Eviction Pending arrears paid

Trader55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can put my mind at rest. I have a suspended possession order which was granted by the court last year. Due to my wife's deteriorating illness and being self employed payments were erratic and became 3 months in arrears.

I received a phone call from Paratus-Amc advising the were going to enforce the possession. Due to major a change in my circumstances I advised the I would be able to clear all arrears by end of August (just over £9000) and also meet this months mortgage payment of £581 and all future payments on the due dates.

I was told by the lady I am dealing with that if I did that by the end of this month no further action would be taken. To date I have paid £8000 but on arriving home from work today received a letter from their solicitors dated yesterday advising that bailiffs had been instructed to evict on the 13th September.

What action should I take obviously I cannot speak to anyone before Tuesday.

Any advice would be welcomed.

If there are no arrears then there can be no eviction. Obviously you need to speak to them on Tuesday - is there an email address on the solicitors letter? you could send an email adivising of the arrears being paid so they will see it on Tuesday morning, you can also email Paratus at the same time (click the "payment difficulties" on their site and there is an email address for the credit management dept) . Would you be able to scan and affix proof of the payment to the email?

Let us know what happens when you speak to them on Tuesday.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you for the advice and reassurance. I was reasonably sure that this was just a process that would be stopped on payment of arrears but that until I had cleared the whole amount their solicitors would carry on as instructed. I have the balance available in my bank but although I left two messages on the answer phone of my contact a Paratus on both Thursday and Friday no one rang me back with a final settlement figure. I will ensure I obtain that and pay the balance first thing Tuesday morning and then email solicitors with payment dates and amounts copying Paratus into the email.

I will update you on result on Tuesday

Final question. Once I have cleared the arrears can I get the suspended possession order removed?

Once again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Hi, once you have paid the arrears in full you need to maintain a regular payment history for at least 6 months, preferably more - before you can apply to have the SPO removed.

Make sure Paratus confirm in writing that they will stop the eviction instruction to their solicitors.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I am pleased to advise that emails have been received from both mortgage company and their solicitors that the Warrant has been withdrawn and that a confirmation letter is in the post. I will still check with the Court tomorrow to confirm it has been withdrawn (no nasty surprises!!!)

Once again thank you for you help and advice.

That's good news - hope all goes well for you from now on :)