• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on every other WF PPI reclaim thru the FSCS they are included

can we see the letter

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes as said its usually taken as a whole within the PPI

never seen the FSCS ignore or single it out before

read ing

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cause they can.

law to their own.

did you p'haps list them sep in the spread.

I'm sure even pre 2005 welcome have coughed

and just inc all the insurances as PPI

dx

and they

I included all insurances in my spreadsheet and even added in my letter that I wanted to reclaim them.

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow about that then.

I also have a question about their compensation calculations - on the second page of each loan calculation in column 'Q' (value of adjustment to this account or subsequent account) - would that be the amount that I was under rebated on PPI at the end of each loan? Have they added that into the figures on the front page or have they short changed me?

I can't really explain it very well because I can't get my head around it.

spreadsheet please we don't know what you should be getting

well I don't ims might

dx

and they

The reason I ask is that my spreadsheet calculations are about £700.00 more than what they

are offering me - £250.00 of that difference is the Medicare but there's still a large gap.

If I add what they have offered me £1779.63 plus the two figures in column Q £121.33 & £342.67

and then add the Medicare of £250.00 that brings the total to around what my spreadsheet tells me, which is about £2500.

Hi, thanks for coming back to me.

The original spreadsheets are on the first page of this

thread. But what I did in the end was add the PPI and

medicare together and sent that spreadsheet to Welcome,

stating that I wanted to reclaim the medicare aswell.

I have attached the spreadsheet that I sent them.

As dx suggested....can you please post up your spreadsheet?

Hi ims

I was wondering if you might have some time to take a look at my calculations... Welcome have given me until this Wednesday to reply to their compensation offer.

Many thanks :-)

In principle the spreadsheet looks ok.

You might want to write back to Welcome and ask them why they feel the medi-care has not been mis-sold and why they have not included it in their offer of redress.

Don't worry about the time limits they try to impose.

The reason I ask is that my spreadsheet calculations are about £700.00 more than what they

are offering me - £250.00 of that difference is the Medicare but there's still a large gap.

If I add what they have offered me £1779.63 plus the two figures in column Q £121.33 & £342.67

and then add the Medicare of £250.00 that brings the total to around what my spreadsheet tells me, which is about £2500.

Do you understand how they work out their calculations... the figure on my spreadsheet is way off what they're offering me and I was wondering if my spreadsheet is wrong or if they've short changed me.

FWIW I make their offer of rebate on the PPI alone for both greater than what it should be.

for instance you've not paid £329.50 toward it in actual payments but only £258

so FWIW I'd accept that.

I'm puzzled by the use of the scheme to reject charges reclaiming

I'm puzzled by the exclusion of medicare

in the past and since the scheme they have always done both

dx

dx

and they

To be honest, I don't understand any of it. I don't know what interest they use either.

Are the figures in column Q on their calculation sheets for the amount I was "under-rebated"? If so, the spreadsheet is about £100 more than what they're offering me.

I'm also very puzzled why they rejected my charges complaint... I've seen another post

on here where WF have paid some of the unfair charges back for dates (around 2008)

that aren't far off the dates of my charges. :???:

I know its strange

there are several PENALTY charges reclaim from before and after that date..weird.

I'm playing with a spread at present.

if you simply use the ppi oly [19.69?PCM] it works out less than welcome are offering.

dx

and they

we've had powercuts all day here due to high winds

I've just notice my copy of the statint sheet is corrupted.

i'll have to start again.

disregard my observations for a mo on the reclaim figure.

dx

and they

I had a go at Welcome to try and get the care and MIF back, but they sent a letter about high court sanctions saying they cannot deal with those items, only PPI.

My thread is at: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?422956-Hillards-v-Welcome-MIF-amp-insurances-re-claim

The letter about what they cannot pay out is at #13: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?422956-Hillards-v-Welcome-MIF-amp-insurances-re-claim&p=4560872&viewfull=1#post4560872 :-(

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi there Hillards

As yes, I've had one of those letters before when I tried reclaiming the charges on my accounts.

They may be insolvent but it doesn't seem right that they get away with not paying for what

they've done to so many of their customers!

I don't trust them at all, which is why I've been trying to get some help to work out their

compensation calculations.

I sent them an email asking why they felt the medicare wasn't mis-sold (they didn't refer

to it in their letter). I should expect another letter about "the scheme" then! :x

Yep, the response I thought I'd get!!! :roll:

We won't pay you because we're covered by "the scheme".

dx - you say above that you've come across people that they've paid... are there any posts on CAG that say Welcome have repaid the medicare and charges after the scheme start date of 2 March 2011? I've been looking but haven't found much.

Many thanks