Start time change last minute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boyfriends work keep changing his hours when he's at work. Like today, he was due to start at 5pm got there 15 minutes early as he always does and as it was quiet told him not to start till 6pm. Are they allowed to do this? They don't pay him from his rota'd start time and are always doing this.

What does his contract say? Is he full time, part time, zero hour, flexible? Set hours/salaried?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Don't quote me but I think he's got a set minimum hours a week (say 20 for example) and flexible, I think, again don't quote me as I tend not to listen to him when he rambles on. Would the fact that it's flexible mean they can do this?

Flexible means they can change the hours as needed to suit the business. He could come in for 5, but if the place is very quiet, they might say that he can work at 6 and finish an hour later. Of course, the final finish time is up to him as he may have other obligations, but if he has a set 20 hours per week contract, then they must adhere to that.

My advice would be to get a copy of the contract and see what it states. Others will chip in soon.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Every single employee in the UK is legally entitled to a full copy of their contract of employment.