Employment rights for tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need to know if I have employment rights or not. I started providing IT support to my employer in 2010. My day to day job was to assist staff on technical issues by phone, email etc and on various occansion I would visit the company to resolve other IT related technical issues. I had no contract for the support I was providing. In May 2012 I started to work as an in-house IT Techncian for the same employer and signed an employment contract. I have been providing them ongoing IT support as well as working as an in-house IT technician. Recently in december 2013 I have been unfairly dismissed for gross misconduct and I want to take my employer to tribunal.

According to new employment rules if I started my employment after April 2012 then the qualifying period would be 2 years and if it was prior to April 2012 then it would be just one year. My question is that do I have employment rights or not as I only signed the employment contract in May 2012 but on the other hand I had also been working there since 2010 without any contract.

Thanks

How were you working there? Agency? Self employed? Employed but no contract? Did they send you payslips and pay your tax? Any break before you signed the contract?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!