style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved into a house in Sept 2012 and

I receive housing benefit as I am on JSA.

4 months after moving in the landlord said I was in arrears.

I emailed my proof of payments but landlord said I owed one week.

On the tenancy agreement it states that one weeks' rent is payable on the moving in day

but I queried this on the signing day because the council only pay 4 weekly in arrears.

The landlord understood this and said that particular paragraph only applied to working tenants.

This landlord only lets properties to DSS and so is well aware of the process.

After emailing my payments and pointing out the particular paragraph, nothing more was said.

Lots of repairs were needed on his house which I duly reported but then 6 months had passed and no repairs.

I emailed the LL and said that if my repairs were not done I would employ a contractor with payment being met from the rent.

The LL then requested direct payment fron council to stop me doing his.

I objected and so council suspended my HB until repairs were completed.

Meanwhile, LL again said I was in arrears and I explained the situation and also HB informed LL.

There have been times when I have been late with payments in an attempt to get LL to shift the asses but I am up to date with my rent.

I have emailed all my payments but LL still says I am in arrears.

If I have been in a property for, let's say, 70 weeks, and I have paid 70 weeks; then how can I be in arrears?

LL is now trying to get the "arrears" from my guarantor, which is my brother-in-law.

My guarantor and my sister are scared in case they are taken to court and get CCJ.

I have explained to my guarantor that LL is trying to [problem] us and not to pay anything.

PLEASE HELP,

if it does go to court, and you have proof you arent in arrears, then simply show them it. i doubt it will ever go to court though. It just sounds like he;s trying to intimidate you into giving him more money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if it does go to court, and you have proof you arent in arrears, then simply show them it. i doubt it will ever go to court though. It just sounds like he;s trying to intimidate you into giving him more money.

I have tried and tried to explain this to my sister but it appears previous tenants have lost in court against said LL and she is afraid it will happen again. I cannot put it any plainer to her that nobody can force you to pay something you do not owe and if you do not owe then how can you lose. I have done some research on said LL and I am not the only "victim" of theLL. They were outed as rogue landlords in a panorama program in 2009 and others have complained of their tactics. Because I have stood my ground on this, the LL has now served a notice of possession for next month. I'm sure they just want me to roll over while they tickle my belly. I just wish I could convince my guarantor

They lost most likely because they never had a clue what they were doing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D