DPA Breach-Help needed...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody help.... at my wits end with this.

I have been requesting my Subject Access Request from an organisation since last October, despite paying the fee, providing ID and numerous promises to send it to me, I've had nothing.

I've complained to the ICO who have told the organisation they must comply promptly (two months ago...still nothing). The ICO have advised me to take this to the county court to get court order and possibly damages.

I've been to my local County Court yesterday but they do not know what form I need. The ICO will not advise which form, they have a booklet on their site, which they admit is out of date. Even though I've told them I don't need advice on the claim just the bliddy form number, they can't/won't advise.

I'm desperate to avoid going to a solicitor and incurring costs for what should be a relatively simple action.

This is a very simple County Court action to take. Please would you post up the advice from the ICO which tells you to take a legal action. Then we can go from there

Sorry it's upside down.... to give you some background.

Since receiving this correspondence, ICO have told the organisation they must reply 'promptly', they have promised to send the SAR to me on more than one occasion but have done nothing. Last week on the advice of the ICO I sent a 'letter before action', giving them 7 days to contact me prior to applying to the County Coutr for a judgement/damages/distress. This deadline has now passed and I'm trying to progress it further without going to a solicitor.

I'm grateful for any help.