• Tweets

• Not really. I just wrote it based upon my credit file data with screenshots and stuff.  Also referring to multiple data points. You need to read before sending or writing it.    I have plenty of experience in this stuff so takes me half hour to write something like this. For you itll take an afternoon probably. An additional day with it on your CRA wont cause a problem.     Reference Material; ICO Credit File Guide - https://ico.org.uk/media/your-data-matters/documents/1282/credit-explained-dp- guidance.pdf ICO Main Page For Credit - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/ CMF Limitation Act 1980 - https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/the-limitation-act-1980-and-debt-time-limits.htm Gov Limitations Act 1980 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/2023-11-18 (Latest Version) Transunion 6 Years - https://www.transunion.co.uk/consumer/credit-report-help/how-long-does-information-stay-on-my-credit-report-for Equifax 6 Years - https://help.equifax.co.uk/EquifaxOnlineHelp/s/article/Howlongdoesadefaultedorsettledaccountstayinmyreport Experian 6 Years - https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/guides/defaults.html#:~:text=A default will stay on,you still%20owe%20them%20money
    • Thanks fkofilee , by any chance is there a templete for guidance that i could use to help me write the complaint?
    • Hi everyone,  There were many topics on this issue in the past. May I please have an update if anyone managed to buy or sell the house with the leasehold air space on it? would the bank lend the mortgage?  If I was not informed about the complications when selling the house. instead, they told me that this would add value to the house and sell faster which is the opposite. Can I file the case and dispute it for mis-sold and misrepresentation?  I am in the year 9th and I was not aware of the issue until I wanted to sell my house. There has been no communication since I signed the contract. The company has never contacted or updated me on how much energy the panels generated how much I used etc.    This is a free panel from the government schemes, run by  Freetricity.   Thank you   
    • All together.   
    • should i copy them in the same email or seperatley ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Housing Association liability for damage to Tenant Property and Rights of Access

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum although I have been reading here for some time, I am hoping somebody could give me some advice on some issues I am having with my landlord.

I am a Housing Association Tenant with an assured tenancy. In May of this year the roof began leaking water into the flats above me and then into the electrical cupboard which is adjacent to my flat. This issue was reported but nothing was done until I made a complaint regarding the matter and then two months later a scaffolding appeared and we were informed that the problem had been fixed.

However, following some days of heavy rain in August the roof began leaking again and this time came through into my flat, ruining my carpet, a rug and the paintwork on the walls (all of which are my personal property). I made a complaint regarding this matter and in the mean time I consulted a solicitor, who advised that I should disregard their complaints procedure and write to their chief executive and asking him to provide compensation for the damage. However, my landlord has responded to my complaint by saying that I should claim on my own contents insurance (which I do not have) and but if I do not have contents insurance I must submit a claim to my their insurers accompanied by quotes for replacements and they may consider my claim. I would just like to get peoples opinions on whether I should play ball with the insurers or whether I should contact the CEO as per the solicitors advice.

Also my second question is, am I entitled to refuse access to one of my landlords agents? I do not wish to deny my landlord (the Association) access but there is just one of their employees that I am not comfortable dealing with due to their past conduct and attitude towards me and I just do not want them either in my home or contacting me. How does the law stand on this matter?

I would like to thank everybody in advance for taking the time to read/respond to my thread.

I will try and find someone who can help :)

I am sure there will be caggers looking in later today, if not, then Shelter might be able to advise.

Ring 0808 800 4444

8am-8pm Monday-Friday

8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday

Calls are free from UK landlines and main

mobile networks (Vodafone, O2, EE and

Virgin Mobile).

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/how_we_can_help/housing_advice_helpline

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

Similar to an issue I had years ago. What I was told was if any issue was known about previously and the repair work was not done OR not repaired properly, the (council who I was with) housing association are liable.

Claiming on your own insurance (if you had it) would bump up your premiums the next year.

With council complaints there are three stages of complaint before you can go to the Housing Ombudsman but I do not know of the procedure with Housing Associations.

If you do write to the CEO(I would), mark it as a complaint. The chances are he/she will pass it down to the minions who 'may' act

With regard to the employee, you could state the reasons why you do not want this person anywhere near you and they may help. If this person does turn up, you could secretly record them if the attitude is poor.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Without your own contents insurance your options are limited IMO.

Even if you had contents insurance, your Insurer would have chased the building Insurer for your consequential loss caused by defective roof repair. The HA has offered you direct access to their Insurer.

The only alternative is to seek recompense through the Courts.

Also did HA undertake an electrical safety check after the leak in May?

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Regarding electrical safety, I am not sure if any check was carried out. If it was I haven't been told about it. I did question the safety of the electrics and did ask them to commit their advice to writing back in May, which they have avoided doing, without outright refusing. Their verbal advice was in a nutshell "Don't worry about it, the RCD will just trip the electrics off if the water causes any problems"

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum although I have been reading here for some time, I am hoping somebody could give me some advice on some issues I am having with my landlord.

