• Tweets

• @bankfodder I will redo and attach once I've done school run thank you x
    • To add to the above, I think you are going to find it very difficult to challenge something like survey which to a certain extent is going to be a statement of opinion. In order to challenge it, you're going to have to get a corroborative opinion which means getting someone else to assess the property, says the survey report which you have received and to tell you whether or not it is flawed in the way that you think. I don't see any other way to do it. More complicated than that – if you do find that an independent evaluation of your report confirms your view that it is of poor quality, then probably you will need to get a second view as well. These independent assessments won't come for free and you may well find that you are having to pay the same amount again and again. Also, I can imagine that independent experts may be rather low to start contradicting fellow professionals. In terms of not paying off your credit card, you are getting into a very sticky position because the credit card company will turn on you and rapidly blight your credit file and turn it into a debt collection process. This means that you will find yourself in conflict not only with the surveyor, but also with your credit card company. If you want to do this, then you should pay off the credit card company so that there is no issue on that score and then get the necessary evidence before mounting a challenge. If you do any other way, you're going to find yourself with an accumulating assortment of problems which you will find it very difficult to deal with
    • Morning, I received confirmation from the court, a day after sending my defence to the court. It gives them 28 days to reply as standard. However, a few days ago I received a letter from SM, dated 22/4/21 but only arrived at the weekend? I’m confused, because it’s not asking me to make an arrangement to pay, and would have been sent before I sent the defence, but the wording doesn’t make sense. It’s sent after the claim was lodged by them, by about 3 weeks I’d say, but asking for me to make an arrangement to pay.  I’m assuming I don’t contact them, because then I’ll be liable for the whole amount?  Also, I had to acknowledge and defend the claim before this arrived, so are SM right to have sent this to me when they did? It seems strange that this is only the first letter I’ve received from them, which they send some time after sending me a claim form and after the deadline for replying to the claim. PS redacted this time! SM letter .pdf
    • Personally I would skip all the outrage of finding things amusing and insulting et cetera. As my own personal style but I would tend to keep the emotion out of it simply states actually that you consider that the requirements are intended to place a deliberate obstacle in your path and probably a breach of the data protection rules as they clearly have all the necessary information to identify you because they have been writing threats et cetera for some considerable time, not to mention correspondence with the FOS. I think I'd then point out that if they do exceed the deadline that not only will you bring an action on that basis but also that they have raised unlawful obstacles. I will try to keep it deadpan
    • BazzaS, My brothers life is ruined by Gp negligence, it should never have happened. Justice for my brother. Gps involved need to be investigated by approproiate medical bodies. If that means the Gp's involved need to be repremanded then be it. If it's happened to my brother, how many other people has the same thing happened/happening at the Gp practice involved. Maybe other patients in a similar situation have not raised the issue?   I've seen the entries online which show Gps name, date sleeping tablets were presribed, reason poor sleep, and possible agitation etc. This is the Gp's reasoning.   The pharmacy which sent the medication is also negligent by not providing medical instructions with the medicine. If medical instructions were provided. There is possibility his family would have read the instructions and seen urinary retention as warning and not given the medication.   BazzaS, The sleeping tablets precipitated pushed foreward urinary retention, it was going to happen sooner or later given the prostate issue. The sleeping tablets just made the urinary retention happen quicker. If it wasn't going to happen now it would have happened maybe in a few weeks/months time. The consultant said this. Does the below letter need more tweaking before its sent to the Gp asking for an explanantion?   Please can you provide an explanation why GP1 (name here) on xx/xx/xx, GP2 (name here) on xx/xx/xx and GP3 (name here) on xx/xx/xx prescribed (medication) to my brother? What was the reasoning behind the prescripton?          
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Help With Next Store Card Default.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before couldn't find any info in the search result.

I had a Next Store card which is now cancelled but got a default due to God knows what reason (I ll leave contesting the default to another thread), but account has been closed anyway but its been more than 4 years now and I thought I read somewhere that store card default leave your account after 3 years, could someone confirm if this is the case or not.

Next_zpsdf0818b3.png

Thanks in advance.

It will drop off your file 6 years from the default date.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Next Store card which is now cancelled but got a default.

I SAR Next and almost 40 Days later I got the response below. I have scanned the included documents and attached them to this post. I used the card only once I think and forgot to make the payment in time but paid few days later to my knowledge and never used the card again until I cancelled the card in 2009. as shown below.

Please the whole essence of this post is to advice on means by which I can get Next to take off this default notice as I was not notified of this not until lately when I checked my record.

Any advice will be duly taken on board and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Picture 1 (Screenshot of record in Credit File)

Next_zpsdf0818b3.png

Picture 2 (Response Letter from Next)

Letter_zpscbfee5b3.jpg

Picture 3 (Original Agreement??? This has my name and address on it so I suppose its a copy of the Agreement but I doubt it as I believe I signed up in store to my Knowledge hence I physically signed a form but the copy that was sent to me was not signed and my details on there was typed not handwritten.)

OriginalAgreement_zps39e7e0d6.jpg

Picture 4 (Statement and I cannot make sense of it , would appreciate some help in understanding what it says)

Statement_zps7f51d9cb.jpg

Picture 5 (Copy of Generic Agreement enclosed not sure why it was included)

GenericAgreement_zps7154d3f7.jpg

Picture 6 (Cover of Generic Agreement)

GenericAgreementCover_zpseb75ddbb.jpg

its a late payment marker not a default.

should not be hurting you at all.

what is the issue?

cant get a mortgage because this is on there?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its a late payment marker not a default.

should not be hurting you at all.

what is the issue?

cant get a mortgage because this is on there?

dx

I am just about to apply for a mortgage and trying to make my file as squeaky clean as possible. apart from this I also have an AP from a Natwest overdraft which I talked about in this thread and thats about it. No late payment elsewhere and everything is okay. Would you reckon these 2 wouldn't be an issue?

as said in the other thread it will be doing you little harm

what is the score then?

you've got recnt ceredit so should be good

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as said in the other thread it will be doing you little harm

what is the score then?

you've got recnt ceredit so should be good

dx

I just checked now with Equifax and its scoring me 428 out of 600.

Latest Score

15/06

What your Score means to you

You have a score of 428. Your score is highly predictive that you would be a good candidate for credit. You are above the average for UK borrowers. Most credit grantors would consider this score good. While many factors other than your score influence the decision to grant credit, you will probably not be turned down for loans based on your score alone. Review the Risk Signals below to identify areas that may be negatively impacting your score. Find out more about automatic credit decisions .

Credit Agreements

This section lists information provided by credit providers and other lenders, including details of existing and previous credit agreements and historical information about the repayment of these agreements. Lenders update and supply this information to Equifax on a monthly basis. You may find that not all the credit accounts you have with lenders are necessarily shown on your credit report. However, most lenders provide Equifax with information on all their customers accounts, irrespective of the status of the accounts i.e. up to date and overdue.

Good

You have 10 active accounts and 6 settled accounts on file at your current address. Credit grantors prefer that you have at least one or two accounts as part of your credit profile. Active accounts are preferred to settled accounts.

Good

You have no active accounts and 11 settled accounts on file at your previous address(es). Credit grantors prefer that you have at least one or two accounts at your current address. Settled accounts at your previous address can improve your chances of getting credit if you have a limited credit profile.

Excellent

Your oldest account is 7 year(s) 10 month(s) old. Credit grantors prefer to see accounts opened at least 36 months.

Excellent

You have no derogatory items in your payment history.

Excellent

All payments on your accounts are up to date.

Excellent

Credit reference agencies are receiving periodic updates from your credit grantor(s) that reflect you have made payments on time in the past.

Excellent

You have no defaults.

