PCN Notice Grounds for appeal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently came back to my car to find I had a PCN contravention code "46 - Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)". I have 2 possible grounds for appeal.

Firstly, I was in a bay which normally allows parking when purchasing a teicket from a machine (which I did) but there was a temporary, flimsy "no waiting" sign attached to a nearby lamppost (which I did not spot). Does this count as stopping illegally under code 46 as it wasn't a red route or clearway?

Secondly, the temporary sign was high up on the lamppost and facing parallel to the road. Is this the correct way to display the sign? If not, do I have grounds for appeal?

I would be grateful if someone in the know could advise me.

Thank you

Could you give the location, so we can look at the bay on Google maps?

The address is Tennant Street Birmingham B15 on the south side of the road near to Stoke Way. There are temporary roadworks hence the dodgy, temporary no waiting sign. I should be able to get a pic tomorrow. J

Appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur. You were parked in a P&D bay and displaying a P&D ticket..

Tennant Street is neither a Red Route or a Clearway and there are no signs to that effect.

Don't bother mentioning the roadworks or temporary No Waiting sign as they are irrelevant to the alleged contravention.