• Tweets

• I don't think they even deserve a reply...    We do have a solid case don't we?? Even though mum corgot the pop that time??
    • To start, my address both on my logbook and with the DVLA are correct.  The first I knew of the bus lane fine was when a woman on another floor in my building posted a photo of a letter addressed to me but with her address on it, on the building's facebook group. I obviously recognised my name so contacted her. She said she'd been receiving these letters for me for months but only asked in the group if anyone knew me when the bailiffs were at her door.  I contacted the debt collection agency and Manchester Council and was told to appeal. So I did and explained what happened said I was more than willing to pay the original fine but its now at over £400 and I would have paid straight away if the letters had gone to the correct address. Months have passed and I have just been told (with no reason) that my appeal was unsuccessful and I need to pay the full amount.  Any help would be appreciated! It just seems so unfair!
    • Exactly right Bank!  I had an email this morning from HM Courts and Tribunals Service Civil Money Claims: Dear Mr xxxx Claim number: 527MCxxx Parcel2Go.com has been given an extra 14 days to respond to your claim. They need to respond to your claim before 4pm on 4 June 2024.  Anyone would think you've been through this before!
    • OK, understood. The second decision to make, given PE are wobbling, would be whether to reply to them (well after 8 May to show you're not scared of them), ridicule their offer which is no offer at all, and ask them to make a serious attempt to settle.  You never know, they might offer a few quid as an out-of.court settlement and it might save your mum having to do court. Just an idea.  Something to consider.
    • If we are sure we have a valid case, she's ready to go to court. Her sister is going with to help with her hearing difficulties,  so we might as well see it through!!  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CO-OP Visa Credit Card PPI help please

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On checking a previous payment protection payout, I noticed that I was only paid accrued amount plus interest to date when account was passed to debt management agency and not to date.

They also did not include 8% interest on any notional credit balances or credit card charges. Should this have also been included ?

My question is, with the recent announcement regarding underpayments by banks in which I believe has happened can I still go back to the CO-OP requesting the shortfall ?

yes you can

they should be paying card interest not 8%!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes you can

they should be paying card interest not 8%!!

dx

Thanks dx for your reply.

They did pay card interest but not to date (only up to 2005). They also did not include 8% simple.

Should they have included period after 2005 or are they correct as account passed to debt management company and interest frozen ?

Sorry for the questions but just want some clarity on the matter.

from the point their int stopped

you should get 8% from that date on top till the day they settle

and YES if charges are in the mix

they need looking at

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

from the point their int stopped

you should get 8% from that date on top till the day they settle

and YES if charges are in the mix

they need looking at

dx

Many thanks again dx.

So calculate ppi plus interest using compound spreadsheet up to 2005 and then apply 8% interest to total ?

i.e. Total CCPPI accrued to 23 July 2005 £984.19

Plus C/Card interest 26.70% £262.80

Total £1,246.99

Plus 8% notional interest £ 99.76

New Total £1,346.75

or would it be 8% for each year from 2005 to date ?

Also why do they state 8% notional interest and not simple ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

it should be 8% per annum simple interest. That means interest is added annually rather than at say, 0.75% per month and compounded monthly, which makes the notional rate 8%pa but the APR would be 8.566%.

9 years interest at 8%pa simple, added anually comes to a total of £1245.75 and thus they owe you a grand total of £2492.74

No wonder they are trying to kid you into accepting 8% added to the total and even the use of the wording of notional interest shows that they know they are in the wrong.

it should be 8% per annum simple interest. That means interest is added annually rather than at say, 0.75% per month and compounded monthly, which makes the notional rate 8%pa but the APR would be 8.566%.

9 years interest at 8%pa simple, added anually comes to a total of £1245.75 and thus they owe you a grand total of £2492.74

No wonder they are trying to kid you into accepting 8% added to the total and even the use of the wording of notional interest shows that they know they are in the wrong.

Many thanks ericsbrother for your helpful comments.

Is there a particular worded template that I can send using the above mentioned figures ?

how the rebate should be calc'd is on the FOS site

dx

and they

Right I now have new figures as follows due to the bank missing some statements that I had sent them.

New CCPPI accrued to 23 July 2005 is now £1,149.67

Plus C/Card interest 26.70 % £306.96

Total £1,456.63

So can someone kindly confirm what the amount would be using the figures above, for 9 years 8% Simple interest added annually in order that I can calculate the grand total ?

I do have a figure but doesn't seem correct.

Thanks for any assistance.

You need to consider that this account was not paid off...it was passed (sold?) to another company.

What you should expect back in this situation is as follows:-

1 The PPI premiums charged to the account.

2 Any contractual interest charged to the account.

3 The account should be reconstructed with the above removed. If for any month the reconstruction shows that the account would have been in credit, you get 8% simple on that credit balance for that month.

