Default still on credit file after 6 years - natwest bank account

MrSooty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was defaulted by NatWest around 2004 (Paid overdraft owed - didn't pay their excessive charges!).

No payments have been made since 2004, so should this default be removed?

Have read there is a possible 'complication' around whether Account has been closed?

I would have assumed that if you were in default, they would close it automatically!?

Should only be reported for 6 years MrSooty...they dont close accounts due to defaulting they may terminate it but the debt is still owing.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You need to find out from the CRAs why it is still there after 6 years and why the creditor is still reporting it...if no joy file a complaint with the ICO.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for quick response!

Do I need to do anything to get it 'removed' from my Credit File?

Does that mean my 'credit status' is normal - I don't have any other 'issues' and have been blemish free for several years!

What exactly shows on the CRA file? Which agency have you used? You will need to check all 3 main agencies.

I has been known for some entries to be removed from one agency but not others.

You will need to make a Formal Complaint to The Data Controller at NatWests Head Office.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: