Unknown CC added to credit account on Equifax...please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But theres something I don't get....My cap one account details are still the same on all three cra's... but I applied and was given an aqua card in nov 2011, but I hadn't used it, and hadn't even activated it....but rang them to cancel it and close the account. Since then until now, it was ' settled' then NOW its active again according to Equifax!! but how can it be active for card I never activated or used?

A complaint to the Data Controller Capone is the way forward, my guess is that the appropriate department was not informed that the account had been closed, probably because this was not done in writing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

D'oh ! Thank goodness the OP started this thread so we Capital One / Aqua/Marbles customers had a clue what sort of cock up had been made.

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone to customer services at Capital One making the point that it is unlawful for irrelevant personal data to be transacted and stored the way this has been done. Believe it or not, they now call themselves "Customer Relations" like they have some discretion in the development of Customer Relations management !

I was initially given a load of flannel telling me that there had been a change of our account numbers internally to make the card company's databases more secure for our benefit with the suggestion there was nothing to worry about.

Then a supervisor tried to repeat the flannel and then tell me that actually it was Equifax who mishandled the changes and Equifax who would be sending us all a letter to explain and he was oh so surprised I hadn't yet received it! By then I had Googled and found this thread using BHAP0042 which is more or less a Googlewhack at the moment! So I was able to dictate the pace.

I had to remind him that it was inappropriate for one party in a partnership like this i.e. between a bank and their CRA partner to blame the other especially when the unusual action that triggered the debacle was initiated at the bank.

I have told Capital One that I expect the cost of my phone call to be refunded and the request was understood and noted but they could not even authorise a couple of quid or whatever it costs to call an 01159 number midday at the weekend. That would necessitate a callback from another department.

Luckily I think my evening and weekend calls free package might actually have saved the cost of the call, but I could well do without the worry of identity theft that was bugging me to call them in the first place, or then the time to explain (in the public good) that this kind of cock up is wholly unacceptable in a way they would wish they'd never made it ...

Bloody banks / CRAs ... I am sure they set out to make a mess sometimes when things are too quiet ... disaster capitalism I think it's called?

I have noticed that this is the same as my old Aqua credit Card that I closed down a few years ago..

and now it has been taken over by

Progressive Credit Limited

so I would contact them as I will..

why have they opened a new credit agreement when I have closed this account !!!

Contact us about aqua

By telephone:

• You can contact aqua by calling 0845 601 0436.
  • If you are calling from abroad, please call +44 113 244 8986

By post:

• If you would prefer to contact us by post, please write to:
  • aqua Customer Services
    PO Box 173
    Sheffield
    S98 1JW

ALL OPUS/ MARBLES/ Aqua Cards are now in the hands of Progressive Credit those customers have supposedly been advised.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ALL OPUS/ MARBLES/ Aqua Cards are now in the hands of Progressive Credit those customers have supposedly been advised.

yes thats what i stated in my previous reply.

But why has this been updated when my aqua card has been closed down a few years ago?

Yes, well my capital one has gone from Experian but still showing on equifax.... My Aqua is still showing settled on Experian, but active...open..,and up to date on Equifax.

Found information on lender called SavCredit....emailed them but no response as of yet.

Hi here is Aqua contact details use the 0113 244 8996 local number !

it should be free from call allowance if you have a mobile

Contact us about aqua

By telephone:

• You can contact aqua by calling 0845 601 0436.
  • If you are calling from abroad, please call +44 113 244 8986

By post:

• If you would prefer to contact us by post, please write to:
  • aqua Customer Services
    PO Box 173
    Sheffield
    S98 1JW

There is a 'rationalisation' of account ID going on it seems.

what does that mean Brigadier?

The in house systems it seems are being changed.

• 4 months later...

I have the same with Capital one on my equifax report, in an entry dated 2/8/2013. I called them this evening to ask for an explanation, and they also told me that they were changing the account numbers so that the account number that is visible on the credit report is not the same as my 16 digit card number.

I explained three times that I was not convinced by this because the previous one that it changed from is not the same anyway! As their fourth attempt began, I interrupted and asked to speak to someone else.

The manager came on the line and accepted that their justification was inadequate (once I'd explained the fault with it just twice this time), and I'm now in the queue for a call back by 9am on Monday from their English manager. I shall look forward to a better explanation from them!

Edited by richardcw
Clarification of post