HSBC suspended my account

u3totu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I would like just to ask what to do now. :)

I am from the Czech Republic and was in Bideford, Devon, England last July 2013 and because of my temporary job I opened a basic bank account in HSBC there…

Several days ago, I received a letter (not an e-mail) from the branch that due to inactivity my bank account will have been suspended on 7 August 2014. I haven't had the Internet Banking, I only have had my debit card. I came from my holiday and found the letter in the box on 5 August... Great! :(

I contacted the branch here in the Czech Republic, but they sent me just an information, that they do only business accounts and could not help me.

It is not possible for me to visit England now and it is very expensive to call to the UK. I just wanted to have this bank account for my next trips to the UK, and I said that at the branch in Bideford and the lady told me that it is not a problem, so we opened only the basic account for this reason.

I was confused by the letter they sent me. Is it possible to leave my account suspended (frozen) until I go back to the UK? When I come to England again I would go to the nearest branch of HSBC and I would activate my bank account.

I tried to search the internet, I even contacted HSBC via their contact form, but after I sent it it said "we cannot guarantee a response to all messages". How come?

I hope you know more, thanks a lot!

Aleš

I would sign up for Skype and get some credit and give them a call from your laptop. Get a landline number and it should be reasonable costs. At least you can ask exactly what is happening. I imagine they won't discus anything sensitive by message.