Fair cop? Box junction fine...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pulled over to the left so as not to be squashed by the looming white van turning right into the road and got stuck with back wheels in the box - do I just have to suck it up or is this worth appealing do you think? Pic below...

Any advice much appreciated - thanks, Sarah

GT179796152.jpg

I'd say fair cop myself, especially as it's more than just back wheels, looking at picture, and the picture doesn't make it look as if the van was posing any kind of threat.

Just my opinion, I wasn't there, but looking at the picture from an unbiased point of view, I wouldn't have thought there was anything there apart from a driver driving across the junction when passage is not clear at the other end. Sorry. :-(

If you were in the right hand lane and you exit from the box junction was clear then you have every right to enter the box juction.

If after entering the white van pushed in from the right forcing you to the left where you couldnt then exit then I think thats a reasnoble excuse.

The offence is entering the box junction when the exit isnt clear unless of course you were turning right and your exit was blocked by oncoming traffic.

I would certainly appeal I think you have a case

But its only my opinion

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

Also having had a close look at the photo are you sure you are in the box junction !!

It looks to me that the diaganal lines end before your wheels. They dont continue on. It may be a fault with the marking but thats not your problem Have a look at the other side of the road. there is certainly a difference.

7 actions in progress

Also having had a close look at the photo are you sure you are in the box junction !!

It looks to me that the diaganal lines end before your wheels. They dont continue on. It may be a fault with the marking but thats not your problem Have a look at the other side of the road. there is certainly a difference.

Roger - It is the car in front of the bus, which is wholly in the box junction. The only saving grace is that ALL the vehicles in the box junction were done

this is actually video film, not still footage. ask to see the whole film, its youre right. if it shows you were proceding into a clear space but the white van "cut you up ' and forced you to vere off to the left, you have a good point of arguement, as you can show the actions of the van caused you to stop on the box junc. also, if you were proceding on a green light it will show that the van driver must have jumped the lights and entered on a red light.

it is always worth appealing as these things are never what they seem

good luck

:mad:LF53

from the description of Sarah's post. Her car is the one in front of the bus, which is pulling into the road from the side road. Her car is also next to the white van.

I thought I was going mad. I couldnt see a bus but on closer inspection its there coming from the left road. I thought that was a market stall or the front of a shop.

Apologies.

I think getting the video is a good idea

7 actions in progress

AFAIK, contrary to TfL's opinion, it is not an offence to stop in a box junction. It is an offence to enter a box junction unless your exit is clear (except for turning right, etc.).

If your video shows that your exit was clear when you entered, then no offence is committed - especially if you were forced out of lane by the WVM. Ask for the video; if they refuse, demand it with a SAR under the DPA

I also notice that the bus is across the yellow box hatching despite being at a red light - I wonder if he was done also?

• 3 weeks later...
Pulled over to the left so as not to be squashed by the looming white van turning right into the road and got stuck with back wheels in the box - do I just have to suck it up or is this worth appealing do you think? Pic below...

Any advice much appreciated - thanks, Sarah

Road users have an obligation to avoid accidents.

As you say your action was to avoid a collision with the white van, you have a reasonable case that you should not be penalised for it ... even if your being in the box junction would otherwise have been an offence.

Tim