• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Jenny Vs Natwest - let the battle commence

jcasey2408
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been toying with this site for a while no wondering wether to claim or not then last month i inncurred over £180 in charges for the sake of 1 cheque.

I had too cancel a cheque so i rang the bank to cancel it which they charged me a tenner for. to cut a long story short they cancelled the wrong cheque so the original cheque i wanted cancelling bounced (charge incured) which they took out straight away which made me go over drawn (another charge incurred) which had a knock on effect with all my DD and SO. The bank corrected the mistake and cancelled the original cheque and alow the cheque that they had originally cancelled to proceed. Which bounced becuse of them immediately taking the charges without any warning. So now i've decided to fight back. This also happened about 6 months ago at that time i was on benefits and in that 1 month back then i lived on £10 a week because of them taking chrges and then charging me for the charge (if that makes sense). This seems to happen rather regularly with the NatWest as it happenss to my friend to. I'm of the opinion that someone at the bank goes to work and says '' Oh she hasn't had a charge for a while lets cause one for her''

Well there gonna get a shock now cos i'm taking it all back allong with capitalone and barclaycard.

Just printed off the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letters will be in the post tommorrow.

I'll keep you posted with my progress.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 3-11-06

statements recieved (few missing) 17-11-06

prelim letter sent 23-11-06

WON £249.00 refunded in FULL after 1st letter:grin:

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

Welcome finance (mis-sold PPI, extortionate APR, excessive charges)

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

'stop harrasing via telephone' letter sent 23-11-06

Request copies of original credit agreements letter sent 23-11-06

Do i have to send my letters by recorded delivery so that i have proof that they recieved them???

Can i send a PO or does it have to be a cheque as the only cheque book i have is the one for the account im claining and after the last fiasco with the cheque's and charges i'd rather send a PO.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Thanks thats great the branch is only around the corner. They'll have no excuse then to say they never got it. Do i still address it to the following address if i take it in personally.

National Westminster Bank PLC

135 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3UR

OR is there another one?

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help!!!

I posted my S.A.R to the bishopsgate address recorded delivery. I checked with royal mail today and it was recieved on the 10th nov so they have until the 19th december to send me my statements.

Which no doubt they will arrive well after xmas with an excuse of it being slow because of the xmas post etc etc, Or they could arrive on time and i'll be tucking into my xmas dinner whilst trawling through a pile of statements.

Note to self - Make sure the statemants dont get thrown out with the used xmas wrap.

Seems a long time 40 days but plenty of time to get up to speed with the process by reading everyone elses threads.

Just a quick question though - :?

How much are the court costs? It will inevitably get that far so i want to be well prepared for the court fee's as were already cash strapped trying to pay for our wedding next year. Different people seem to be charged different amount ranging from £100 to £250. I've looked on the moneyclaim site and nothings is mentioned there.

Might be able to afford a honeymoon if natwest cough up!!!! Here's to hoping.:D

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

I am sorry that I missed your first post because the initial problem re the £180 worth of charges can and still can be refunded regardless of whether the legal route is your preference. NatWest are hard task masters on refunds in general but a BANK ERROR as the one you have given on post 1 should have been refunded including any others associated with this error.

Last comments on post 1 are i assume a "throw away" comment as no one picks on anyone to charge just because they hadn;t had any recently.

Good Luck on the claim.

To me it does feel like i am preyed on but thats my opinion. When you have very little money and the bank it taking what lillte you have left and more it does start to get personal especially when you have a little one to feed but have no money to feed him with.

I have spent weeks going round and round in circles with the bank trying to find out why i haven't had my money back even though it was promised. Appartntly they have no record of ever saying i was getting it refunded. They also went on to say that as i have had 2 previous charges refunded (as a gesture of goodwill) i was no longer eligible to have any more refunded as they had already done all that they can for me and even then they didn't have to do that.

I'll keep fighting though and i'm sure i'll win one way or another.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Well, they should have noted the error on a complaints system they have, so you aren;t looking at a GOGW refund but a refund due to BANK ERROR which means that someone is not doing what is supposed to happen. I do understand where you are coming from and of course you will get everything. I am only annoyed at myself for not spotting the thread earlier on as I know that if the bank corrected their mistake they have to refund the charges that came as a result of the bank error. Gesture of Goodwill is merely where there is no bank error involved in the application of charges(I know that the charges, in itself, is unlawful at the levels debited).

