• Tweets

• Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
    • means nothing. just trying to kid people its going up some kind of chain. get reading a good few threads here each day. dx  
    • also do an OC2 https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/256744-welcome-secured-loan-sold-to-coast/?do=findComment&comment=4917128  
    • ok  from the infamous cruzhughes mammoth welcome thread i remembered. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/394686-welcome-secured-loanscharge-sold-to-alphaprime-repo-received-claim-dismissed/?do=findComment&comment=5009109 prime credit 5 was a luvy co. along with alpha credit 5 their uk portal was thru prime credit,  loans were administered on their behalf by Acenden, Acenden are Part of the Kensington Group. ultimately these were mostly all sold to Coast  Prime_28th_Aug.pdf
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue **I WON**

chezt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ideal, Willow. You do indeed make an excellent 'airy fairy, if I may say so - in contrast to the "hirsute horror" that is me !!!

I feel I should clarify that I am no further up this route than you are, so I am not speaking from any experience other than my own reading up of stuff.

Have a read of this thread, if you have some spare time !!! It should have been entitled "How to build a bomb," and is an intriguing saga of Tam & Term's construction of said device. Detonation is imminent, I believe:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill that's the thread I read I'm sure ... took ages!

WILLOW :) :) :) Glad u called in luvvie .... this is for you sweetie ..

airy-fairy_title.gif

:grin: Off to print my new letter - cheers darlin ... glad ur bearing (putting up with me on this one! :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Guest willowb

Love the piccie Chezt thanks hun!:D .....got to page 4 on that thread Bill and gave up.....well, skipped to page 87!!!!:eek: anyway....I'll have another look another day though, looks like everyone's subscribed to it!

Wxxx

Yeah, that's the one, mate. You have to skim through a lot, you're right. I'm hoping that they will manage some kind of final summary of it for us, but we'll probably have to wait until they've lit the fuse first. It's about 1800 posts long, now !!

Love the piccie Chezt thanks hun!:D .....got to page 4 on that thread Bill and gave up.....well, skipped to page 87!!!!:eek: anyway....I'll have another look another day though, looks like everyone's subscribed to it!

Wxxx

I think u should use it for your avatar! Your current girly I find a bit spooky for some reason ... think it's the eyes ... dunno why tho! :???:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi Chez, Bill and others. Hope you're all well.

Sorry for butting in. I'll have my own thread on this soon, I reckon.

Chez, as you know I've been looking into my wife's Studio (S.A.R now sent) and decided to have a look into her LXDirect as well.

I had a chat with Mrs. Bear and had another read through this thread again. When I got to their letter in post 28 and reached this bit:

"We believe we have gone to considerable lengths to reduce the risk of you incurring a default charge including sending at least one reminder before default charges are applied"

Mrs Bear's comment was, "Yeah that'll be feckin' right." Let me tell you why.

Mrs Bear's benefits changed as did the date she got them, so she had to change all her payment dates. When she called and asked about changing her payment date to one week after it normally got paid, LXDirect said, "they couldn't do it and that was it; if your circumstances have changed, Tough!!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, just about every month for Gawd knows how long she gets a 15 quid Admin charge.

So, to my question... Is this what you are claiming back from them? I'd value any input you have, yours too, Bill. :)

OB

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

Hi Chez, Bill and others. Hope you're all well.

Sorry for butting in. I'll have my own thread on this soon, I reckon.

Chez, as you know I've been looking into my wife's Studio (S.A.R now sent) and decided to have a look into her LXDirect as well.

I had a chat with Mrs. Bear and had another read through this thread again. When I got to their letter in post 28 and reached this bit:

"We believe we have gone to considerable lengths to reduce the risk of you incurring a default charge including sending at least one reminder before default charges are applied"

Mrs Bear's comment was, "Yeah that'll be feckin' right." Let me tell you why.

Mrs Bear's benefits changed as did the date she got them, so she had to change all her payment dates. When she called and asked about changing her payment date to one week after it normally got paid, LXDirect said, "they couldn't do it and that was it; if your circumstances have changed, Tough!!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, just about every month for Gawd knows how long she gets a 15 quid Admin charge.

