• Tweets

• Thank you honeybee if you would my head is mashed now. You guys our savers.  H
    • You can edit the answers to be in red or would you like me to do it? HB
    • Apologies dx100uk  I did not put the answers in red  Thank you all for your patience. H
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton  Name of the Claimant ? Overdales solicitors  How many defendant's  joint or self ?  Self Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  13 may 2024 What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? the claim is for the sum of £6163.61due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for hsbc uk bank plc. Account 4546384809766042. The defendant faild to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s 87(1)  of the consumer credit act 1974 which as not been compiled with. The dbt was legally assigned to the Claimant on 23/08/23, notice on which as been given to the defendant.  The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £117.53 the Claimant claims the sum of £6281.14. Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?   Not to my knowledge. Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  No Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  Online but it was for a smaller amount they kept on increasing this with me asking Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  It was assigned to a debt collection agency  Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  Yes I also made offers to pay original creditor a smaller amount but was not replied to Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant and got a less paid job I also spent some time on furlough during covid and spent some 3 months on ssp off work. What was the date of your last payment?  May 2021 Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes at the time I communicated with all my creditor's that I was running out of funds to pay the original agreements once my redundancy money ran out that was when my accounts defaulted. I then wrote to all my creditor's with pro rata offers of payments but debt collectors took over the accounts.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capital one old credit card debt - currently still paying lowell £1PCM since 2006

w1n3pd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to update on the Capital One CCA response. I just received the following letter together with the signed copy of the agreement.

As this doesn't appear on my credit file any more, I shall treat it in the similar way as I have been advised for my DLC Case unless I receive a different advice from you guys.

Please see the attached for the letter I received.

As always, grateful for the advice.

can we see the agreement please?

when you attach stuff

please PDF it first

if you cant read your attachments, neither can we!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, Thank you for the response. Sorry about the files, I thought they were readable. I am not at home for this week, upon my return would update you with good quality pdfs. I am grateful for your help as always.

have a good time!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello There,

Since my last update I have received reply to CCA in two instalments, all of them are in the pdf attached. Please note that there is no mention of £1 payment that I have been giving to them. And when I last checked these do not appear on my credit file.

So far I have received the following;

1) signed copy of the contract - attached

2) T&C at the inception date - not attached as it is almost the same as default T&C which are attached

3) T&C at default - attached but no date of default is given

4) Statements of important transaction with corresponding letter of notification - attached

As there were too many pages it is possible that I might have not been able to see my personal details on some, if you spot any personal details kindly let me know so that I could take them off. Thanks.

I remain as ever grateful for your help and guidance.

Edited by w1n3pd
personal info omission

Hi there,

Firstly you need to delete the figure on the send page of the letter.

What they have sent is an application form, not a properly regulated Credit Agreement.

I cannot read the paragraph at the bottom.

Is there any reference in it to T&Cs that you must read before you sign it?

Any reference to any conditions shown overleaf?

The Prescribed terms - interest rates, payment details, anything like that?

Thank you for your reply. I am grateful for this. I shall try to answer all the questions.

Hi there,

Firstly you need to delete the figure on the send page of the letter.

Could you please tell me which page number are you referring to? and which figure? Sorry!

Is there any reference in it to T&Cs that you must read before you sign it?

Any reference to any conditions shown overleaf?

The Prescribed terms - interest rates, payment details, anything like that?

Yes in the last paragraph there is reference to see overleaf under the heading of your marketing and heading. and it specifically refers to the agreement paragraph 23. My understanding is that perhaps the agreement was sent out together with the application form.

Edited by w1n3pd

Yes, it says to refer to para 23 overleaf.

I shall get rid of that figure. But as you shall see I have posted in 14 pages in total that include statements as well. Should I get rid of all the figures which would mean removing all of statement pages?

Thanking you as always.

I apologise for not being clear. I have given it a second go with hopefully better quality, please see the attached. I have however typed the last paragraph as you said below.

Your information and marketing. important: please read ‘use of information’ overleaf (section 23 of the agreement) which sets out how your information will be used. By signing this application, you agree that information about you may be used like this, regardless of whether or not your application is accepted. One of the ways your information will be used is to send you information or phone you about other products or services offered by capital one or other companies. Your name, address and phone number may be given to those other companies for that purpose. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, please tick this box.

Did you total up all the charges? Sorry if you have answered this earlier.

Please dont be. You are the one who is helping me. I should be grateful for your time.

I HAVE JUST RECONCILED THE INS AND OUTS AND FOUND OUT THAT

1) extra charges including interest payment have been of £120.

2) there are many recurring transactions such as direct debit received and then subsequently reversed. same thing happened to late payment fee and then those fees have been reversed. The idea was to prolong it as much as they can so that it goes above credit limit which would allow them to charge three charges on recurring basis, over limit charge, late payment and interest charges. The confusing bit is why have they been charging in the beginning and then subsequently cancelling just to keep on adding the interest payments. Please see the last pages of the above pdf for statements.

I'm very confused by that too. :???:

However, what is obvious is that the credit agreement clearly was not in force at the time you signed the Application form, because paragraph 23 just refers to English Law.

I would write back and say that there is no connection whatsoever between your Application Form and what they allege is your credit agreement which does not even have a place for your signature and is therefore, of course, unsigned by you.

Then refer to them to the Waksman judgement in Carey v HSBC, paragraph 234 (4) which states that where an agreement has been varied a copy of the original agreement must be supplied.

Then tell them that under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR 2008) they have an obligation to let you know if they hold, or have ever held, an original signed credit agreement for this alleged account and if they hold no such agreement they are equally obliged to inform you.

Also say that it is clear they have sent a document which you can prove is not the original agreement in a deliberate attempt to mislead and obtain money to which they are not legally entitled.

That should give them something to think about.

I have just finished writing them the email with the following letter. They have replied by posts to my emails in the past.

Thank you for the recent letter I acknowledge the receipt of it. I have gone through the particulars and am yet to find all the relevant documents that I must receive in response to my CCA request under s77/78.

What you claim is an agreement is actually an application form and that there is no connection whatsoever between the Application Form and what you allege is my credit agreement which does not even have a place for my signature and is therefore, of course, unsigned by me. Furthermore the paragraph 23 on the application form that it refers to is a completely different paragraph on the alleged T&C at inception.

I would like to draw your attention to Waksman judgement in Carey v HSBC, paragraph 234 (4) which states that where an agreement has been varied a copy of the original agreement must be supplied. Also, you must be aware that knowingly fabricating an agreement of which a DCA has no legal rights of would lead to criminal proceedings by the defendant.

Also, under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR 2008) you have an obligation to let me know if you hold, or have ever held, an original signed credit agreement for this alleged account. And if you hold no such agreement you are equally obliged to inform you as such.

Therefore, from the correspondence it can be safely deduced that the document that you have produced to me is not the original agreement and can be proven as such. I find it a deliberate attempt on your part to mislead and obtain monies from law abiding citizens for which you have no legal entitlement to.

Any further threatening correspondence would tantamount to extortionist behaviour and would be liable for criminal proceedings against you once a complaint has been lodged and strongly pursued with the ICO.

Sincerely,

• 1 month later...

Good News!!

I received the attached on Friday last week. I am indebted to you guys for this. I owe this website and the people here a lot. Hopefully you guys shall accept my gratitude on my next pay day.

Thanks.

I am now excited about your advice on my other matters that I opened on this website.

and another fleecer bites the dust!!

dx

and they