I've given up calling them after another attempt today. Saying that though they have already recieved my SAR so maybe they know what's coming. If i go into the branch it just gets noted then passed to the area manager who passes it to someone else who may or may not phone me back etc etc. So we'll see what happens when i get my statements. just going over some recent ones that i've found hiden away and it's looking promising!!!

thanks again for your help, i'll be needing plenty more guidance over the coming months.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

If the amount is above £50 it has to be sanctioned by a regional refunds team, but they should. My gut feeling says you are up for the fight so I would take everything from them.

Well i've roughly gone over the statements that i have in my possession.

I need a bit of clarification -

Firstly, Where it says 'CREDIT' (followed by branch number) on my statement does that mean i have paid money or a cheque in over the counter at my local branch?

I ask this question as some of the 'credits' have only the branch number and others have this XXXXX(branch number) 04 sept XX04 card 02???

Secondly, what would it say exactly on my statement where they have refunded the full or part amount of a charge?

I know i should know better but some of the statements are that old i can't remember where as some of the current ones i know exactly what they are.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Brilliant i thought as much but just needed to check so that i dont mess up the real one when it comes in the post. Think i'll get my accountant friend to double check it first though, just to be double sure.

Thanks again for your very useful help. I'd be lost without it.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

How much are the court costs? It will inevitably get that far so i want to be well prepared for the court fee's as were already cash strapped trying to pay for our wedding next year. Different people seem to be charged different amount ranging from £100 to £250. I've looked on the moneyclaim site and nothings is mentioned there.

i have trawled this site but cant find any help with this info anywhere. All i get when i go on moneyclaim is basically i have to enter my details of my claim. No where can i find any info on whether i may be excempt from paying the court fee.

Any links etc would be very helpful and much appreciated.

thanks

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

googled it and found this

County Court Fees

makes me feel better thought i may have to find hundreds of pounds to pay for online claim if it gets that far.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Recieved my statements this morning well some of them anyway.

No tatty brown envelope but a thin white one the size you'd send a single letter in. It was ripped all the way down one side. I shall have to mention that at some point especially if i don't recieve the missing pages.

Strangely all the pages that have charges on have been duplicatied. So on my way to the shop now to buy a highlighter and i'll be doing my sums later tonight.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

I spent the last couple of days going through my statements. Up to now i have £330 in charges mainly over the last year (small but £330 i thought i'd lost forever) I still have a few pages of my bank statements missing. I know for sure that i didn't recieve any charges for the time that i do not have my statements as i had only just opened the account and didn't use it for a couple of months until i had transfered all my bills DD SO etc over.

I have had 2 accounts with natwest both of them are active but i never put money in the old account anymore it's just sitting there as a back up with a few pence in it.

So my main question is do i include both accounts on the same prelim letter?

As my other account only has 1charge on it ( i managed to get all but this one refunded)

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Any ideas as to where i send my premlin letter to requesting the amount of charges back.

I've looked around the site and found this:

NatWest Customer Relations

FREEPOST NAT12685

BOREHAMWOOD

WD6 1BR

is this the address i send it too?

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Cheers cheddar.

it will be in the post first thing in the morning.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

WON WON WON WON WON

I recieved a letter from the infamous stuart higley this morning. At first glance it seemed to be the standard bog off letter. But right down at the bottom it says:

As a gesture of goodwill and without any admittance of liability on behalf of the bank, we have agreed to refund the charges amounting to £249.00. This refund is made as a full and final settlement of your complaint. Any charges in the future will not be refunded.

I'm well happy with my little windfall and well in time for xmas.I know it's not in the thousands but it was money taken from me at a time when i had so little in the first place. I feel great it's brilliant. 1 - 0 to me. Roll on cap one, barclays and welcome finance.

Off to make my donation as this site is absolutely amazing and a big THANK YOU to everyone who gave me their bits of advice i couldn't have done it without you all.

THANK YOU, and

GOOD LUCK to every one.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Well done, great result. Like you say, look out Barclay's and co.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Any charges in the future will not be refunded.

Actually, they probably will!

God bless Ebeneezer Higley and well done you:D

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html