• Tweets

• do a chargeback to your bank if temu want it back then they'll write and ask for it. 9/10 they dont bother. dx
    • No reminders are required by law. As a result of that, whether the police say they sent one or not, whether they actually did so or not and whether you received it or not has no bearing on the matter whatsoever.  I have explained what to do in the third paragraph of my post #22. You don't need to do any more than that. The most likely outcome is that your offer (to plead guilty to speeding if the FtP charge is dropped) will be accepted by the prosecutor. What happens next is for the court to decide. This "deal" is done every day in courts up and down the land and all court users (prosecutors, Magistrates and their legal advisors) are familiar with it.  Although I said you could not ask to be sentenced at the fixed penalty level, that was incorrect. There is nothing to stop you asking (and if you do, you should mention it under "Mitigation" when you fill in your return). You can mention the circumstances you were in when you returned the request for driver's details and suggest that is why the error with the stamp may have occurred.  My feeling, however, is that your request will be denied. If it is, you will face sentencing under the normal guidelines. These suggest a fine of half a week's net income (reduced by a third for your guilty plea.- so one third of a week's income). You will also be ordered to pay a "Victim Surcharge" of 40% of the fine and prosecution costs of around £90. You will also have three points imposed on your driving record. You may be lucky and encounter a kindly Magistrate who settles on the fixed penalty equivalent or you may see something in between (with perhaps the prosecution costs left off). But the worst case is as in the previous paragraph. There's no need to fret too much over this. The important thing is to make sure you plead not guilty to both charges and make it absolutely clear that you will plead guilty to speeding only if the other charge is dropped. You may be asked to attend court or it may be handled under the SJ procedure. I don't know how they work this matter in South Wales.
    • The problem that I'm having is with Temu. I ordered a cat tree (£152.98) that I want to send back as it's too small for them/not as advertised/flimsy. I would never have paid that amount if I'd known what poor quality/ how small it was. I have contacted Temu about this numerous times, they did get back to me once but they didn't actually help me with their response. I tried to get in touch again but the emails only ran one way so I couldn't get back to them and tell them that they haven't answered me correctly on how to get the cat tree sent back to them. I have attached the emails correspondence into this post. Thank you in advance for the help and support.    Temu email.pdf
    • Stu007. Many thanks for your reply. They have supplied all the necessary documents so it looks like everything is above board.  Many thanks for the link, once again everything seems above board.  I have received a second claim form today as it says the one they sent me did not refer to my tenancy. Ill look at the details later   I have filled out the defence form, took pics, i will redact it later and post the pdf.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mo v Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

mo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi mo .i havent heard from courts so rang them this morning and they said its not in there system but i took them in a wk ago ,but they said they would look into it and get back to me this afternoon ,so now im thinking if it hasnt been filed yet then i dont think i,ll see it this side of xmas ,now im really fed up ,but hey if you get yours could you send me a turkey leg lol

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked your account today Mo?

Money will land any minute.............Now!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Hi Mo

I'm a couple of days behind you. They have until 27th November to acknowledge. I phoned the court the other day but nothing yet. I really hope it comes soon. Already spent it, nice chrissy pressies, travel brochures etc.

Hope you hear soon and good luck.

Lynnette:)

I was checking hourly the week my mcol went in........it paid off one fine friday at about two pm. Don't stress you WILL get it!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

I am just as stressed as you, halifax had untill today to acknowledge so I rang them last week. they had to get the claim faxed to them coz they hadnt received it. I rang them on tues and they assured me they had filed an acknowledgement that day ( tues). I rang the court today and they haved logged it yet but they are 9 days behind with all their paperwork!!!!

*Hayley*;)

Hiya Mo

It does seem to be taking forever, but try & keep calm, & try not to worry to much, I think the banks are so over worked with all the claims that are flooding in, they are a little behind, but you are hours away from getting your money. have you checked your account today? go check it, then check again after 6pm tonight, mine went in after 5pm with 2 days to go, so Im guessing/praying/willing(lol) yours to do the same. I told you the waiting was the worst part & I think everyone else would agree, but its just about over...& I need that Vodka & Coke lol might need a double...

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

I am very impatient and I rang last week, sent an e-mail on monday and rang them on tues untill they finally told me that they had acknowledged my claim. Ring if it will put your mind at ease. I found them very helpful, not like normal halifax staff, lol!!!!!

*Hayley*;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

hiya everyone,i dont believe it,ive been paid,today,yipeeee,i never thought i would get this money back,and i never would have without all the support off here,especially angie,could someone please make it say title mo won,ive waited a long time to see that,if anyone is reading this and unsure if to go ahead or not with there claim id like to say go for it cos if a muppett like me can do it anyone can lol thanks everyone..

Well done Mo

All 3 of my claims have been acknowledged on the 23rd, 24th and 27th but not heard anything as yet. I've got a horrid feeling that it's not going to be as easy for me as nothing ever is.

Again well done and enjoy it.

Lynnette

CONGRATULATIONS:)

Son v Halifax settled in full £292

Another son v Halifax settled in full £30

Bigmama59 v NatWest settled in full £4739.69:)

Son v Halifax 2nd claim settled in full £130

Bigmama v Halifax settled in full £1125

Hiya Mo

Ohhh my Ohhh what Great News

See We told you didnt we? YES we did

Over the Moon For You

email of the way lol

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks