• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Scarletrose V NatWest *** WON ***

Guest Scarletrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Scarletrose

thanx for reply muggins,

i sent rejection letter yesterday recorded delivery, i guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

feels like ive been doing this for ages not just 3 months sigh

anyway, dogs looking at me longingly do hi ho hi ho off to the beach i go catch yas later

hugs scarlet

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too....it's a bit like watching paint dry, aint it?!!!!;)

Shouldn't be long now.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Been watching both your threads and it seems we are all at the same waiting stage! My AQ deadline was 24/12/06 and i haven't heard a bean since receiving cobbets just b4 xmas with a partial offer (Which i rejected!)

they need to get their fingers out and get writing those cheques!!!!

WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON

( Get the picture!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Scarletrose

i agree emma

would be nice to get a cheque soon, wot are they playing at, i cant disguise my anxiety, i'm worried mine is gonna be the one to go wrong

hugs scarlet

You wont believe it! I have just got home to a court hearing date to address the issues of 1) appropriate disclosure and 2) the defendants part 18 request raised in the allocation questionaire........... with a date for next Tuesday!!!! Hope this is normal or it will be me that is first to the block!

WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON WON

( Get the picture!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The paranoia starts to gnaw away. It will be fine, there is a system of batch processing going on, and final delay is exasperating, but makes the final settlement even sweeter.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

i agree emma

would be nice to get a cheque soon, wot are they playing at, i cant disguise my anxiety, i'm worried mine is gonna be the one to go wrong

hugs scarlet

Not if I balls it up before you!!!

You wont believe it! I have just got home to a court hearing date to address the issues of 1) appropriate disclosure and 2) the defendants part 18 request raised in the allocation questionaire........... with a date for next Tuesday!!!! Hope this is normal or it will be me that is first to the block!

Gosh, that's quick..I am now officially pooping meself:o

The paranoia starts to gnaw away. It will be fine, there is a system of batch processing going on, and final delay is exasperating, but makes the final settlement even sweeter.

I hope you are right for all our sakes. It's not paranoia, it's more like pure unadulterated fear!!!!!!:p

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Guest Scarletrose

H all

i havent heard anything since my part offer from cobbets on 10th january which as you know by reading this thread i turned down.

i am wondering as time ticks bye is this normal to have such a gap without hearing anything at this stage i was under the impression once a court date was set (mines the 11th april at 14:00) that you got your money???

just curious if my claim is on the right road.

hugs scarlet

H all

i havent heard anything since my part offer from cobbets on 10th january which as you know by reading this thread i turned down.

i am wondering as time ticks bye is this normal to have such a gap without hearing anything at this stage i was under the impression once a court date was set (mines the 11th april at 14:00) that you got your money???

just curious if my claim is on the right road.

hugs scarlet

Everything is fine Scarlet, just takes time. They will come back with a full settlement. :D

Guest Scarletrose

Thanx lively getting fidgety, plus want to get rid of over draft as they are piling more and more charges on top,

thanx again for your support

xx scarlet

Thanx lively getting fidgety, plus want to get rid of over draft as they are piling more and more charges on top,

thanx again for your support

xx scarlet

#

It will be fine :D

You can claim the further charges again, when they do offer to settle you can also give them a chance to add the further charges to the settlement. State that if they dont add the further charges you will bring further action against them.

Hi scarletrose,

right back at ya. I haven't received my court date yet and it's enough already SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

livelylad,

Is it as easy as you say? Do they actual crumble at the first mention of a second claim without any quibble or fuss?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi scarletrose,

right back at ya. I haven't received my court date yet and it's enough already SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

livelylad,

Is it as easy as you say? Do they actual crumble at the first mention of a second claim without any quibble or fuss?

No what I said was that if you have had further charges since you filed the claim with the court you can ask the bank to include them in your settlement. They may well refuse, also further claims are more likely to bring about the bank closing your account.

No what I said was that if you have had further charges since you filed the claim with the court you can ask the bank to include them in your settlement. They may well refuse, also further claims are more likely to bring about the bank closing your account.

I was only jesting livelylad:)

I have opened new accounts and i am more than prepared for that sort of behaviour from Natwest. But thanks anyway.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Guest Scarletrose

i am a bit confused i know i know again lol

but reading thru some threads i have noticed a couple of people mention prelimenary hearing.

my court letter just states:

judge whoever has considered the statements of the case and allocation questionaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

the hearing of the claim will take place on the 11th april 20007 at penzance conty court and should take no longer than 15 minutes.

the court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing. ( i'm assuming this means the Court Bundle)

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

date 12th january 2007.

Take notice that this small claim hearing is block listed at 2.00pm with other small claim hearings.

is this right how come there is no prelim hearing or am i being thick is this the prelim hearing??? or should i have received another date as well informing me of a prelim hearing???

hugs scarlet.

the hearing of the claim will take place on the 11th april 20007 at penzance conty court and should take no longer than 15 minutes.

My, my Scarlet, that is a long way off, are you sure you can wait that long.......lol

I'm pretty sure you'll get an offer well in advance of this hearing, even if the date is this year as appose to 20007, it's quite normal for the courts to bulk these hearings together as they know full well that the bank has no intention of turning up and therefore don't feel the need to fill up their diary with individual hearings.

You're nearly there Scarlet ;)

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Guest Scarletrose

hi guys thanks for replies, lol deller typing gremlins wot can i say,

thanx for yours to dr sand and you andybird hopefully not to much longer to wait fingers crossed

hugs scarlet

Guest Scarletrose

hi guys thanks for replies, lol deller typing gremlins wot can i say,

thanx for yours to dr sand and you andybird hopefully not to much longer to wait fingers crossed

hugs scarlet

Hi scarletrose, just thought i'd update you on my case, i received a letter from the court today saying that my case has been stayed until the 18th March as there is a trial case going to court and they are waiting for the outcome, TYPICAL!!!! everyone else seems to be getting court dates

Guest Scarletrose

sorry to hear that aed, never mind hun i havent heard of anyone else with a crt date as far away as mine, maybe you will still get yours before my court date even arrives lol

hi scarlet,

Sorry I haven't responded to your thread sooner. The kids and I have been really poorly (and still are). Not getting much sleep, I don't want to go giving the wrong advice out:p

Bummer about the court date being soooo far away, but as deller has pointed out, hopefully you'll get a n offer of settlement a lot sooner. Start watching that paint dry all over again:rolleyes:

As regards to the following:-

'each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing. ( i'm assuming this means the Court Bundle)' you'd be absolutely correct. Just make sure you get it in on time, that is, if Natwest haven't paid up by then.

Anyways, hang on in there, it'll all come good in the end:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Nothing yet, lovey...bummer ain't it!!!!

You'll be joining the waiting game train along with me and several others it seems. Fingers crossed lady luck will shine on us next week:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA