Claiming Back Fees and Additional Interest On A GE Mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I have just started putting together all my bits and pieces to start a claim with GE to have my admin charges, etc refunded back to me. I have had them send me a full statement covering the six years of the mortgage and have just calculated the fees alone (over GBP3,000). I have some questions that I would be so grateful for some help with...

1. Do I need to send off for a SAR even though I have this statement? If so, what do I do with all the SAR info when I get it?

2. How do I claim back the additional interest charges as they're almost as much as the charges themselves?

3. Exactly which template letters should I be using in order to make this claim? I followed the links I saw in similar threads but got quite confused when I got to the actual links.

Sorry for posting a thread that I know you've probably seen a bunch of times before. I really do appreciate any and all help you could give me!!!

Rebecca

You can claim back the charges as they are an unlawful penalty.

You can use this spreadsheet to calculate the amount of your claim

CISheet v101.xls

Just follow the instructions in the notes tab. The interest rate to use is the rate they were charging you on the account.

There is a letter that you can use for reclaiming on a mortgage...give me a mo and I'll go and find it.

Be right back

Edited by ims21
spelling

My goodness! Thank you so, so much for that! I shall put all of this together in the morning and send it off! I shall definitely let you know how it goes! Thanks again and I hope you have a great weekend. R

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I finally got a response from GE today. I originally asked them to refund me 4,245.67. They've offered me a refund of 1,565.55. This seems like a very low counter offer. Should I accept and take what I can get or should I take further steps to try for more? I've now sold the house and closed out the loan. There was a fee of over 800 connected with the payout as well. These fees all seem incredibly high.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Rebecca