HBOS OD sold to 1st Cedit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just after some opinion

I had a HBOS current account that has been with Wescot and has now been sold to 1st Credit

Arranged payments were being made on it until about Jan 2012

In my many correspondence with Wescot , amongst other things they claim that there was never an OD facility on this account but when you consider that for most of it's life there were periodic debit balances of over £100 and no charges that is easily shown to be a lie.

Anyway it was sold to 1st Credit so I wrote asking for the statements etc that they should have been sending me. They have come back with statements from opening until Sept 2011 . The odd thing is the final statement says 25th August 11 balance -716.10

12th Sept closing balance £00 but nothing to show where that money went

The summary sheet also shows closing balance 00 and £444 of fees paid

Since that date a further 6 monthly payments of £1 have been made which reflects in the balance

The account number in question is definitely a current account with cheque book etc but the final pages refer to it as being a cardcash account. Now I did also have one of those but a different number.

Has anyone any thoughts

In summary they are chasing me for £710.10 but the statements show a balance of £0.

The statements refer to it as a current account but the sheets relating to charges etc refer to it as a cardcash

It seems to me that they have no idea what is what

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Zero balance is there from when the account was written off by the bank and sold, credit files should show Zero balance and "satisfied".

"Card Cash" was a basic current account I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Brig

Maybe I didn't make myself clear

The account was not assigned to 1st Credit until 2014 however the zero balance shows from 2011.

Yes cardcash is a basic account and I did have one but I also had a full current account.

The statements they have sent are for the current account however the other details , although showing the current account number refer to it as a card cash.

If they are trying to use this as proof of liability it seems a little odd.

When it was with wescot they kept claiming that the account had never had an overdraft and that would have been true of the cardcash account that had a different number .

Do you see what I mean, it is all mixed up

Brig

Maybe I didn't make myself clear

The account was not assigned to 1st Credit until 2014 however the zero balance shows from 2011.

Yes cardcash is a basic account and I did have one but I also had a full current account.

The statements they have sent are for the current account however the other details , although showing the current account number refer to it as a card cash.

If they are trying to use this as proof of liability it seems a little odd.

When it was with wescot they kept claiming that the account had never had an overdraft and that would have been true of the cardcash account that had a different number .

Do you see what I mean, it is all mixed up

I wonder if both accounts were sold in the same portfolio but listed with the wrong account numbers.

Have done a SAR?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Seems unlikely as the card cash had a zero balance. To be honest I do not think they have a clue. Wondering if a letter might be in order. Maybe I will wait for them to contact me again

• 2 weeks later...

I have written a cheeky little letter thanking them for the statement which a) has terms from a cardcash account and the quoted account was not a cardcash and more importantly that it shows a zero balance as of sept 2011 so please confirm that this is correct and remove the entry on my credit file.

What's the worst they can do?

I have written a cheeky little letter thanking them for the statement which a) has terms from a cardcash account and the quoted account was not a cardcash and more importantly that it shows a zero balance as of sept 2011 so please confirm that this is correct and remove the entry on my credit file.

What's the worst they can do?

Throw their toys out of the pram and have a hissy fit!!

Oh you know me Brig I love a good queeny strop. I have a paperwork trail a mile long showing hbos dont know their arse from their elbow

following as interested.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

I want to send a SAR to Halifax but do not need it to include any data from my mortgage or an old UE BOS Mastercard.

I have had two addresses during this time ( I think , possibly a 3rd)

Do I need to list the addresses and would you suggest I just ask for everything and sort it out when it arrives. The BOS mastercard was fromabout 17 years ago so they may not have anything anyway.

Sorry to sound clueless , never sent a SAR before.

Sorry to sound clueless , never sent a SAR before.

I'm stunned :jaw:

You can tailor a SAR request to anything you wish so yes it is easy to get stuff excluded.

In the SAR I would give them all of the addresses where you were resident while the account was live.

They don't have to keep data on an account for more than 5 years after an account has ended so you may find that this is a sticking point.

I know its hard to believe but even I don't know everything :lol:

Thanks for that. At the moment I can not decide if I am just wasting a tenner at the mo.