• Tweets

• Thanks London  if I’ve read correctly the questionaire wants me to post his actual name on a public forum… is that correct.  I’ve only had a quick read so far
    • Plenty of success stories, also bear in mind not everyone updates the forum.  Overdale's want you to roll over and pay, without using your enshrined legal right to defend. make you wet yourself in fear that a solicitor will Take you to court, so you will pay up without question. Most people do just that,  but you are lucky that you have found this place and can help you put together a good defence. You should get reading on some other Capital One and Overdale's cases on the forum to get an idea of how it works.  
    • In both versions the three references to "your clients" near the end need to be changed to "you" or "your" as Alliance are not using solicitors, they have sent the LoC themselves. Personally I'd change "Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept" to "Dear Kev".  It would show you'd done your homework, looked up the company, and seen it's a pathetic one-man band rather than having any departments.  The PPCs love to pretend they have some official power and so you should be scared of them - showing you've sussed their sordid games and you're confident about fighting them undermines all this.  In fact that's the whole point of a snotty letter - to show you'd be big trouble for them if they did do court so better to drop you like a hot potato and go and pursue mugs who just give in instead. In the very, very, very, very unlikely case of Kev doing court, it'd be better that he didn't know in advance all the legal arguments you'd be using, so I'd heavily reduce the number of cards being played.
    • Thanx Londoneill get on to it this evening having a read around these forums I can’t seem to find many success stories using your methods. So how successful are these methods or am I just buying time for him  and a ccj will be inevitable in the end. Thanks another question is, will he have to appear at court..? I am not sure he has got it in him
    • Here's a suggested modified version for consideration by the team. (Not sure whether it still gives too much away?)   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you added. Shall we raise the related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding parking periods. Especially with no consideration of section 13 in your own trade association's code of practice and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked, unmanaged over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the above issues and more, with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture a couple of useless ANPR photos. If you insist on continuing this stupid, money grabbing quest, after having all of the above pointed out, we will of course show this letter to the Judge and request “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Signed, "Spot". (Vehicle Keeper's pet Dalmation).
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

sacha911vHSBC ***won***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm trying to find information about what I can claim from HSBC. I have received 6 years of bank statements but I'm not sure what charges are penalties and what are Overdraft charges, (the statements don't say either).

Do I claim the lot?? And what about the interest for the OD?

Does any one have any experience of this?

Thanks

:confused:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sacha, welcome to the family.

Spend a couple of days reading the FAQs and the step-by-step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your questions.

Next, open your own thread in the HBSC forum and post any questions and progress reports there.

Click on this link for the HBSC FORUM...

Good luck with your claim.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Sacha,

If you had looked at your first post, just below this one, you would have seen that I HAVE ANSWERED that.

Please stick to one thread or else your postings will become disjointed and impossible to follow if advice is needed.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

hi,

Just received bank statements last week.

The problem is the statements don't tell what the charges are for!

For example one month I had interest charges of £6.85 as well as a listing for "Total charges" of £100. I have no way of knowing if those "total charges" include penalties, can I still claim them?

Other months I have charges listed as "Recall s/o-d/d". Is it safest to only claim for these?

S

Claim for every charge!!

"Total charges" are EXTRA charges on top of those for recalled standing orders and direct debits etc...

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

I'm preparing a Prelim letter and currently filling out the spreadsheet provided by Vampiress but I'm a little confused about the interest to claim. Do I understand correctly that I should include contractual interest right from the very beginning with my Prelim letter?

What rate do I claim is it 8% or is that the statutory rate?

I'm preparing a Prelim letter and currently filling out the spreadsheet provided by Vampiress but I'm a little confused about the interest to claim. Do I understand correctly that I should include contractual interest right from the very beginning with my Prelim letter?

What rate do I claim is it 8% or is that the statutory rate?

From what I have gathered from the site, contractual interest is hard to claim... and the 8% interest can only be charged when taking it to court - NOT before.

Thanks to Cadencealex,

With regard to claiming interest on Overdrafts

From what I've read it's going to be very difficult to work out how much of the interest applied to my account each month was as a result of penalites. (as I have no way of knowing what my agreed Over draft was at the time.) I have therefore decided to kept it simple and go for just the provable penalities.

Does anyone disagreed with this?

Good Luck!

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

Yep good luck with your claim

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Story so far.

Received 6 months bank statements 18 october 2006, (they sent back my cheque for £10 saying "we are happy to cover the fees for the production of this information" - I'm so greatful !!!!)

Filled out the spreadsheet provided by CAG (very helpful thank you). I have calculated a total of £1994.50

I have not claimed for OD interest because it was too difficult to calculate and was a small fraction of the charges.

Just finished my Preliminary approach for repayment letter and will post recorded delivery tommorrow.

They have 14 days to respond.

Also requested statements from First Direct.

Wish me luck

s911

• 2 weeks later...

well, at the top of the hsbc forum is a sticky with a list of contact addresses. You can send stuff to your manager, but if you send it to the customer relations address it will be seen quicker (as the letter all end up in the same office anyway.... :D)

• 3 weeks later...

Its getting exciting now.

I've just submitted my MCOL!

Still not heard a peep from HSBC.

I'm a little confused about when and how I send a schedule, (I have already sent this with the Prelim letter and LBA), do I need to forward another paper copy now or wait to see if they defend?

Hi Sacha,

Once you submit your MCOL it will be prudent to send a paper copy direct to the court (probably Northampton) with a brief covering letter along these lines:-

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act.

The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to a total amount of my claim, namely £ (your claim amount)

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Once you receive the copy of your claim from the court, you wll 'officially' know that probably it's being handled by DG solicitors (HSBC's 'in house' legal team, you should then also send a paper copy of the same schedule direct to them, this time you can simply say "please find enc schedule"

remember to include the court reference (case No) and send both recorded delivery so you have proof.

Sorry for the bold text, it won't switch off !!

Steve.

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

if i could just add a thought or two:

"amount of my claim, namely £xxxx.xx plus xxx. court cost. "

also, as you have just filed - you will shortly see on the mcol site - served. then shortly after that acknowledged.

the date you filed - add 5 days and that is the date it is deemed to have been served by the court. then add 14 days to that - they have until that date to acknowledge - usually they do that quite quickly and tick the box intend to defend fully these charges - this buys them another 14 days. you will receive from the court shortly - a notice of service, if(when) they acknowledge, you will receive a notice of acknowledgment. on the second page where they say they intend to defend, there will be a name and address for dg solicitors - send that person a copy of your breakdown (recorded again). the way things are running at the moment - you may not hear from dg until the 4th week of your claim - although, who knows how they decide - it could be much quicker.

it isn't uncommon to receive an offer just after you file your claim - but that would be from the bank and only about 80% of your claim before you went to court (no 8% interest and no court fee). all this is just standard procedure - they are always hoping you will give in at some early point - especially as it would mean a bit of dosh before xmas - but if you hold out and stick to your guns - you will get the whole banana - it won't be before xmas - but it will be nice whenever you get it, right?

keep posting and let us know if you hear anything - happy waiting.

Hi

I havent worked out how to link that are of interest to me yet and the only way I know how is to post a reply!

I will be at MCOL stage this week and the info you have been given is Im sure what I need!!

Good luck with your claim!

Fatboy xx

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

Just another thought - I wish the bank had thought I might 'give in' - NOT that I would though, I say this because:-

I haven't had one single response or reply to anything to date, I have sent my prelim, LBA and submitted my MCOL all recorded etc, and know by track and trace that all have been received, the MCOL was acknowledged the very next day, my 28 day deadline is at 4pm this Wed and I still havent heard diddly squat

Let justice begin - sweetness comes to those who are patient - but THIS has driven me mental :mad:

My point is that there is absolutely NO pattern, logic or even common good mannners from banks or their so called solicitors in my opinion

Steve !!

Good luck Sacha..... (Steve - 140.... ;) )

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

I'm watching you (251 ;) ;) )