McFarlane vs Lloyds TSB

Guest markmcf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest markmcf

Sent DPA letter re Current account on 7th April, awaiting reply.

Paprachute account now opened with another bank in case it is needed.

LBA ready for amount to be inserted.

Next to tackle is Lloyds Credit Card.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markmcf

DPA info received 28th April - out with the highlighter only done first 7 pages so far already adds up to £1,800!! in excess charges and returned dd charges.

Preliminary letter being sent ASAP.

• 3 months later...

Update on current position to date

Preliminary letter sent and standard refusal letter received back from Lloyds Customer Services

LBA Sent and final refusal received back from Lloyds.

Moneyclaim filed 3rd July 2006

Claim acknowledged by Sechiari Clark & Mitchell on 7th July 2006

Defence filed by SCM on 4th August 2006. Standard wording as seen on previous posts signed Alan Ingledew. They were cutting it close to 28 days.

Allocation questionaire received from court 7th August 2006.

Tempted to ring SCM tomorrow to inform them that I will be submitting AQ to court on 9th August and politely asking if their clients would consider settling before this is submitted.

Joint

Lloyds TSB - Settled £5,188.02 Day before Court date. 2nd claim for charges coming soon.

First Direct - Settled after prelim letter £423.50

Personal

Lloyds TSB Mastercard - Coming Soon

Barclaycard - Coming soon

GE Money - Coming soon

First Direct Mastercard - Coming soon

Wife's

Littlewoods Catalogue - Judgement by default (No defence submitted) £121. Cheque received.

GE Money - Coming soon

Sainsburys Bank Visa - Coming soon

Faxed Mr Thomas at SCM on 10th August as unable to get him on the phone. Basically stated that out of courtesy I was letting him know that I was planning to submit my AQ on 14th August unless Lloyds were in a position to settle the claim before this happened.

Just got off the phone to the elusive Mr Thomas who informs me he is sending a letter today offering full settlement.

Usual conditions attached to offer, all of which I am refusing except account review but only once refund has been received and then I will notify court that it is settled.

Looks like almost at the end of the road.

Thanks to all the information received from this site.

Joint

Lloyds TSB - Settled £5,188.02 Day before Court date. 2nd claim for charges coming soon.

Personal

GE Money - Coming soon

Wife's

Littlewoods Catalogue - Judgement by default (No defence submitted) £121. Cheque received.

GE Money - Coming soon

• 2 weeks later...

Further delays from Lloyds

Faxed SCM two days before latest date for AQ submission not accepting their initial offer as it did not include 8% interest including a copy of spreadsheet. Also asked that they include charges levied since original claim. If they don't want to then I intend to start a new claim for these. Informed them that was about to submit my AQ for which I would of course be claiming the fee back.

Spoke to Mr Thomas who said they had already filed their AQ and asked for a stay to negotiate settlement.

So have now filed my AQ and as yet still no word from SCM.

Court have told me it is before District Judge on Tuesday 29th for directions.

Joint

Personal

GE Money - Coming soon

Wife's

GE Money - Coming soon

• 3 weeks later...

Still awaiting District Judge to allocate case. Not managed for last two weeks due to workload. Hope the other cases are not all bank penalty charges!!

May get done tomorrow - fingers crossed.

Surprise, surprise, nothing from SC&M - so rang to enquire if any news and apparently they claim that they have not received any instructions from their clients following my rejection of their initial offer. Yeah right.

Joint

Personal

GE Money - Coming soon

Wife's

GE Money - Coming soon

• 2 months later...

Long overdue update!!

Needless to say heard nothing for ages then received notification of a stay ordered by District Judge as requested by SC&M on their AQ.

Kept contacting SC&M to ask what they wanted to discuss regarding settlement with absolutely no response to either telephone calls or faxes.

Sent a letter to court, with copy to SC&M, just before expiry of stay to inform court of their complete failure to enter into discussions. They confirmed I did not need to submit another AQ.

Now finally just received allocation letter from court with hearing date of 20 February 2007.

So much for getting any resolution before Xmas.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

Joint

Personal

GE Money - Coming soon

Wife's

GE Money - Coming soon

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck. I have just received a defence from Lloyds. I am about to fill in the Allocation questionnaire. So much in their defence re all being lawful and no breach of contract so their charges cannot be a penalty they say, consequently they say there is no requirement that the charge ber a pre-estimate of the bank's loss They say they give warning of charges being imposed. They say their charges are fair and reasonable, and deny that they are unlawful and they deny my claim. Well the fight goes on!

• 1 month later...

No communication at all recently from SC&M with court date due 20 February. Court bundles were delivered for 6 February.

Just checked the account online and there is an entry "Settlement of claim" £5188.02 paid in 13th February. Nothing received from SC&M including explanation of how they calculated this figure as it is less than the amount claimed.

Looks like I will be contacting them tomorrow to accept this as partial settlement and continuing with claim until they pay the remaining amount of the claim.

Joint

Personal

GE Money - Coming soon

Wife's

GE Money - Coming soon

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks