• Tweets

• Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Finally, finally, finally found it!  It's this para that talks about the legitimate interest and a two-hour parking limit. 57_extracted_WS Combined excl Ex2 .pdf
    • Thank you FTMDave. I've made the suggested changes and will see if there is any other feedback before posting a final copy.  I would be grateful if you could attached the Beavis judgment as I can't seem to find it. Do I also need to attach copies of the other judgments referenced in the WS?  And is there an easy way to find them? Many thank in advance!
    • Hi,  It has been very stressful. I have just received a letter of 'Notice of Transfer of Proceedings' which states the case has been transferred to my local court and to await judge's directions. Is there still a possibility that it will not go to court? The other issue I now have is that I am moving abroad for work in the next few months and now might not actually be able to attend the court hearing!  I am not sure what the best course of action is now. I feel like after all this, the MET are going to win anyway! HELP! 
    • Thanks for jumping in Bazza.  I understand that some people would suggest this.  But no. The moot point is that there should not be any debt.  There shouldn't be any reason for me to be made B.  The lender / receiver are responsible for the property not selling in a timely manner.  Whoever heard of a (well-located nice) property not selling in >5y?    They have no reasons.   Disclosure has subsequently offered staggering evidence which corroborates lender bad behaviour, bribery, and collusion/ interference with the receiver.  I am holding them to account for this.  It is clear they don't want this evidence in the public domain - it will shred their reputation.   (One also has to understand that the ceo - with collusion and conflict of interest (using same lawyers as lender) and receiver - tried to get the property cheap for his own use) They now want to agree a settlement.  I have separately reported a lawyer for negligence to the LO and SRA. I want to report the receiver as soon as I understand how to. I also would like to find some legal means of getting the property sold.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help With Next Store Card Default.

dejavus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before couldn't find any info in the search result.

I had a Next Store card which is now cancelled but got a default due to God knows what reason (I ll leave contesting the default to another thread), but account has been closed anyway but its been more than 4 years now and I thought I read somewhere that store card default leave your account after 3 years, could someone confirm if this is the case or not.

Next_zpsdf0818b3.png

Thanks in advance.

It will drop off your file 6 years from the default date.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Next Store card which is now cancelled but got a default.

I SAR Next and almost 40 Days later I got the response below. I have scanned the included documents and attached them to this post. I used the card only once I think and forgot to make the payment in time but paid few days later to my knowledge and never used the card again until I cancelled the card in 2009. as shown below.

Please the whole essence of this post is to advice on means by which I can get Next to take off this default notice as I was not notified of this not until lately when I checked my record.

Any advice will be duly taken on board and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Picture 1 (Screenshot of record in Credit File)

Next_zpsdf0818b3.png

Picture 2 (Response Letter from Next)

Letter_zpscbfee5b3.jpg

Picture 3 (Original Agreement??? This has my name and address on it so I suppose its a copy of the Agreement but I doubt it as I believe I signed up in store to my Knowledge hence I physically signed a form but the copy that was sent to me was not signed and my details on there was typed not handwritten.)

OriginalAgreement_zps39e7e0d6.jpg

Picture 4 (Statement and I cannot make sense of it , would appreciate some help in understanding what it says)

Statement_zps7f51d9cb.jpg

Picture 5 (Copy of Generic Agreement enclosed not sure why it was included)

GenericAgreement_zps7154d3f7.jpg

Picture 6 (Cover of Generic Agreement)

GenericAgreementCover_zpseb75ddbb.jpg

its a late payment marker not a default.

should not be hurting you at all.

what is the issue?

cant get a mortgage because this is on there?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its a late payment marker not a default.

should not be hurting you at all.

what is the issue?

cant get a mortgage because this is on there?

dx

I am just about to apply for a mortgage and trying to make my file as squeaky clean as possible. apart from this I also have an AP from a Natwest overdraft which I talked about in this thread and thats about it. No late payment elsewhere and everything is okay. Would you reckon these 2 wouldn't be an issue?

as said in the other thread it will be doing you little harm

what is the score then?

you've got recnt ceredit so should be good

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as said in the other thread it will be doing you little harm

what is the score then?

you've got recnt ceredit so should be good

dx

I just checked now with Equifax and its scoring me 428 out of 600.

Latest Score

15/06

What your Score means to you

You have a score of 428. Your score is highly predictive that you would be a good candidate for credit. You are above the average for UK borrowers. Most credit grantors would consider this score good. While many factors other than your score influence the decision to grant credit, you will probably not be turned down for loans based on your score alone. Review the Risk Signals below to identify areas that may be negatively impacting your score. Find out more about automatic credit decisions .

Credit Agreements

This section lists information provided by credit providers and other lenders, including details of existing and previous credit agreements and historical information about the repayment of these agreements. Lenders update and supply this information to Equifax on a monthly basis. You may find that not all the credit accounts you have with lenders are necessarily shown on your credit report. However, most lenders provide Equifax with information on all their customers accounts, irrespective of the status of the accounts i.e. up to date and overdue.

