Clydesdale Bank

frugalwise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wrote to the Clydesdale after being charged £35 for going over my limit.

I also asked for a list of charges over the last six years to be provided.

Heres the reply

"You have also requested a note of all overdraft fees that have been applied to your account over the last six years. I am required to order a reprint of your monthly statements for the last six years and the standard fee for this is £5 per statement"

Phoned them up to confirm that they wanted to charge me £360 was assred that this was the case.

Pointed out Data protection act 1998, was phoned back with, yes we will supply for £10 anything from July 2005 onwards prior to that £5 a statement.

Spoke with the information commissioners office, have been advised to write to them again formally requesting this information under the data protection act, have advised them of this and the need for a reply to enable me to file a complaint against them. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

After sending the £10 DPA request for statements I got the same reply of £5 per statement prior to 2005 June, but saying their reply is bullplop and not suggesting anything else is no help. Should we write saying 'your reply is bullplop, therefore I want the statements'? Or, pay £5 each for the statements and add them to our bill? Why is it that it is only Clydesdale that are trying this on?

There is no template in the library for this response.

Virgin/MBNA £435

Mint £20

Morgan Stanley £120

Clydesdale Bank £299 (pending;court case started)

I spoke with the information commissioners office.

They have advised me that they no of no reason why prior to 2005 they should be applying this.

they have further instructed me to write again to them requesting this information under the data protection act.

I have re written using thephorums template and enclosed a cheque for £10.

Will await reply and if I suspect is the same have been advised by commissioners office to advise them and then we will begin formal complaint against Clydesdale

I've sent them a letter in response to their £5 per statement 'bullplop' comment but it's on another link under 'clydesdale bank financial sevices anyone?' - on page 1 of the 'other' banks.

Virgin/MBNA £435

Mint £20

Morgan Stanley £120

Clydesdale Bank £299 (pending;court case started)

Just received letter

Despite specific request for data they have cashed my cheque for £10 and are awaiting confirmation from myself that I will pay fro the statements prior to July 2005.

Now off to phone the commissioners office to lodge a formal complaint

I can't understand why Clydesdale are being so funny about providing info prior to July 2005. They are part of the National Australia Bank Group, as are Yorkshire Bank, who I deal with. You'd think each bank in the whole group would adhere to the same rules.

I did get my statements in two batches tho - one from Aug 2005 to present, and Jan 2000 [only requested from March 2000!] to July 2005. The reason given for this was that they came from 2 different dept's, due to the style of statement changing in July 05.

Could this possibly be the reasoning behind Clydesdales refusal I wonder?

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Hi all I suspect that they are trying to hide there charges from you. I have made a DPA request from them and unfortunately I had been a good boy and had no problem whatsoever in getting copies of statements from them (indeed they have been the quickest to respond). I can only suggest that if you have been charged alot then they are attempting to put up the barracades. Im still pretty miffed at them though as there charging me horendous interest at the Mo but there is little I can do about it as they are abiding by the T&C.

I have three accounts with Clydesdale, two current and a dead Clydesdale Mastercard. All have had charges imposed. On requesting DPA info do I have to pay £10 for each account or does the £10 cover all accounts.

I suspect if I become a nuisance they will close my account.

I have opened an on line current account with Alliance and Leicester, with 0 interest for 12 months.

Bye Bye Clydesdale, just on the gold fee and interest alone I will save £280+

No they won't or at least don't let them do so.

The DPA request is for all information that the company holds about an individual includint details of all transactions. The £10 fee covers all information on all accounts.

DO NOT PAY PER STATEMENT. IF THE BANK TRIES TO DO THIS AFTER YOU HAVE MADE YOUR DPA REQUEST REPORT THEM TO THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER!

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the mistake people are making is asking for 'statements' instead of a list of transactions. A statement is a specific type of document which is compiled from transactional information. Transactions are the data which go into the statements, and are undeniably covered by the DPA. It may sound like semantics, but the IC has confirmed that 'statements' themselves are indeed not covered by the DPA.

Bear in mind that statements are by no means the only record that the bank has of your transactions. They will have to hold a full record going back at least 7 years for their own accounting and audit purposes. Not to mention requirements of Inland Revenue, Sarbannes-Oxley etc...

• Confused 2

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

• 7 months later...

I Requested My Bank Statements For The Past 6 Years And Recieved Them With No Problems After Paying My £10 For all My Statements. I Did How Ever Find Out That Employees Of Local Branches Don't Know These Facts And Are Still Willing To Charge £5 Per Sheet

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks