BankFodder BankFodder

jamiecoxy

ppi refund being paid official receiver

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2037 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi guys,

I made a claim for ppi, which has been successful, and

I have been awarded just over £4000.

in the what happens now section it says that

'' my review shows your financial affairs are being managed by a insolvency practioner

or iva supervisor so its being paid to them.

now the loan was taken out in 1999 and paid off in full in 2002.

in 2005 I was declared bankrupt and since then I have not been in a iva or in any insolvency arrangement,

I rang Halifax, who the complaint is with and told them and they are looking into it,

although the cheque is being made out to the official receiver.

it just doesent seem right that money im getting now this long after my bankruptcy should be going back to them

especially as the debt was repaid years before my bankruptcy order was made??

hi guys,

I made a claim for ppi, which has been successful, and

I have been awarded just over £4000.

in the what happens now section it says that

'' my review shows your financial affairs are being managed by a insolvency practioner

or iva supervisor so its being paid to them.

now the loan was taken out in 1999 and paid off in full in 2002.

in 2005 I was declared bankrupt and since then I have not been in a iva or in any insolvency arrangement,

I rang Halifax, who the complaint is with and told them and they are looking into it,

although the cheque is being made out to the official receiver.

it just doesent seem right that money im getting now this long after my bankruptcy should be going back to them

especially as the debt was repaid years before my bankruptcy order was made??

If your existing debts were extinguished when the bankruptcy was completed, why shouldn't an asset that existed at the same time (PPI overpayment / wrongful payment) be allowed to survive the bankruptcy?

Just because you only now know about it, why shouldn't it be included?

If it had arisen after you had exited bankruptcy ; fair enough, but it was from before. Thus it should be made available to your creditors.

I agree

This was an asset during the Bankruptcy period so legally they would have to inform the insolvency practitioner/Trustee who will make the decision whether the money is an asset and included in your Bankruptcy.

All you can really do is contact the Insolvency Practitioner/Trustee of your Bankruptcy to confirm whether these fund have been received and classed as an asset.

Ultimately this is in the Insolvency Practitioners/trustee hands as these funds (PPI) that you claimed were during your period of Bankruptcy irrespective that it has only came to light recently and you claimed for the PPI.

1. Exactly when were you declared Bankrupt? Ignore this see its 2005

2. Have you been Discharged from Bankruptcy and when?

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group