tax dilema

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

basicly im buying a car tomorrow which is sorn atm would it be possible to move it after purchase with insurance and mot to my home address which is private land until I can get tot the post office in the morning for new tax disc

would this be legal if im pulled would this stand up if explained to a police officer??

any advice at all would be helpful please.

S.O.R.N. is a legal statement that a vehicle is off road. It should be moved on a trailer or flatbed. Could be towed with the Reg number of the towing vehicle covering the rear number plate but still possible to get stopped.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

any advice at all would be helpful please.

Hi, the vehicle is sorn so the only way it can be moved is with tax or by the motor trade. If you are stopped you can be fined also if you are involved in an accident ,would you be insured if the vehicle is not legal.

Best wait till it is taxed.

so should I just purchase the car tomorrow and collect it Monday morning and go to the post office a mile away with it and the its all dealt with

You cant go to the PO with it. You can go with the documents and the fee then return with the tax and drive it away.

bah humbug just found out you can do it all online lmao failed thanks for advice guys

Yes you can as long as you have the details off the log book but the disc will go to the registered keeper. Check first with http://www.askmid.com/ that the insurance has been registered.

Doing it on line would also mean you can't drive it for a further 5 or 6 days till the disk arrives. If you take the paperwork to the post office they will give you a disk there and then

Doing it on line would also mean you can't drive it for a further 5 or 6 days till the disk arrives. If you take the paperwork to the post office they will give you a disk there and then

There is 5 working days grace for the display of a licence if it is taken out on-line or by post.

There is 5 working days grace for the display of a licence if it is taken out on-line or by post.

Dosn't that depend on when the previous disc expires? OP hasn't mentioned when that was.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Dosn't that depend on when the previous disc expires? OP hasn't mentioned when that was.

Or the relevant declaration applying to the vehicles ceases to be in force, s.33(1B), Vehicles Excise & Registration Act 1994.

The SORN declaration ceases to be in force by taking out a licence.