Housing problems wondering about time frames?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been speaking with a housing officer and fell behind in arrears on my rent due to a mix up with my money.

Now I have has letters about this and paying money off the arrears. I get a claim in 6 weeks time and was going to pay the whole debt. That is not the only problem.

The housing association have recieved information that I am not living or using it as my main home due to the fact I sleep at my partners and she sleeps at my house??

What is a notice to quit??? How long would I have if a notice to quit is served? I'm getting worried about this

Edited by itsme123

A notice to quit means they want the property back from you,but this is only the 1st stage of a long process !

Could I suggest this thread be moved to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?65-Residential-and-Commercial-Lettings ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi itsme123

I am going to move your thread to the Residential and Commercial forum as I think you may get better advice for your issue their and I will leave a short redirect.

Its administrative so nothing for you to do.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

I have merged both your different threads on the same matter as it will make it easier for you to get advice and is better to keep to one thread on the same issue.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

A notice to quit means they want the property back from you,but this is only the 1st stage of a long process !

Could I suggest this thread be moved to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?65-Residential-and-Commercial-Lettings ?

How long is the process as I am wantin to try get to the 6 weeks mark to pay the balance when my claim

Is through??

Thanks

They haven't served me yet. I have rang the officer but he on holiday.

I would imagine it to be both maybe? Can you give time frames of either?

Thanks

Sorry,My humble apologies I missed read you post on NTQ.......

Have a read of this http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/eviction/eviction_of_housing_association_tenants

and see what fellow CAG user advice you.

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Sorry,My humble apologies I missed read you post on NTQ.......

Have a read of this http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/eviction/eviction_of_housing_association_tenants

and see what fellow CAG user advice you.

I have read I have had these warning notice of seek possesion letters but the officer dealing with my arrears has said I shouldn't worry about them as they are not that high for them to seek possesion.

Is it 28days I have from a NTQ? Is there any CAG users around?

So your HA served you Notice they intend to seek repossession after , which you received at least 28 days ago?

I am guessing this is a s21 Notice which requires min 2 month to expire before they can seek a repo order which could take a further 1 month+

What date did your T commence and how long was the erfixed term?

s21 is a 'no fault' repo so they don't have to give a reason. Why are you both staying in others' property every night?

Even with a Notice to seek repo, if you move out you are still required to serve due Notice.

The week before/after a Bank Holiday can be very quiet, so use the time to provide more info about your tenancy & Notice received, as requested.

So your HA served you Notice they intend to seek repossession after , which you received at least 28 days ago?

I am guessing this is a s21 Notice which requires min 2 month to expire before they can seek a repo order which could take a further 1 month+

What date did your T commence and how long was the erfixed term?

s21 is a 'no fault' repo so they don't have to give a reason. Why are you both staying in others' property every night?

Even with a Notice to seek repo, if you move out you are still required to serve due Notice.

The week before/after a Bank Holiday can be very quiet, so use the time to provide more info about your tenancy & Notice received, as requested.

I haven't been given a 28 day notice or nothing at as yet just a letter. Is it 28 days minimum before they can goto court?

Gives me time to sort out this claim

A s21, served during fixed term, can be just a formal letter, one served after fixed term has to contain certain legal info, hence we need to know details when T commenced etc and what you have actually received, exact complete wording without your name and address.

LLs cannot serve NTQs, only Notice of Intent to seek repo, which requires 2 months for expiry before they can go to Court.

Hopefully your Housing Officer may be back before that point is reached.

A s21, served during fixed term, can be just a formal letter, one served after fixed term has to contain certain legal info, hence we need to know details when T commenced etc and what you have actually received, exact complete wording without your name and address.

LLs cannot serve NTQs, only Notice of Intent to seek repo, which requires 2 months for expiry before they can go to Court.

Hopefully your Housing Officer may be back before that point is reached.

http://postimg.org/image/6kn20qb2b/

That is the letter.. So am wondering about notice to quit? My tennancy isn't a starter tennancy I don't think..

Hi itsme123

The first part of the letter sent to you is important as the housing association is of the belief that you are not residing at the property for whatever reason (you will need to confirm these reasons with them) and are taking action to confirm this and part of that is the sending of the letter you have received.

What they have sent you is the start of that process for the HA to confirm that you either do or do not reside at the property and if you do not confirm you do reside their they will continue action to legally obtain the property .

They have NOT actually served a 'Notice to Quit' yet but confirm that you must contact them to confirm you are residing at the property and want to continue your tenancy.

If you do not contact the housing association to confirm this the next course of action they will take is by way of them serving a Notice to Quit (remember this will only happen if you do not confirm with HA you live at property).

