Cap One Defend Saying They Have Paid In Full

LES VOGEL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I need some help on cap ones defense, let me explain the story so far- c/court case against C1- for £4200- they over a period have made offers from £580-1531, plus paying up my balance on my card of £850=£2381. so yesterday I got a cheque for 1531 with letter saying my account is closed, also letter saying their defense is now going to be "they have paid this claim in full" I got this defense when I got alloc/questionaire. which has been returned to court already. my question for all is "what I say" to the court in a minute when they ask why i'm continuing on with this claim? what wording please do I use. I have looked at letter to send C1 to say I will except the cheque as "first installment" toward the full amount of £4200 and will be sending that as soon as the cheque clears. so could anyone help with this please. cheers LES

HI

IF the full amount of your claim is £4200 and they have infact only paid total of £2381 you should send the template letter to accept as partial payment and state that you will continue with your claim to get the remainder.

Check by reading some other threads.

sorry just wondering how its such a high figure for a credit card? not doubting its validity but that seems to be a high figure to claim for

Capital One - Mastercard - Claiming £720

CLAIM PAID IN FULL 25/10/06 £878.94

Capital One - Visa - Claiming £473.70 and £565

CLAIM PAID IN FULL 21/11/06 603.49

2ND CLAIM PAID IN FULL 30/1/07 £565.00

NatWest - Claiming £720

CLAIM PAID IN FULL 18/10/06 £951.06

Halifax Part One - Claiming £958

Pre-Lim Sent 11/9/06

Offered £450 28/9/06 - Refused