So, to my question... Is this what you are claiming back from them? I'd value any input you have, yours too, Bill. :)

OB

I'm claiming back all admin charges ... returned cheque/items returned late fees & fees for arranging a reduced payment.

I'm on a DMP with CCCS now & their advice is not to pay any debtor d/debit except the neccesaries .. ie mortgage/rent, gas/elec/water/council tax ... they say you should stay in control of your money & this is exactly what I do now.

:o can't believe what they did saying they couldn't change the date .. you woulda thought she could just missed one month payment & then it woulda brought it back in line or summat! jeeeez ... customer services eh!!!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Thanks Chez, that's what I wanted to know. I'll prepare the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as soon as...

Look out for my new thread.

& fees for arranging a reduced payment.
You are joking, right??!!!

What a bunch of edited :evil: :evil: :evil:

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

I think u should use it for your avatar! Your current girly I find a bit spooky for some reason ... think it's the eyes ... dunno why tho! :???:

Funny, I thought it was just me, but I find myself peering into them late at night, and they really do seem to be kinda looking back out here - just moving a tiny bit, looking back at me. :o

...LXDirect said, "they couldn't do it and that was it; if your circumstances have changed, Tough!!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's water under the bridge now, OB, but when I've had them tell me they were "unable" to do something, I've insisted that they "pass the matter upwards to someone who is both able and willing to deal with the matter properly."

In every case, "unable" translated directly into "unwilling" and I have suggested that they be more truthful in future and say "unwilling" instead of hiding behind a pretence of inability.

Horrid people.

Sorry, Bill; that 'couldn't' should have said 'wouldn't'. It wasn't a case of being unable, it was a case of being unwilling.

Trouble I have is my wife is a bit of a cissy on the phone. I'm doing what I can to change that and make her see the light.

Sorry for the minor hijack, Chez. x

OB

btw. I've started a couple of new threads for my claims, I'd be grateful for any input you chaps may have.

You are joking, right??!!!

What a bunch of edited :evil:

Nope! They set an arrangement for three months only then you call back after that ... arrange another payment ... n they charge you again!!! :eek:

Funny, I thought it was just me, but I find myself peering into them late at night, and they really do seem to be kinda looking back out here - just moving a tiny bit, looking back at me. :o
:confused: Cor propa spooky!

I've insisted that they "pass the matter upwards to someone who is both able and willing to deal with the matter properly."

:p

Sorry for the minor hijack, Chez. x

btw. I've started a couple of new threads for my claims, I'd be grateful for any input you chaps may have.

Nay probs OB ... I dunnie mind ... I'll pop by your threads soon matie - thanks for the 'invite!' :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

My goodness. Well done Chezt, you're in full battle mode aren't you!?

Anyhow, I'm new here, and having been a bit baffled by this whole thread just wanted to ask a couple of questions from the learned members:

1. I no longer have a Littlewoods account, but when I did I was right royally shafted by them for a long period of time - am I still ableto initiate a claim against them?

2. If yes to above, do I do the SAR in the same way as I would a bank? And does anyone know where I should send it?

Keep up the good work everyone.

vx

time for me to get back what is rightfully mine

:)

The hitlist:

Capital One: S.A.R sent (6.2.7)

Littlewoods Catalogue: SAR sent (6.2.7); letter arrives 20.2.7

Kays Catalogue: SAR sent (6.2.7)

Halifax Credit Card: S.A.R sent (6.2.7)

First Direct: S.A.R sent (6.2.7); statements arrive (19.2.7)

My partner's RBS account

Guest willowb

Hiya Vick and welcome to the forum:)

Yes you send an SAR to Littlewoods for all your financial records dating back 6 years and take it from there. Where you defaulted? If you were then you need to include the removal of the default marker in your request and LBA.

You need to read this over and over!!! you cannot do enough reading here.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

These are the step by step instructions, stick to the time table and if you need help...SHOUT! but be patient as people here are very busy!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Start a new thread in here. Keep it up to date and then when/if you need help it makes it easier for mods and site helpers (and the care bears:D )to assist you.

Good luck

Wxxx

My goodness. Well done Chezt, you're in full battle mode aren't you!?

Anyhow, I'm new here, and having been a bit baffled by this whole thread just wanted to ask a couple of questions from the learned members:

1. I no longer have a Littlewoods account, but when I did I was right royally shafted by them for a long period of time - am I still ableto initiate a claim against them?

2. If yes to above, do I do the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) in the same way as I would a bank? And does anyone know where I should send it?

Keep up the good work everyone.

vx

hi Vick ... Willow's answered all your Q's (she's a superstar!) but I just wanted to say hi & good luck! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Only one week to go (well to the 18th Feb) for LW to supply a copy of my agreement!

Am I right to be holding of amending the POC at this stage?? Presumably if they don't supply then I can write & tell them the debt is unenforceable & just call the whole thing off?

I don't wanna get ahead of myself here just tryna get my head prepared for what next IYKWIM :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

try and read up on the CCA aspect, Chez, as I'm no further down the line than waiting for mine. I believe that, if they are in default, then it's unenforceable until they produce it. But if they are in breach, then not only is it unenforceable, but they are liable to criminal prosecution if they go into court - even if they eventually DO produce it. That is MY understanding of what I have read up, though. Do PLEASE make sure you do the same, because this stuff is all new to me.

try and read up on the CCA aspect, Chez, as I'm no further down the line than waiting for mine. I believe that, if they are in default, then it's unenforceable until they produce it. But if they are in breach, then not only is it unenforceable, but they are liable to criminal prosecution if they go into court - even if they eventually DO produce it. That is MY understanding of what I have read up, though. Do PLEASE make sure you do the same, because this stuff is all new to me.

Yes Bill I know ... it's a bit beyond me too if i'm honest! I've also read that you write & tell 'em it's unenforceable then also ask them to repay all monies you've paid them!! :eek:

I dunno about that bit ... need to seek advice if we get there 'cos it will literally be £1000's! I've been with LW for YEARS & myself & friends/family have had lots of stuff ... I really can't see how you would ask for it all back when they have supplied goods to you .... that does puzzle me somewhat ! :confused:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Yes Bill I know ... it's a bit beyond me too if i'm honest! I've also read that you write & tell 'em it's unenforceable then also ask them to repay all monies you've paid them!! :eek:

I dunno about that bit ... need to seek advice if we get there 'cos it will literally be £1000's! I've been with LW for YEARS & myself & friends/family have had lots of stuff ... I really can't see how you would ask for it all back when they have supplied goods to you .... that does puzzle me somewhat ! :confused:

I agree, and I'm gonna have to re-read all this when the time comes. I think total repayment is quite posibly taking it too far. Depends on idividual circumstances. I prefer to just use the unenforceable aspect, and the criminal liability to get them to settle on your full terms.

Guest willowb

I agree and I know we've discussed this Bill, it wouldn't 'sit right' with me either but that's not to say that you aren't perfectly entitled to do so. There are people who have, have you read their threads Chez? I may try and find them for you after a coffee and a paracetomal!!! Head felt like a rugby ball this morning, b****d cold!!! I've had worse off the kids though, so not complaining. Chez do you find that you get the worst viruses in the spring (off the sprogs) or is it just me?:|

Wxxx

Guest willowb

:p

Chezt I couldn't find those threads but this quote from Lookingforinfo pretty much sums it up....

To be on the safe side, allow two days for the post and then a further twelve working days. You should receive a copy of the original agreement with

both your signature and another on behalf of the original creditor, a copy of

any other document mentioned in the agreement [eg T&Cs relating to the year

the agreement began] and a statement signed by the creditor of the amount

already paid by the debtor, any missed payments and their dates and how

much is still outstanding and their due dates.

Whilst these documents are outstanding, the creditor or DCA are not allowed to pursue you for the debt, and you can cease paying during that time.

If all the documents are not received within the time limit, the debt is in default and cannot be reinstated by the creditor with out a Court Order.

After a further 30 days expires, the creditor has committed an offence into

the bargain. Now, not only will they have to explain to the Judge why they

have broken the law, provide proof that they do own the debt, and the

Judge agree that they are allowed to pursue you for the debt [and it is not

always granted] but the creditor is liable to a fine of up to £2500. So if you

have a smallish debt, and the creditor has not produced the required

documents, they tend not to go to Court since they will pay more in fines than they could collect.

However if you take them to Court, whilst they will still face a fine, they will try to make sure that you will have to pay them.

Wxxx