Electoral Roll

The Electoral Roll is a list of everyone who is entitled to vote in elections, and their addresses. Your Local Authority updates this information every year using the details from the registration form you receive each autumn from your Electoral Registration Office. Each year we use a copy of the Electoral Roll to update our records. If you've move house during the year and advise your new Electoral Registration Office we will reflect this change as part of our additional monthly update from each local authority. The address details on our database are sourced from the Post Office and may differ slightly from the address details registered with your Local Authority. As part of your Credit Report we will provide you with details of the Electoral Roll for each of the addresses you supplied to us, current or previous and also for addresses linked to you. Please be aware that new properties may not yet appear on our database and that Equifax holds a limited number of addresse for the Channel Islands.

Fair (I moved house in September 2011 and notified the council but was not reflected until April Last Year )

You are presently shown as registered on the electoral roll but your registration at your current address is for two years or less. Credit grantors generally prefer at least 3 or 4 years of confirmed residency as this indicates stability. Please review the section of your credit report entitled Electoral Roll . For more information about Electoral Roll data, click here .

..........................................Current ............Previous 1 Previous 2

Confirmed .........................Yes Yes N/A

Length of Time on Electoral Roll 1 year ...............5 years N/A

Searches

A search is the process organisations undertake when they wish to review information held on your Credit Report. Such searches will have been performed with your consent and typically take place when you make an application for credit with a lender. A search enables lenders to view information at your addresses in order to decide whether or not to grant credit.

Previous Credit Searches appearing on your Credit Report show lenders that you have made applications for credit. Searches for lending purposes would not normally be viewed as adverse information. If however there were an unusually large number of Credit Searches in a relatively short period of time, this may be interpreted by a lender as being indicative of over-commitment or maybe even fraud.

Not all searches are performed for lending purposes. Another potential purpose is Identity Checking. Such searches are not seen by any lender or other organisation reviewing your Credit Report

Excellent

You have had 0 search(es) for credit in the last six months. Credit grantors view more than one or two searches within six months unfavourably. Please review the section of your credit report entitled Previous Searches . For more information about credit searches and what you can do about them, click here .

Court Information

Judgments are issued as a result of County or High Court action. If a Creditor/Claimant (the person looking to claim the money from you) is owed a sum of money by you they may raise a claim against you in either the County or High Court, for recovery of these monies. If the court agrees that the Creditor/Claimant is owed the money, then a Judgment will be granted by the court against the Individual (Defendant). The monetary value of this Judgment will be for the amount due and any associated costs. In Scotland similar judgments given in the Sheriffs Courts are called Decrees. Equifax receives this information from Registry Trust Ltd. Registry Trust Ltd is a non-profit making company, contracted by the Lord Chancellor, through the Ministry of Justice, to maintain the statutory public Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines covering courts in England and Wales. As well as holding public registers covering money Judgments/Decrees in Scotland, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and Jersey, Registry Trust Ltd acts as a clearing house for Judgments registered in Eire. Details of all these Judgments/Decrees, and any subsequent amendments, are passed to the credit reference agencies for inclusion in their Reports.

Excellent

You have no information in your credit report that indicates a Court Judgment or other public record information such as a bankruptcy in your name. Credit grantors view this favourably.

Edited by dejavus
Address Details.

still a bit low though

prob the voters?

or have you a lot of searches?

dx

and they

still a bit low though

prob the voters?

or have you a lot of searches?

dx

What is classed as "lot"?

I had some issue with O2 with my address in the past, whereby I was not able to place an order online on their website due to some issue with the say my address was recorded on their system.

Oblivious of the damage that was being done to my file. I tried online and and even called up to talk to someone who advised all looks okay and wanted to try it over the phone if that was okay to which I said yes but was declined eventually as well.

These obviously has left their footprint on my file. IS there a way I can get O2 to remove these searches from my account?

Search_zps9bd99b31.png