Good

You have 10 active accounts and 6 settled accounts on file at your current address. Credit grantors prefer that you have at least one or two accounts as part of your credit profile. Active accounts are preferred to settled accounts.

Good

You have no active accounts and 11 settled accounts on file at your previous address(es). Credit grantors prefer that you have at least one or two accounts at your current address. Settled accounts at your previous address can improve your chances of getting credit if you have a limited credit profile.

Excellent

Your oldest account is 7 year(s) 10 month(s) old. Credit grantors prefer to see accounts opened at least 36 months.

Excellent

You have no derogatory items in your payment history.

Excellent

All payments on your accounts are up to date.

Excellent

Credit reference agencies are receiving periodic updates from your credit grantor(s) that reflect you have made payments on time in the past.

Excellent

You have no defaults.

Electoral Roll

The Electoral Roll is a list of everyone who is entitled to vote in elections, and their addresses. Your Local Authority updates this information every year using the details from the registration form you receive each autumn from your Electoral Registration Office. Each year we use a copy of the Electoral Roll to update our records. If you've move house during the year and advise your new Electoral Registration Office we will reflect this change as part of our additional monthly update from each local authority. The address details on our database are sourced from the Post Office and may differ slightly from the address details registered with your Local Authority. As part of your Credit Report we will provide you with details of the Electoral Roll for each of the addresses you supplied to us, current or previous and also for addresses linked to you. Please be aware that new properties may not yet appear on our database and that Equifax holds a limited number of addresse for the Channel Islands.

Fair (I moved house in September 2011 and notified the council but was not reflected until April Last Year )

You are presently shown as registered on the electoral roll but your registration at your current address is for two years or less. Credit grantors generally prefer at least 3 or 4 years of confirmed residency as this indicates stability. Please review the section of your credit report entitled Electoral Roll . For more information about Electoral Roll data, click here .

..........................................Current ............Previous 1 Previous 2

Confirmed .........................Yes Yes N/A

Length of Time on Electoral Roll 1 year ...............5 years N/A

Searches

A search is the process organisations undertake when they wish to review information held on your Credit Report. Such searches will have been performed with your consent and typically take place when you make an application for credit with a lender. A search enables lenders to view information at your addresses in order to decide whether or not to grant credit.

Previous Credit Searches appearing on your Credit Report show lenders that you have made applications for credit. Searches for lending purposes would not normally be viewed as adverse information. If however there were an unusually large number of Credit Searches in a relatively short period of time, this may be interpreted by a lender as being indicative of over-commitment or maybe even fraud.

Not all searches are performed for lending purposes. Another potential purpose is Identity Checking. Such searches are not seen by any lender or other organisation reviewing your Credit Report

Excellent

You have had 0 search(es) for credit in the last six months. Credit grantors view more than one or two searches within six months unfavourably. Please review the section of your credit report entitled Previous Searches . For more information about credit searches and what you can do about them, click here .

Court Information

Judgments are issued as a result of County or High Court action. If a Creditor/Claimant (the person looking to claim the money from you) is owed a sum of money by you they may raise a claim against you in either the County or High Court, for recovery of these monies. If the court agrees that the Creditor/Claimant is owed the money, then a Judgment will be granted by the court against the Individual (Defendant). The monetary value of this Judgment will be for the amount due and any associated costs. In Scotland similar judgments given in the Sheriffs Courts are called Decrees. Equifax receives this information from Registry Trust Ltd. Registry Trust Ltd is a non-profit making company, contracted by the Lord Chancellor, through the Ministry of Justice, to maintain the statutory public Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines covering courts in England and Wales. As well as holding public registers covering money Judgments/Decrees in Scotland, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and Jersey, Registry Trust Ltd acts as a clearing house for Judgments registered in Eire. Details of all these Judgments/Decrees, and any subsequent amendments, are passed to the credit reference agencies for inclusion in their Reports.

Excellent

You have no information in your credit report that indicates a Court Judgment or other public record information such as a bankruptcy in your name. Credit grantors view this favourably.

Edited by dejavus
Address Details.

still a bit low though

prob the voters?

or have you a lot of searches?

dx

and they

still a bit low though

prob the voters?

or have you a lot of searches?

dx

What is classed as "lot"?

I had some issue with O2 with my address in the past, whereby I was not able to place an order online on their website due to some issue with the say my address was recorded on their system.

Oblivious of the damage that was being done to my file. I tried online and and even called up to talk to someone who advised all looks okay and wanted to try it over the phone if that was okay to which I said yes but was declined eventually as well.

These obviously has left their footprint on my file. IS there a way I can get O2 to remove these searches from my account?

Search_zps9bd99b31.png