4 Any charges which were applied to the account which you can show were triggered purely as a result of the PPI together with contractual interest on those as well.

If the account was not paid off and was sold on then there is no further 8% interest payable on this.

You need to consider that this account was not paid off...it was passed (sold?) to another company.

What you should expect back in this situation is as follows:-

1 The PPI premiums charged to the account.

2 Any contractual interest charged to the account.

3 The account should be reconstructed with the above removed. If for any month the reconstruction shows that the account would have been in credit, you get 8% simple on that credit balance for that month.

4 Any charges which were applied to the account which you can show were triggered purely as a result of the PPI together with contractual interest on those as well.

If the account was not paid off and was sold on then there is no further 8% interest payable on this.

Cheers ims so original figures were correct then but the latter incorrect ? No additional 8% simple per annum from July, 2005 ?

I've just got to add new PPI charge additional amount of £165.48 plus 26.70% £44.18 = £209.66 plus applicable charges ?

Thanks

And ask them for a full and detailed breakdown of their offer....the full calculations.

That way you can check against your records to ensure that they are not pulling the wool over your eyes.

You may need to do some work to find any charges that were triggered solely by the PPI though but it can be done.

And ask them for a full and detailed breakdown of their offer....the full calculations.

That way you can check against your records to ensure that they are not pulling the wool over your eyes.

You may need to do some work to find any charges that were triggered solely by the PPI though but it can be done.

Thanks again ims21 and will do.

Regarding charges I see that they add protection amount last.

Thanks again ims21 and will do.

Regarding charges I see that they add protection amount last.

Yes that is because the PPI covers the balance on the account which is calculated after any charges have been applied.

So you need to go to the point in the life of the account when charges started to try an work out which charges were applied as a result of previous PPI.

It does take some work but the lender should be truthful and ensure that this is taken into account in their offer. Of course we know that they are not truthful so it is always down to the claimant to check things.

Yes that is because the PPI covers the balance on the account which is calculated after any charges have been applied.

So you need to go to the point in the life of the account when charges started to try an work out which charges were applied as a result of previous PPI.

It does take some work but the lender should be truthful and ensure that this is taken into account in their offer. Of course we know that they are not truthful so it is always down to the claimant to check things.

Well that does make sense and see what you mean.

I have a list anyway so I will just check those applicable months.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Just an up-date regarding my further complaint and advice to anyone that think they have previously been underpaid.

Today I received a further offer and would appreciate if someone could kindly review

the attached calculations especially the tax deduction figures, before I accept.

Just to recap,

in August 2012 I accepted an offer of £1,246.99 (£984.19 plus 26.70% interest being £262.80)

but no 8% simple or less any tax deductions as prior 1st October, 2013

HMRC basic rate application.

after further review and the recent publicity,

I located some extra statements and submitted a further complaint asking for redress to be looked at including charges.

As previously stated they have now responded with an additional offer of £1,753.83

including £95 charges but on looking at their calculations,

I am a bit confused how they have addressed the tax deductions.

Thanks for looking and any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry having trouble attaching figures will post up asap.

attach a pdf from the go advanced button bottom right

then manage attachment.

dx

and they

apologies but for some reason cannot attach details so will have to type up figures.

Total CCPPI accrued from 20/3/98 to 30/8/05 £1,394.78

Credit card interest accrued on above period £ 483.19

8% interest on any notional credit balances £ 50.48

Post closure balance liable for 8% £1,877.97

Post closure interest at 8% simple from 30/8/5 to 9/9/12 £1,055.88

Total redress due £2,984.33

Total untaxed 8% interest payment £1,106.36

Less tax calculated £221.27

Net total 8% £885.09

Net redress payable £2,763.06

Total redress before taxation - original calculation £1,246.99

total redress before taxation - revised calculation £2,984.33

redress difference now due £1,737.34

plus 8% simple interest to today's date £ 297.20

Additional redress now due before tax £2,034.54

Untaxed interest included in calculations above £1,106.36

Untaxed 8% simple to todays date from above £ 297.20

Total Untaxed interest £1,403.56

Tax deductible at current rate £280.71

Additional redress now due after tax £1,753.83

Refund of charges included in total offer £95.00

Thanks

have you got the name of the bank in the PDF title?

if so remove it

whats the name of the .PDF file you are trying to upload

and how is it failing?

dx

and they

have you got the name of the bank in the PDF title?

if so remove it

whats the name of the .PDF file you are trying to upload

and how is it failing?

dx

Sorry dx,

its visa further redress.

When I select manage attachments, my pop up screen is blank ????

sounds like you need to flush/reset internet explorer.

and they