So importantly you must contact the housing association and confirm that you live at the property as a matter of urgency, and also ask why you have been sent such a letter.

Hi itsme123

The first part of the letter sent to you is important as the housing association is of the belief that you are not residing at the property for whatever reason (you will need to confirm these reasons with them) and are taking action to confirm this and part of that is the sending of the letter you have received.

What they have sent you is the start of that process for the HA to confirm that you either do or do not reside at the property and if you do not confirm you do reside their they will continue action to legally obtain the property .

They have NOT actually served a 'Notice to Quit' yet but confirm that you must contact them to confirm you are residing at the property and want to continue your tenancy.

If you do not contact the housing association to confirm this the next course of action they will take is by way of them serving a Notice to Quit (remember this will only happen if you do not confirm with HA you live at property).

So importantly you must contact the housing association and confirm that you live at the property as a matter of urgency, and also ask why you have been sent such a letter.

I have phoned up the HA and the officer is away they should note this though. I said that of course I live there but stop at my girlfriends a few nights a week which is understandable as she cannot sleep at my house as she has a 3 year old son..

I think the reason is that this was served is a housing officer come round to my partners house on the 22nd August when I slept and said about how it would affect her which she was actually my old housing officer also. On the 23rd of August the letter was issued which is strange so I am guessing and highly think that this is defonatly the case of how it has come about..

What will the housing officer want to do? I am going to Blackpool for 2 weeks on Saturday so was thinking should I write a letter addressed to the officer as he was on holiday explaining that I am there and back it up aswell as speaking to his college on the phone?

I mean I can guarantee that I am not the only man that rents a property and sleeps out at a partners a few nights a week..

What will he do once I have confirmed this in writing?

Thanks for your help

Sorry, crystal ball is cloudy and unlikely to get clearer without sight of Council correspondence (personal ID removed)

Your OP made it appear you and girlfriend had swapped properties.

Do NOT telephone, put everything in writing and keep copies

Your account is inconsistent, first you had g/f staying occ with you and vice versa, now you suggest you stay at hers occ, as she cannot sleep at yours because of 3 year old son Fair do, but how often a week do you sleep at hers and vice versa?

If either of you are on HB etc, the Council could be watching!

There is a shortage of Council housing, esp 1 & 2 beds, so with your unpaid arrears etc they could be looking for any excuse to evict and free your property for more deserving Ts

Harsh but poss true

Do not speak to them on the telephone (unless you can record the call) about this you must put this in writing as you need to keep a good paper trail (always get proof of posting) if you hand deliver the letter ensure you ask for a receipt.

Do not speak to them on the telephone (unless you can record the call) about this you must put this in writing as you need to keep a good paper trail (always get proof of posting) if you hand deliver the letter ensure you ask for a receipt.

Ok so what's the steps after I send them a letter? Home visit? This is out of order and looking into my privacy I'm thinking. the cheek of the letter then wanting to come into my home.. Twice a week I stay sometimes a third night MAX

probably more concerned about rent arrears, so concentrate on that.

Home visits are quite normal, every LL does that.

Rent arrears are fine now. I have something In place. But you think that now some housing officer can say that I'm not living there then want to think they can turn up and walk around my house my private space? Have to wait and see.

Post #18 gives the real reason behind the letter OP received.

The housing officer visited his girlfriend on a night he was staying there and made the deduction that he was living with her. This impacts a) whether or not he's living in his own home as his main or only residence (the requirement of social housing), and b) whether he's living with her and contributing.

OP are both you and your girlfriend receiving benefits of any kind?

I have phoned up the HA and the officer is away they should note this though. I said that of course I live there but stop at my girlfriends a few nights a week which is understandable as she cannot sleep at my house as she has a 3 year old son..

I think the reason is that this was served is a housing officer come round to my partners house on the 22nd August when I slept and said about how it would affect her which she was actually my old housing officer also. On the 23rd of August the letter was issued which is strange so I am guessing and highly think that this is defonatly the case of how it has come about..

What will the housing officer want to do? I am going to Blackpool for 2 weeks on Saturday so was thinking should I write a letter addressed to the officer as he was on holiday explaining that I am there and back it up aswell as speaking to his college on the phone?

I mean I can guarantee that I am not the only man that rents a property and sleeps out at a partners a few nights a week..

What will he do once I have confirmed this in writing?

Thanks for your help

You asked CAG user for advice about rent arrears and now your telling us your going away for 2 weeks holiday this Saturday............

Housing problems (Roof over your head) is more Important to sort out than your Holidays !

You need to get your priorities right................

Edited by 45002