• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Scarletrose V NatWest *** WON ***

Guest Scarletrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Scarletrose

okay, i have found cpr responce will hopefullty get this typed up tomorrow, as i am really flued up coughing spluttering etc....

as for the AQ i am unsure as to the last bit as to wot to put in in section G other infomation?? my claim is under £5,k so i'm not sure wot to write. any ideas??

hugs scarlet

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scarletrose
okay postie brought me letter of defence plus cpr18 today, as typical of NatWest,

however i am now really worried!!!!!!!!!!

firstly on the second page of defence it states that i must identify each charge,

a) the date it was debited

b) the amount of the same

c) the description applied to the charge

okay i now think 'C' is a problem, on my schedule of charges of which was a template sent to me via a stupid relation, just says " charges as notified " which i assumed meant " with refernce to prelim letter, as notified in prelim letter saying these are charges in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits "

i never itemised each charge with a description does this matter?????
NatWest should know the reason for the charge surely.

secondly the defence is six pages long is this norm????

thirdly " requsest for further infomation and clarification" No.1 this request is served pursuant to CPR 18 rule 27.2 (3) is this normal???

Forthly i am requested to provide responnce by 28th december 2006, if i cant i have to notify defendants solicitors and tell them when i can respond, What do i do with regards to this???

THE REQUEST

No. 1 in your claim you state the return of £2523.00 taken by the defendant in the las 6 years the actual amount at present including mcol fee and 8% interest is £3072.97 does this matter they are quoting a smaller amount?????

fifthly the request is 3 pages long is this right.

lastly wot do i do now????

so guys sorry for being boring but i'm so worried now, any advice or comments would be hugely appreciated, especially to the part where i didnt describe the charge in my schedule, please bear in mind that was sent before i had even heard of cag, so please dont judge me too harshly.

apologies scarlet

xxxxx:p :confused::eek::rolleyes::(

okay guys with relation to question C i am about to revise spreadsheet, but realise this will change the 8% interest as well, would it be okay do you think to type the charges out on microsoft word this way the interest and days since charge will remain the same as i will be typing them in manually??????

Hi Scarlet,

With reagards CPR part 18 send the letter below obvioulsy amend to suit your defence and persoanl details.

Is your spread sheet and figures correct if s ojust send a copy to them again - if it is wrong then come back and we can help more.

I acknowledge the receipt of the defence posted on behalf of National Westminster Bank.

I am not prepared, at this stage, to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative.

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court. I obtained all of the information pursuant to this claim (vis the charges, account numbers etc) from your client, National Westminster Bank plc. I am therefore somewhat surprised that you have not been sent this information by them directly to enable you to defend this claim efficiently.

With regard to Defence section 2. “No admissions are made as to what charges have been debited to the Claimant’s bank account.”

This is blatantly untrue I have provided your client with all details regarding charge dates, amounts and detail, which incidentally were initially provided to me by your client, this information was sent to Nat West Customer Services at 740 Waterside Drive, Aztec West, Bristol on 26th June and again on 12th July. However I will take this opportunity to provide you with an updated schedule of unlawful charges made by your client including, please find enclosed the aforementioned schedule. The account number as detailed on the particulars of claim is xxxxxxxx and the sort code is xxxxxxxx

Yours faithfully

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

okay, i have found cpr responce will hopefullty get this typed up tomorrow, as i am really flued up coughing spluttering etc....

as for the AQ i am unsure as to the last bit as to wot to put in in section G other infomation?? my claim is under £5,k so i'm not sure wot to write. any ideas??

hugs scarlet

Hi Scarlet have you managed to sort out your AQ section G yet??

If not then this is what you require!!

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Guest Scarletrose

thanx Kate lively gizmo and deller you are all stars,

gizmo i have already sent reply to cpr 19 letter, isent it yesterday and it is the first one as posted by martin 3030, on the cpr18 sticky, i have sent revised schedule of charges with it as in my other schedules i had just listed each charge with " charges as notified " so i spent yersterday morning typing in each charge in detail, and sent copy of this to cobbets along with the responce to cpr18 letter by martin 3030???? is this rigt gizmo??????????

deller thanx for that info i will include it om my aq, hugs scarlet

thanx so much guys for your continued support

hugs xxxxx scarlet

Guest Scarletrose

Hi guys Happy new year 2007!!!! to you all

Firstly i sent reply to CPR18 request on 23rd December 2006 to Cobbetts I used Martin 3030's template the first one he posted on the cpr18 thread is that right fingers croseed it is??????

secondly i have just filled in Aq which i will sent to Penzance county court, i have handwriteen section G with Dellers template above. is that right????

Thirdly who do i make cheque payable to is it my local court ie: penzance county court????

fourthly do i send schedule of charges with it my AQ that is????

fifthly in the cpr18 rejection letter is states that i will bring this intimadation to the attention of the courts how do i do this???

any help would be greatly appreciated

hugs scarlet:confused:

Hi guys Happy new year 2007!!!! to you all

Firstly i sent reply to CPR18 request on 23rd December 2006 to Cobbetts I used Martin 3030's template the first one he posted on the cpr18 thread is that right fingers croseed it is??????

Correct

secondly i have just filled in Aq which i will sent to Penzance county court, i have handwriteen section G with Dellers template above. is that right????

Correct

Thirdly who do i make cheque payable to is it my local court ie: penzance county court????

Or HMCS

fourthly do i send schedule of charges with it my AQ that is????

Yes and to Cobbetts

fifthly in the cpr18 rejection letter is states that i will bring this intimadation to the attention of the courts how do i do this???

No need to worry until hearing date

any help would be greatly appreciated

Your doing great Scarlet x

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scarletrose

Hello Guys,

I posted my AQ back to the court recorded delivery on the 4th january, the deadline was the 6th of january. i also sent a copy of it to cobbetts.

Yesterday 8th january i received a copy of cobbetts AQ here is where i start to Panic!!!!!!

it says in the section G other infomation

" Case management directions cannot be proposed until the claimant serves a reply to the request for further information which was due on 28th december 2006. in light of this, the defendant may amend its defence or apply to strike out.

what are they talking about???

i wrote back to the Cpr18 request with Martin 3030 template, the first one he posted.

and i have supplied schedule of charges with each correspondance.

i'm really worried now.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs scarlet:confused: :eek::confused:

Hello Guys,

I posted my AQ back to the court recorded delivery on the 4th january, the deadline was the 6th of january. i also sent a copy of it to cobbetts.

Yesterday 8th january i received a copy of cobbetts AQ here is where i start to Panic!!!!!!

it says in the section G other infomation

" Case management directions cannot be proposed until the claimant serves a reply to the request for further information which was due on 28th december 2006. in light of this, the defendant may amend its defence or apply to strike out.

what are they talking about???

i wrote back to the Cpr18 request with Martin 3030 template, the first one he posted.

and i have supplied schedule of charges with each correspondance.

i'm really worried now.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs scarlet:confused: :eek::confused:

They are real muppets arent they. :-x You do not have to reply to the CPR part 18 request unless directed to do so by the Judge.

A call followed by a letter to Cobblers is in order I think also strongly worded to say that this is a clearly intimidation as they can not ask for further information unless the Judge agrees to it. Inform them that you intend to inform the Judge of their actions.

• Haha 1

Hiya Scarlet

Don't panic hun, Lively is absolutely correct, this is just more petty intimidation. Your claim is way under £5000, this paragraph has

been appearing alot to people with claims over £5000 but in your case is totally innapropriate.

Because they know this will never actually be put in front of a judge, they muck about.:D

The letter you need to send is similiar to the 'intimidatory CPR18' letter, just amend it slightly to mention their AQ, dates etc. As usual, 1 copy to Cobbetts, one to the judge.

Your getting very close to the end now, stay strong, you've done the hard part. The proper offers should start soon, mine was a week after I got Allocation Notice from the court.:)

Guest Scarletrose

hi lively hi kate thanx guys for advice

only i'm no good at this lettter writing stuff and have no idea wot to write?????

should i try and copy ED1237 letter cpr18 request, i am unsure of wot to wrtite etc..

any ideas of a letter in the templates,

also wot cobbetts wrote was on there AQ which they have sent to the court so wont the judge already be aware of it. sorry if i'm rambling been up all night, nothing much is registering today.

hugs scarlet

Scarlet,

Good advice from the others..... and certainly dont panic

(the aq swapping I think is actually good news I think: it means your in your final stages of your claim....)

Good luck hon... (you wont need it)

Innocent :D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Guest Scarletrose

Thanx for the vote of cofidance innocent

however i'm still unsure of wot to write to judge and cobbetts cant make anything fit the situation????

any ideas

hugs scarlet

Awww Scarlet.... I know its easier to say after the process but dont worry

I gather the comment is only within section G of their AQ request....

