• Tweets

• So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
    • Am in the middle of selling my house but it's been held up as still showing a change on the property from welcome finance, have not had any contact from them for years or prime credit and need this sorting asap As far as am aware the loan was paid of some 8 years ago
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue **I WON**

chezt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Awwww poor lil muffin!!!!:( I do hope she gets better soon hun....is this a carry-on from when she had that tummy bug? is it the same virus?

As for the template hunny, I'm hoping I may need one myself soon:rolleyes: so I'll go and have a look for you, I'm sure I've seen one somewhere....

Actually, thinking about it, now that the debt is unenforceable you could also send a statutory notice re the default (have I got the right thread?:-? )!!!! hummmm I'll be back in a mo.

Wxxx

No it's another one! I think the tummy bug's basically left her immune system open to this! Anyway she's not had a bad night apart from one episode

TBH I've had a look for the template & can't find it ... if you find it & post me a link I would be eternally grateful - haven't got much time to go looking ATM

(pmsl @ u thinking in type :D )

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry We were posting same time then - although you were faster than me as I'm on the calpol run!

I'll try & have a read of that thread later when I'm home from work n chufta is in bed ... thanks hun :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb
pmsl @ u thinking in type :grin: )

Yikes!!!! I know....bad habbit....lol just can't stop it IYKWIM:D hummmm note to self *must be a much cooler poster*:cool: lol it'll never happen:p

Wxxx

Yikes!!!! I know....bad habbit....lol just can't stop it IYKWIM:D hummmm note to self *must be a much cooler poster*:cool: lol it'll never happen:p

Wxxx

HAHA! Me too & Me neither ;)

(luv ya hun - thanks for helping x :) )

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Right, this is a really nice/good thread, I'm sure that we can grab things from it for you and add it to a stat notice.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Wxxx

COR that is one humongous letter! Dunno how much of it I can use tho or even where to start really.

Where 'exact;y' do I stand in MY situation - any opinions/advice anyone?

(ie re pending court action etc)

Thanks Willow for the link ... in the process of copy n pasting the letter for digestion & disection! :|

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi all ... OK I'm totally confused as to my next course of action. (Well not totally thanks to Willow) I think I've sussed which part of the letter Willow posted the link for that I can use ... basically I'm writing to LW to inform them they've failed to comply with my request, have committed a criminal offence & I no longer acknowledge any debt to them.

I'm gonna contact CCCS to stop all payments to them on my behalf.

OK now the bit I'm confused about ... what do I do re the courts & the pending action I have against them reclaiming charges ... I know I will have to cancel this as I now want them to write off the whole debt & not just the charges .... Do I just send them a letter advising what's happend & forward copies of the letter I will send to LW?

Also I need to report LW for not complying don't I ... do I?

Think I also need to check my credit file to see if they've registered the threatened default.

Can I use the pending court action to get removal if they have or would this have to be a sepereate claim along with non-compliance? (or am I getting ahead of myself here? :| )

Is that pretty much it or should I be doing more/less?

Apologies for the confusion here it's just new territory for me & I really like to understand what I'm doing IYKWIM? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb

hummmmmm haven't got time to dissect the situ at the mo Chezt, I'd be interested in what LFI and Bill thinks about your claim situation.........if you were going to really go for it, I suppose you could amend your POCs and claim the whole lot back????? anyone?

Wxxx

can you post what you've come up with so far for a letter?

I'd be interested in what LFI and Bill thinks about your claim situation

Congratulations - you have just qualified for my standard sod-off reply !!!

I have to tell you that there is currently a dispute over the quality of my advice and opinion. Until such time that it is adequately resolved, I do not feel able to safely offer any assistance. I am so sorry.

Bill. :)

;) XXX

hummmmmm haven't got time to dissect the situ at the mo Chezt, I'd be interested in what LFI and Bill thinks about your claim situation.........if you were going to really go for it, I suppose you could amend your POCs and claim the whole lot back????? anyone?

Wxxx

can you post what you've come up with so far for a letter?

That's what I was wondering .... ?? I'll finish fiddling & post later when chufta's in bed :)

Congratulations - you have just qualified for my standard sod-off reply !!!

I have to tell you that there is currently a dispute over the quality of my advice and opinion. Until such time that it is adequately resolved, I do not feel able to safely offer any assistance. I am so sorry.

Bill. :)

;) XXX

Sod Off yourself Bill ..... It's me n 'er ur talkin to here mate & we just WON'T take it .... Will we Willow!? :-x This is MY thread so just blimmin post a reply/advice will ya! ;)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Yeah ya big smelly ape, save ya chest beating for somewhere else!:mad:

Wxxx:p

He's not listening is he Willow! He'd better had tho ... spesh as uv changed ur avatar specially for him!

Still letter fiddlin hun ... try n get summat posted for the morn! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

OK, OK, already !!!

Seein' as Willow's got rid of Mrs Doubtfire's wicked sister - here y'are.

The original intention I had of requesting a copy of the original signed executed agreement with Littlewoods pusuant to Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 was based on my experience with them a coiuple of years ago when they wanted Mrs K to sign a new agreement with them before they would pay her commission (which had been earned under the original agreement with them). My intention here was to give you an extra string to your bow to put you in a better position during the expected haggling process, and also possibly extra ammunition in court, or even a means to keep it out of court. The precise way in which you choose to implement this information is of course a choice you have to make yourself, and I most certainly would not wish to be seen to have influenced this decision in any way, shape or form on this forum. Furthermore, notwithstanding previous and current action subsequent to my proferring of sincerely held but mistaken beliefs, I hope you will understand my earnest desire to avoid being buried under a pile of rude and irate moderators yet again, like an american football player, for so doing. This advice is, of course, issued entirely in accordance with the terms, conditions and regulations in Bill-k's publications and notices heretofore posted in various places in the CAG forum, and notified in my signature, affixed hereto, and downunder. :x

So there !! Now open your email !!! :D

Here Willow ... a very rough 'start' to my next step letter ...

Consumer Credit Act 1974 s78 (1) Demand

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have written to you on several occasions in relation to my request for you to supply me with a true certified copy of the credit agreement under which this account is conducted. You have failed to supply this as no such agreement exists. You have only provided a copy of a recently printed agreement which is not what I requested and does not comply with your legal requirements. You have also failed to provide the other documents you are required to supply under sections 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. (??? dunno about wording of that bit yet!)

Consequently I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

As you will be aware, non compliance with my request means that your company has committed a criminal offence under Section 77 (4) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, summarily punishable by a Level 4 fine on the standard scale of up to £2500.

I remind you that a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and is therefore a complete defence to any court claim that is issued. Please take note that any legal action you may contemplate will be vigorously defended and contested.

I also contend that the money that you have obtained from me has been unlawful since you have not provided me with any documentation to prove the contrary, and under common law you may not profit from an unlawful act. ((Dunno about this bit cos I don’t think I wanna claim owt back ... just get debt written off???))

**** I need to mention reporting their actions to the relevant authorities too (ie complaining to Trading Standards and OFT about their conduct in the matter and their suitability for holding Credit trading licence) *****

I trust the above is satisfactory and will enable you to deal with the above accordingly. I trust this clarifies my position regarding this. (?)

Yours ..... chezt

As for the rest of the info ... I think I need to get a copy of my credit file & see if a default has been registered as I will need to deal with that too ... I’m still playing with the wording from the letter u posted willow which I’m tryna ‘tweak’ to fit my situation ... again ...very rough ATM as I don’t think all of it is relevant/suitable!

Also I noticed this in a post by looking for info,,,,,

‘’ However if you take them to Court, whilst they will still face a fine, they will try to make sure that you will have to pay them.’’

Looks like I ought to cancel the court action against them now then don’t u think? Could do with some input on this really .... if LFI’s not around to comment do u think ur mate Zoot can help ... ? (Is this in her line of expertise?)

I really wanna get this done but I need some help! :?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Ahhhh there u are Bill! I knew the power of our female pursuasion (THREATS!!) would bring you to comment ;)

OK, OK, already !!!

Seein' as Willow's got rid of Mrs Doubtfire's wicked sister - here y'are.

hehe! That's a good description! :D

So there !! Now open your email !!! :D

ah OK ... not done that for a while! :o

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb

Well, Chezt after *hiccup* 3 glasses of shiraz I don't feel that I can *hiccup* dissect this situation to the best of my sober abilities SO I will endevour *lol* to check with you tomorrow and try and make good the farcical *lmao* performance I have given you tonight *PMSL*:D

:cool: Wxxx

Well, Chezt after *hiccup* 3 glasses of shiraz I don't feel that I can *hiccup* dissect this situation to the best of my sober abilities SO I will endevour *lol* to check with you tomorrow and try and make good the farcical *lmao* performance I have given you tonight *PMSL*:D

:cool: Wxxx

PMSL! Yeah ok hunni ... I quite understand! You go sober up somewhere n come back when u are not under the influence! I can get myself into a pickle all by myself without taking advice from a pi**ed up, ageing, gun yielding woman with 'them' eyes! ;)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb

Consumer Credit Act 1974 s78 (1) Demand

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have written to you on several occasions in relation to my request for you to supply me with a true certified copy of the credit agreement under which this account is conducted. So far you have only provided a copy of a recently printed agreement which is not what I requested and does not comply with your duty under the the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

77 Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [£1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,-

(a) the total sum paid under the agreement to the debtor;

(b) the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the debtor but remains unpaid, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due; and

© the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the debtor, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date, or mode of determining the date, when each becomes due.

(2) If the creditor possesses insufficient information to enable him to ascertain the amounts and dates mentioned in subsection (1)©, he shall be taken to comply with that paragraph if his statement under subsection (1) gives the basis on which, under the regulated agreement, they would fail to be ascertained.

(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)-

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits and offence.

Consequently I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

Your company has now committed a criminal offence under Section 77 (4) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, summarily punishable by a Level 4 fine on the standard scale of up to £2500.

I remind you that a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and is therefore a complete defence to any court claim that is issued. Please take note that any legal action you may contemplate will be vigorously defended and contested.

I also contend that the money that you have obtained from me has been unlawful since you have not provided me with any documentation to prove the contrary, under common law you may not profit from an unlawful act.

I have also enclosed a statutory notice requesting that you cease processing any adverse data regarding the account to the CRAs. If you do not comply with this Statutory Notice within 21 days, I will be forced to take legal action.

Yours......

Now, this leaves it open. If you get a 'satisfactory' response from them then you can drop your claim if you wish. If you do not then you can amend your POCs to include the default and the total amount you have paid them to date (due to CCA s.77 non compliance)......this is how I understand it Chez but it will need approval.

Wxxx

Now, this leaves it open. If you get a 'satisfactory' response from them then you can drop your claim if you wish. If you do not then you can amend your POCs to include the default and the total amount you have paid them to date (due to CCA s.77 non compliance)......this is how I understand it Chez but it will need approval.

Wxxx

Cheers hunni ....ur an absolute star! Thanks (never thought to actually quote the act!)

Do you think your mate zoot would be able to do that? (approve it I mean) When I've been reading round I noticed her helping on a few cca issues ... what d'ya think?

I need to get on with the stat notice I started now then don't I? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb

Yes, I posted it earlier in the thread....didn't I?:confused: I can link it from the 'templates' section if you like?

The move is;

1. you stop paying them, 2. they cancel the debt and remove the default 3. they don't cancel the debt and don't remove the default (within the 21 days) then your POCs will have to be amended to include.....a) non-compliance with the stat notice and b) non compliance with CCA (but we can deal with that later on).

Get the letter and the stat notice in the post on monday and start counting!;)

That's my take on it but I'll certainly pm Zoot to ask her but I know that she's extremely busy with the erc claims....I'll try though.

Wxxx

P.s thank you for what you said in the CI thread, I'm ok now....over it!:oops:

Willow I've just looked back & you posted that a stat notice was not applicable as the debt was in place (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-491295.html) Presumably we now go down this route as I am disputing the debt as they've failed to provide the CA?

I've looked for the stat notice & obviously can't see for looking ... where the blimmin hell is it hiding? off for another look! :-?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Think I found it ...

Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

is it that?

:)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb

Yes that's right, the debt is unenforceable so therefore they shouldn't be processing your data. I've asked Zoot to have another look at your thread, I don't know when that will be as she's busy. It seems perfectly logical to me that when you write and tell them that you are stopping payments and no longer acknowledging the debt that you send a stat notice re the default.

Wxxx

Yes that's right, the debt is unenforceable so therefore they shouldn't be processing your data. I've asked Zoot to have another look at your thread, I don't know when that will be as she's busy. It seems perfectly logical to me that when you write and tell them that you are stopping payments and no longer acknowledging the debt that you send a stat notice re the default.

Wxxx

Cheers hunni - that actually makes sense to me now you explain it like that (oh my overloaded busy brain!)

I'll get the stat notice printed now then it's get wrapped up time for me n lil chufta n a trip to the PO!

Thanks hun Xx:)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Willow I've just been reading the stat notice (it is the S10 DPA notice yeah?)

Anyway, unless I'm mistaken I think I'll have to seriously change the wording on it to suit my situation - would you agree? For example it all reads very much as admitting/acknowledging I have an account/debt with the company and mentions a contract - as they have defaulted the CCA request I am saying there is NO contract so therefore I didn't oughta send a letter saying there is should I?

Do you think I may be just as well using the final paragraph of the stat & incorporating it into the letter informing them of the default? OR is it better kept in a seperate letter for clarity's sake?

Just when i thought I was getting there! :-?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest willowb

Before I get a slapped wrist, I am not quoting the templates I am quoting my post#66, when I originally quoted the stat notice it was in a sticky in the 'legalities' section of the forum:p

Whereas I have been a customer of x Bank plc and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998.

Therefore, take notice that I require that you cease from processing within twenty one days of the receipt by you of this Notice, or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of alleged defaults or contractual breaches or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which has been caused to date. And that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this Notice would violate both the Principles and Data Subject’s rights of The Data Protection Act 1998, to do so would be both unwarranted and unlawful.

I'll pm Zoot again, but as I understand it Chezt you are not denying that you ever had a contract with them when you request a CCA (otherwise why would you have ever paid them?) but you are exposing their inability to enforce the contract because they can't provide a copy of it....that's how I see it anyway. Can you pm Bookie or UK avatar to have a look for you Chezt? just in case Zoot is still busy;)

I'll catch you later, gotta bath the pixies:rolleyes:

Wxxx