I am a Housing Association Tenant with an assured tenancy. In May of this year the roof began leaking water into the flats above me and then into the electrical cupboard which is adjacent to my flat. This issue was reported but nothing was done until I made a complaint regarding the matter and then two months later a scaffolding appeared and we were informed that the problem had been fixed.

However, following some days of heavy rain in August the roof began leaking again and this time came through into my flat, ruining my carpet, a rug and the paintwork on the walls (all of which are my personal property). I made a complaint regarding this matter and in the mean time I consulted a solicitor, who advised that I should disregard their complaints procedure and write to their chief executive and asking him to provide compensation for the damage. However, my landlord has responded to my complaint by saying that I should claim on my own contents insurance (which I do not have) and but if I do not have contents insurance I must submit a claim to my their insurers accompanied by quotes for replacements and they may consider my claim. I would just like to get peoples opinions on whether I should play ball with the insurers or whether I should contact the CEO as per the solicitors advice.

Also my second question is, am I entitled to refuse access to one of my landlords agents? I do not wish to deny my landlord (the Association) access but there is just one of their employees that I am not comfortable dealing with due to their past conduct and attitude towards me and I just do not want them either in my home or contacting me. How does the law stand on this matter?

I would like to thank everybody in advance for taking the time to read/respond to my thread.

Yes,it's your home in the end and you don't have to let every Tom,Dick or Harry in !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Regarding electrical safety, I am not sure if any check was carried out. If it was I haven't been told about it. I did question the safety of the electrics and did ask them to commit their advice to writing back in May, which they have avoided doing, without outright refusing. Their verbal advice was in a nutshell "Don't worry about it, the RCD will just trip the electrics off if the water causes any problems"

You could write to them and ask the question - you could make it a formal complaint to which they have 8 weeks to respond.

I think their verbal statement was quite shocking (no pun intended).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You could write to them and ask the question - you could make it a formal complaint to which they have 8 weeks to respond.

I think their verbal statement was quite shocking (no pun intended).

I see what you did there :)

I already did this, they responded by confirming that it was "Not the standard of advice we would normally give" but made no mention of what the advice would normally be. I have asked them what their "standard of advice " would be usually and it seems they have to check with somebody else before they can tell me and I've still got no response.

Hi TheUnknownSoldier

You have had some great advice so far, now it is irrelevant whether you had contents insurance or not (it would have been better but as advise they would only end up approaching the housing association for its own insurance to deal with)

You need to follow the Housing Associations Complaints Procedure and write a Formal Complaint making sure the letter is titled Formal Complaint. (always keep a copy for your records and always get proof of posting). Once you have exhausted this process and if still unhappy you can then complain to the Housing Ombudsman.

As the water leak penetrating from the roof was previously reported penetrating the flat above and the electrical cupboard adjacent to your flat. Which was reported to the housing association who only took action after you had to make a complaint about the inaction and safety concerns as the water was penetrating the electrical cupboard did the housing association take action.

Some two months after reporting these issue did the housing association contractor start work on the roof to repair the problems or so it seemed, as some weeks after these repairs were either not carried out with due care or not completed the exact same issue occurred again except the water penetration was considerably worse penetrating the flat above and your flat with considerable damage to personal contents.

As these personal contents were damaged after the previous water penetration via a roof leak that was meant to be repaired by the housing association in the first place hold the housing association fully liable for the damage caused to my contents.

You refute the housing associations claim that you should go through your own contents insurance as the roof repair carried out by their contractor should have prevented any further water penetration to the building which it did not causing further damage to the association properties and damage to tenants own personal contents.

This also raises the issue of your tenant’s health & safety also being put at risk due to this leak water was penetrating an electrical cupboard which could have had serious consequences for the association’s tenants.

Again the association’s staff was informed of this concern with water getting into this electrical cupboard and the response to safety from a member of your staff was to inform me.

“Don't worry about it, the RCD will just trip the electrics off if the water causes any problems”.

To that end you require the following:

1. Copy of Complaints Procedure.

2. Copy of the roof repair work carried out to the Roof on both occasions and contractors details.

3. Copy of the Electrical Inspection carried out on the Electrical Cupboard adjacent to your flat due to the roof leak and water penetrating that electrical cupboard.

4. Copy of the surveyors report on the roof.

5. Copy of what work was take to remove any water build up in the attic area of the roof.

6. Copy of what priority the roof repairs on both occasions were classed as.

7. Copy of the Right to Repair.

8. Housing Ombudsman full contact details

• Haha 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Get quotes for all the damage and replacements and send copies to your HA. Tell them that you either want compensation to pay for everything within 7 days or you will be contacting a solicitor with a view to making a claim on their public liability insurance.

Include the cost of phone calls and letters plus, if you work, any lost wages.l

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

your more than welcome glad CAG could be of help to you and please keep us updated.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how you got on with your issue?