Debt too Old - Or is It?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I lost my job in the Middle East in 1997 and when I returned to England ended up owing the British Bank of the Middle East £6,000 on two credit cards. The debt was largely run up by one of my then colleagues who, when I was chased in 2001 by a debt collection agency in the USA, started paying the agency £30 a month. This was always by cheque sent to the USA. He did this for about six months and then fell [again] on hard times and couldn't pay any more. To my surprise the collection agency appeared to forget about it. UNTIL THIS WEEK! Now I've received a demand from a UK debt collection agency, for £17,000!

Can this be right?

Alex

Hi Alex, welcome to the family.

I think that your best bet would be to re-post this in the Debt and Bailiffs forum.

There are a lot of users there who are well-informed regarding Debt Collection Agencies, and will probably be able to give you the best advice.

Click on this link for DEBT AND BAILIFFS FORUM....

Good luck.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....