Reiss Returns Policy

Red_Juan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

Long story short (sort of), I bought my wedding suit from Reiss (£500) on the 23rd August. It's the most expensive item I have ever bought by far. The trousers needed altering but I chose to wait for a week or so as I hadn't bought my shoes yet. After doing so, I went into a different Reiss as it was closer to work. I paid £35 to get the trousers altered but at the time was certain the store manager who performed the pinning wasn't listening. Each time I asked a question about how he was pinning them, he sighed or pulled a face. I was stood there sweating in the end.

Even later that day I rang up and asked what would happen if they came back and I was unhappy with them and he said "I followed your instructions, it was a simple pinning process".  The thing is, I was asking him for advice, not barking out orders. I’m not a tailor but that’s the con isn’t it, that some of these 'customer service experts' pretend to be.

I had to wait a week and then got a call yesterday.  I went to collect them and they now look like they were made for a 6 year old and on the underneath there’s a piece of material that (and I hate the phrase) makes it look like I have a camel toe.  I even took them into an independent tailors and they agreed that there was something strange about the look.

Does anybody know my rights here please? I've half gone off the suit now due to this incident. I realise Reiss have a no refund policy but is there any trick I could use? I suppose the best outcome is to hope that they either let me swap it for a different suit or I end up lumbered with a £535 credit note.

Thanks for reading (if you do...)

Welcome to CAG - I have moved your thread to a more suitable section of the site - you do not need do anything, it is purely administrative.

I will try and find someone who can help.. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks. I've just booked a halfday off work so I can take it back to the original store this PM. My head is spinning which sounds dramatic but £500 is a lot of money and I had saved and saved for what was meant to be something I loved. Now I hate it.

Righto, I will mark the S.O.S urgent if you are requiring some advice before going to the store later on today..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here you go.. hope this helps :)

[quote=rebel11;The following applies:-

If he can get an independent report on the quality of the alteration that would be good.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982

But if payment was made by Credit Card then Section 75 applies too.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Seems a bit expensive if its off the peg...hence the alteration....should have had bespoke at that price.

BCOBS