to contact them :thumb::thumb::thumb:

should be ok

and they

This thing is getting increasingly complicated they have charged interest on some of the enquiry fees but not others?? They have charged something called simple interest on all the other charges for which I cannot find a rate, I have no idea if I am doing this right so I'll put up what I have done so far let me know if this is right.

Thank you

Denyse