Cabot chasing for a debt over 6 years old.

nuttymummy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm new to this.

I had a letter from Cabot chasing a debt owing to Littlewoods for £420.47.

I wrote to them on the 7th July asking for information as I did not recall this debt. They have finally come back saying it goes back to March 2008. They have not sent me a cca which I requested.

What do I send them now? I am adamant this is not mine. Its worrying me.

Can anyone advise please?:???:

Hi welcome to CAG

If this debt is that old then would be statute barred if no payment has ben made or written acknowledgment in that time can you confirm please.

You may want to send this letter as well from here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-(Updated-21.04.2014)

Also don't fret Cabot are trying it on

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hello

I'm new to this.

I had a letter from Cabot chasing a debt owing to Littlewoods for £420.47.

I wrote to them on the 7th July asking for information as I did not recall this debt. They have finally come back saying it goes back to March 2008. They have not sent me a cca which I requested.

What do I send them now? I am adamant this is not mine. Its worrying me.

Can anyone advise please?:???:

Before jumping to claim the debt is statute barred, we need to know the following information.

Is the debt on your credit reference files?

When was the last payment made to the account?

I trust you did not make an unequivocal admission that you had any liability for this alleged debt.

You say the debt " goes back" to 2008 is this when the account was defaulted?

Did you send the £1 statutory fee required for a CCA Request?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi.

Thank you for replying. When received the original letter from them I replied asking for more information and also asked for a copy of the credit agreement. It is on my credit record stating the default was first registered in December 2008 at an address I have moved out of 2 years before.

Hi.

Thank you for replying. When received the original letter from them I replied asking for more information and also asked for a copy of the credit agreement. It is on my credit record stating the default was first registered in December 2008 at an address I have moved out of 2 years before.

So nearly 6 years after the default!

Do you know when the last payment was made? Have you made any written admission of liability for this debt?

If not the debt is imo statute barred already (although some will argue that the default date starts the 6 year clock).

What day in December '08 was the default placed.

Are you aware of any other DCA having its hands on this debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi.

So did you ever actually have any dealings with Littlewoods? Years ago Cabot tried to claim my wife had an outstanding debt to the company, even though she'd never had an account with them.

A lot of these "catalogue" debts were in the portfolio Cabot acquired from Equidebt when it went under, as their paperwork and record keeping was B awful a large number of old and stat barred debt have crept to the surface.