Arrow/Shoosmiths DFS in 2007, the finance was with GE money

stuggling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we purchased a 3 piece suite from DFS in 2007m, the finance was with GE money and we were upto date with it, then in 2008 we paid half the money owed on the account and then they never took anything else from the account, we contacted them on several occasions to try and make payments but they said they never had the account.

in 2010 we heard from Santander saying they now owe the account and the balance is £556.71 and full payment must be made, we contacted them stating we have not heard from GE money saying the finance had gone to them and to send full details of when they took over. We never heard anything.

today we got a letter from Arrow Global saying the debt was being transferred to Shoosmiths LLP Solicitors , and to pay them all monies owed, the last time a payment was made to GE money was in December 2008! and we have no made any payments since.

Are you in england or scotland?

Have you made any WRITTEN acknowledgement towards the amount owed since the last payment?

This debt has been sold on to arrow who dont care about the debtor. They just see the number on the spreadsheet and tell their computers to spam you until you give them money. perhaps send them a CCA agreement and see if they have the paperwork.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

the last time a payment was made to GE money was in December 2008

In England, never written to acknowledge debt.

It will be SB in December

what is a CCA letter please.

As your in England, the debt will be Statute Barred in 6 years time so it will be December 2014.

Your legally entitled for a copy of your Credit Agreement but because of the date of 2007, the law changed in the way in which copies are held so this will be nearly a formality unless you took the agreement out very early in 2007.

Send a £1 postal order to whoever is chasing you, the CCA template is in the Library section (top toolbar in Green).

They have 14 working days to respond to you (12 working days for service and 2 working days for postage).

When you get a response, please scan in, remove all personal identifiers and post up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you