Milletsports loss of £125

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Alittle info about purchase.

I brought a pair of Hoka trainers that cost £125 4 month ago, as I only used them indoors they was in exelent condition with no wear and tear before a hole appeared.

I returned these shoes using milletsports freepost label on 9 jan 2014.

I phoned last week and was told they hadn't received them but there was a massive pallet full of returns tobe processed.

Phoned again today they say they haven't been received or i'd say they lost them, one of the 2.

Now they tell me to go away and call royal mail and claim my £125 but the freepost label doesn't include insurance so I take it this is them ripping me off with terrible customer service ?

I have the postage receipt from post office which it says " keep this receipt for proof of posting.

What do I do guys as its £125 and I need these shoes due to having Avascular necrosis of the second metatarsal head :(

I would be very greatfull of any help I can get on this if possible or am I doomed to lose £125.

Kinds regards

Mike

Edit

Royalmail stated as it was free post milletsports had already paid for the postage so any claims will be dealt with milletsports as they payed for the return postage on there account ?

Edited by michaelcleo

Hi

I believe the post office are correct. Even though you posted the trainers, the postage payer is the one with the contract and as such, I think you should go back to Milletsports and question them over this.

In the event they still try to fob you off you can write to the director:

MR DAVID ROBERT WILLIAMS

at

ACTIVINSTINCT LTD

EDINBURGH HOUSE HOLLINSBROOK WAY

PILSWORTH

BURY

LANCASHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

BL9 8RR

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox,

Thankyou for your time and effort.

I did call back and spoke to somebody else with the info royalmail gave me, while I was speaking to the lady you messaged so I stated Davids name would be my next port of call and after being placed on hold I was told they will look into this for me.

What a ball ache some people make things for no other reason than they don't want to give a good customer service.

Fingers crossed this gets resolved as i'd hate to flush £125 down the drain.

It's sad really as I emailed Hoka aswell asking to send them back to them as i'd heard terrible things about milletsports but they said I had to send them back to buyer and now this.

Oh well looks like quitting fags ended on its 1st day, this has really annoyed me.

With the Sale of Goods Act, the seller is responsible, not the manufacturer. Millets have to deal with Hoka, not you. This is intended to make it easier to get redress from the retailer :|

Hope your name dropping has the desired result. :-D

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Sadly got this back from milletsports

I have received your email.

Have been asking about this for you, as you have not sent it back Royal Mail Tracked or Recorded Delivery, we would not be liable for this getting lost. It would have been on the email that you received for your return’s form.

I am not able to see the link as I can’t download it on my system.

When did you send it back as it is not clear on the receipt?

So guys, so do I just special delivery letter to

MR DAVID ROBERT WILLIAMS with photo copy of receipt and print outs of the email or emails I receive today ?

Yes,that sounds like a plan. Send a good photocopy of the receipt at this point in time, just in case you decide to raise a small claim in the county court - when you would need the original.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Recorded Deliver is best (and cheaper than SD)

Mark the envelope 'Private and Confidential' That way he opens it himself and not the minions doing it for him.

Thanks, ive requested the 2 names of the people I spoke to at milletsports via amail, if I get no reply i'll phone again and ask in person and get this sent off tomoz.

Thanks for your help,

I can see i'm on a long road of crap for no reason other than there customer service stinks like crazy.

Why even offer a free post if this happens.

I even said the day the guy said it was free post that's cool cos I don't have to pay for postage :(

Hi Karen,

Can you please reply to this email before I send info to managing director as this is how it works.

As I have returned the shoe's back to you and have proof of posting using your freepost label I would like a full refund or a replacement pair of shoes to same cost.

If you feel you cannot do this then please explain your reasons why.

If I haven't heard from you within 24 hours I will phone again and get all the details I need, please just supply the correct customer service now as to not cause any issue's later.

Kind regards

Mike

Is that ok ?

I know that with a phone call, you get instant interaction but in a dispute the printed word is worth its weight in gold as they cannot deny what is put in a letter/email whereas they can with a phone call (unless you recorded them)

What I am trying to say is stay off the phone. :-D

As I hadn't spoke to a manager I called back today and spoke to one who was polite and helpful, he has gone off to investigate and gave me a rough 2 day time frame to which I gave them over a week so that would put it at 4 weeks from postage date.

I was also supplied a email so I could send my info directly to manager which I have done.

Fingers crossed.

All sorted now.

Afgter the manager investigated my shoes was found and there now in the process of refunds/exchange as long as the shoes manufactuer deems them faulty which they should.

As the manager sorted the issue out straight away i'm more than happy to use Milletsports again, infact they asked if I wanted a refund and I stated I was happy to keep the money with them so all ends well.

That is good to hear. A bit of staff training is now needed so that others in the same boat do not have to put up with attitude you did.

Well done to the manager. Let's hope it all goes well with the inspection.