Last signing on at Work Programme

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well today was the last signing on at the Work Programme at Jobcentre, got told by advisor who signed me on today, she said its going to get tough now that I have finished my 2 year work Programme and I have still not got a Job.

Got appointment on Tuesday 26th of November at 9.40am, this is called (Post work Programme Support) It's to help me get more support and it also states on the letter need to do more things to get me into work.

At the moment these what I do for Jobseeking:

1) Look on Jobsites from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.

2) Keep in touch with Job agencies 3 days a week.

3) Look in newspapers

4) Go around stores to see any vacancies mostly twice a week.

5) Send spec/cvs letters to companies.

There is only so much Job search I can do lol.

As I'm currently on the Post Work bit, all I can recommend is to take plenty evidence of your abilities to the meeting, ie a good CV and application letter, etc. Hopefully this might stop them trying to send you on useless CV-writing courses, or literacy courses if they can see that you're already up to scratch in this area. Also show plenty of jobsearch activity too and they may not ask you to do much more - with luck.

From what I've read here there seems to be no set pattern as to what they can ask you to do; some don't get asked to do much more than they're already doing while others seem to really get hit hard and have to do a hell of a lot more. Hopefully you'll get a sensible decent advisor who isn't a jobsworth or driven by targets.

Remember, according to the guidance everything they ask you to do must be 'reasonable in the client's circumstances' so if you can show them that you're already skilled in that area then you can argue that it's not beneficial for you to undergo further courses, etc.

I started my first Post Work interview by casually mentioning that I'd reported 3 previous clerks for rule violations and I showed the clerk my E-Book reader which had all the DWP guidance - including her job - on it so I could check anything she said. Luckily, she was a decent person so I've never had to use it...yet :)