Window Medic - have I been scammed???

Creole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a quote from a Kent company to have my smashed double glazed window replaced, and I am still waiting for the work to be done.

I paid a deposit of £50 by cheque - I'm I likely to get my money back.

Who do I contact? - I have called the company on numerous times, but no reply, I even emailed them.

Have I been scammed? They seemed very professional, I got a receipt on a very professional paper.

The company is www.windowmedickent.co.uk

All they have is a free phone number, which I thought was a reputable company.

Can anyone advice where I go from here?

Thanks in advance

This seems to be a franchise which means that they are all over the country. Small businesses - maybe just one or two guys get the benefit of the franchise's website and marketing, letterheads etc - but probably there is very little control over quality.Might be best to find their head office and to start complaining there.

Phone a few of them around the country and see if you can find out where the franchisor is based.

Strangely, I got through to them a few minutes after posting (I have been waiting for over a month). Appointment booked for Friday...adopting a wait and see approach!

Thanks