Requisition received for SORN vehicle

Tiny1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

If it rains it pours eh? This site has been valuable to me previously, and after receiving this letter from the DVLA, I'm hoping it can be a God send again.

A long story short; I received a letter from the DVLA stating "Requisition" at the top of the letter, advising me that i am to attend Trafford Magistrates Court next week due to me keeping a vehicle on the public road when it was declared SORN. Now the car WAS kept on the public road for 1 day after me storing the vehicle at my partners house, towing it back it my house in order for it to be scrapped the next day. A company then came down my street at 3.23am and clamped the car; I paid the fine, as well as a sureity fee (which i was promised back and not returned) and then scrapped the car the day after.

So whilst i agree i am guilty for keeping the car on the road, i'm unsure why this now has to be taken to court where i stand a chance of being fined £2.5k? The car was declared SORN in November 2013 and the car was clamped February 2014. The letter received makes reference to this, including documents stating that the difference in the months if it was taxed is £75 (if that makes sense). I have phoned the DVLA who were less than useful and the guy i spoke to, really had no clue what i was talking about, and certainly didn't know what a "requisition" was. I have phoned the court and i was told i would have to fill out the form to confirm i was guilty but include a letter giving mitigating circumstances, but there was no way for this not to go to court, and that I would be fined.

Does anyone have any experience in this area, that can offer any advice at all?

Thank you in advance.

A Requisition is a requirement to attend court, issued by the DVLA instead of a summons being issued by a court.

It wouldn't be a £2500 fine, that is the maximum, it will be based on your income. There may also be costs, victim support charge and the 'missing' £75 duty.