Stripped of no claims discount - ** RESOLVED **

MisterEdd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am livid. I have just been sent my renewal invitation and Hastings have stripped me of 5 years no claims. I have a very simple no fault claim in February. I paid my excess and Carpenters claimed it back from the other side Ageas, Ageas had already written to me offering to sort the minimal damage to my car out themselves, so obviously it was their clients fault.

I call Hastings on Friday to check when renewal docs will be sent, they told me the new price over the phone and confirmed I have my full 9 years no claims.

I call them today and am told that the claim 'is still open' so I am docked 5 years. How can it be 'open' when Carpenters solicitors claimed back my excess ages ago.

I am absolutely livid. For a claim that probably cost about £300 max, I cannot shop around for quotes saying I have 9 years no claims?

SO NOT HAPPY

Hi MisterEdd, Thanks for posting. I have received and responded to your email. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy, I am sure I will be able to help you get this resolved. It is standard practice to reduce no claims bonus until a claim is closed however I will investigate this situation for you to find out why this claim has not yet been closed. Many Thanks, Jamie