Like livelylad said, perhaps, (and Im sorry to sound confident) "perhaps", just call, and write a letter to Cobblers stating a further case again of intimidation, cpr18 is not relevant etc

.... and c.c. it to your court

Then relax (if you can)...

(And check my signature) did I wait 3or4 weeks for a cheque out of the fantastic "blue" after the aq....

(Infact I think it was only TWO)

YOUR CLOSE NOW... THE WORST IS OVER...

Innocent :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

I waited 9 days from AQ deadline

;)

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Guest Scarletrose

Hi Guys i have not replied to cobbets section g Aq yet

BUT i received an offer today

Dear Madam

we refer to above matter (natwest)

our client considers that your challenge to its charges would fail in court. our client believes that its charges are fair reasonable and transparent. it considers that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with it and its published tariff. our client is also comitted to ensuring the transparency of the infomation that it gives to its customers about the operation of its products. as such our client dors not believe that yourt claim has any prospect odf sucedding.

however as a gesture of goodwill and strictly on the basis that our client rejects any liability to you it is willing to offer you a goodwill payment of £1,600. my claim is for £3072.97

Aceeptance of this goowill gesture will be in full and final settlement of your claim on the basis of ( not disclosing it tpo a third part and i write to the crt withdrawing claim)

whilst this letter ois written without prejudice save as to costs in the event that you decline this offer we will draw attention this letter to the courts attention on the basis that we hold firm the view that thids offer is entirely reasonable in the circumstances this offer remains open until wed 17th jan.

we look forward toi hearing from you.

Okay guys what now, is this completely normal????

do i just write back declining offer???

do i still send a letter stating that i feel that there Aq s intimadtory or should i just refuse offer????

Hugs scarlet

Dear Madam

we refer to above matter (NatWest)

our client considers that your challenge to its charges would fail in court. our client believes that its charges are fair reasonable and transparent. it considers that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with it and its published tariff. our client is also comitted to ensuring the transparency of the infomation that it gives to its customers about the operation of its products. as such our client dors not believe that yourt claim has any prospect odf sucedding.

however as a gesture of goodwill and strictly on the basis that our client rejects any liability to you it is willing to offer you a goodwill payment of £1,600. my claim is for £3072.97

Aceeptance of this goowill gesture will be in full and final settlement of your claim on the basis of ( not disclosing it tpo a third part and i write to the crt withdrawing claim)

whilst this letter ois written without prejudice save as to costs in the event that you decline this offer we will draw attention this letter to the courts attention on the basis that we hold firm the view that thids offer is entirely reasonable in the circumstances this offer remains open until wed 17th jan.

do i still send a letter stating that i feel that there Aq s intimadtory or should i just refuse offer????

Hugs scarlet

This is normal. You will get an offer for the full settlement soon enough I think. Send the rejection letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Also send the Aq letter at the same time this might speed up their full offer. :D

Dear Madam

we refer to above matter (NatWest)

Hugs scarlet

Hi Scarlet,

Cobblers have pretty much taken me down the same route. They offerred a lame goodwill gesture prior to the AQ stage, which I humbly rejected:cool:

I have since sent my AQ to the court, received their AQ, in which they once again, ask me to particularise my POC (mor rubbish and stalling tactics) I am now waiting for directions from the judge. Apparently, and with fingers and toes crossd, I too am nearing the end of my claim.....me thinks I'll cross my fingers, toes and legs for the both of us!!!!!!:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Guest Scarletrose

right guys i sent this as responce to there offer of £1600.00

my claim is £2523.00 plus interst at 8% added at mcol stage plus £120.00 mcol fee totals £3072.97.

date natwest ac no

claim no.

dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your letter dated 10th jan.

i respectfully decline your clients offer of sttlement and request once again that you return to me all of which i am claiming totalling £3072,97. ( i am unsure about this part as its the total of the claim now icluding everything as i have detaile above ie interst at 8% and mcol fee is this correct????????)

i will accept the sum offered only as a part settlement and on the clear understanding that i will pursue recovery of the remainder of the claim with court action. ( does this sound okay too????????)

i trust this clarifies my position.

yours sincerely

me

So guys does this sound okay ????????????????

plus i received today notice of allocation to the small claims track from the court. my cort date is set for 11th april at 14:00hrs. is this normal??????????

hugs scarlet

Letter sounds okay to me.

I'm not sure you have too much to worry about with reference to your figs. as, in all honesty, do they actually take any real notice?!!!!

The notice you've received appears normal and simply means that the next offer they make you should be soon and a little more reasonable;)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA