ccj was originally stayed until further order

d33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i have just received cc j forms regarding overdraft which i originally contested due to huge amount of charges that were added on, at the time the banks were being investigated and my ccj application was put aside until judge was able to make decision, (as i understand it)

I didnt hear anything back, despite the banks apparently winning the case, but left it at that, until last week when i received these papers from another firm a dca who it would seem has bought the debt.

I need some advice about how i should defend this if i still can, is this application valid baring in mind the situation with the first application ? thanks

for the history

which thread do you already have here with any details passed in please that need p'haps merging

click you username and link them.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ok thanks. i rang northampton who said the case was sent back to my local court 1n 2008, i tried to ring them but couldnt get through hopefully i have more luck tomorrow morning !

Hi, just got through to the court, as i thought the original ccj application from 5 years ago is still on the system as 'stayed'. When i fill the forms in do i just mention this as a defence?

Hi i have read through this thread but i am unclear what procedure i should follow.

Do i fill in the paperwork using the defense that original application is still 'stayed ' quoting original case number etc (although it says not to mention case number just claimants).

do i need to mention all of the original defense history ie oft case, illegal bank charges or do i keep it short just mentioning the fact case is 'stayed'.

many thanks

I think you might need to refer to the original claim (with claim number etc).

What was the date of issue on this new claim because you will need to keep an eye on acknowledgement date etc.

I will ask andyorch to look in on you and advise.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So your timeline is..

Issue date 14th October + 5 days for service = 19th October + 14 days to acknowledge = 2nd November + 14 days to submit defence = 16 November..

Do you have a thread from the original claim ? If not, can you give us some more detail.

If you could let us know what the PoC said the first time round (the reason they were issuing the claim)

Your defence

Did you receive notice of the stay and why ?

This claim

What is says on the claim (the reason they are issuing)

Are the claimant and Solicitor the same crew ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I received a document from the county court in 2008 titled 'General Form of Judgement orOrder' says before District Judge.... etc, upon the courts motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. if you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or styed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The proceedings be stayed until further order

I spoke to the court a few days ago who confirmed the above, and nothing had proceeded since.

The original dispute was with my bank, who pretty much doubled my overdraft with bank charges , i used the oft case as a defence disputing the charges and how much i owed.

This debt has now been sold on to mkdp.

What i am unclear on is do i need to do a full defence, or just mention that originally it was stayed quoting case number.

Righto. Well IMHO, although please wait for those with more knowledge to confirm, my defence would be along the lines of..

This claim appears to be a duplicate of Claim number 12345678 issued by the claimant on DATE. That claim was stayed by Judge XX of XX County Court on DATE.

The original claimant has assigned the account to the current claimant.

It is the defendant's position that the Claimant should have applied in the correct manner to restore the original claim, and replace themselves as claimant. .

Is your position with your defence going to be the same ?

If this is a current account, then I do not think you are going to be able to use the Penalty charges !

BCOBS

Were you advised that the claim had been assigned and did you tell the new owner that there was a stayed claim ?

BCOBS

Have you informed mkdp that the debt is already subject to litigation d33?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

no i havent informed them should i write to them asking to withdraw as subject to litigation (been five years now). I have read throught the other thread you mentioned sounds similar case to mine

Edited by d33

Out of interest , it was said not to mention original case reference number , do i just mention original claimants dates etc? is there any particular reason for this?

I was referring to here on the open forum in that thread....ring them inform them tell them who the claimant is and claim number.......dont mention the fact that its been stayed for 5 years.:wink: